Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Enrique Iglesias Offered Judging Spot on American Idol
Topic Started: Sep 6 2012, 07:22 PM (514 Views)
Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Enrique Iglesias Offered Judging Spot on American Idol

Is this the last golden ticket?

Enrique Iglesias has been offered what may be the final spot on the American Idol judges table, Entertainment Weekly reports.

The "Bailamos" singer, 36, would join already announced judge Mariah Carey, as well as reported new additions Keith Urban and Nicki Minaj. Iglesias was reportedly offered $ 4 million.

Nigel Lythgoe returning to American Idol

If Iglesias decides to sign on, and Urban and Minaj's deals are finalized, American Idol might have its most diverse panel of judges yet. While Carey's music is best described as pop mixed with R&B and hip-hop, Urban is pure country, Igelisias is huge in the Latin genre and Minaj is best known as a rapper/singer.

Randy Jackson, the only holdout from last season, and a judge since Idol's beginning, is said to be moving to a mentor role.

However, it is unclear if Iglesias will sign on the dotted line after turning down a chance to host The X Factor. He was also in talks for The Voice.

Do you think Iglesias would make good judge?

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Enrique-Iglesias-American-Idol-1052693.aspx
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Who's place would he have taken on The Voice?

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Enrique and Keith Urban,whoa,two pieces of eyes candy,that would work for me.

On the voice was he offered a judge position or mentor?

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Miss Rhi
Sep 6 2012, 07:37 PM
Who's place would he have taken on The Voice?
Maybe one of the international ones? The UK Voice I think nearly lost some of its judges.

Crazygirl
Member Avatar

So Keith Urban is really in the running. Hot damn I might have to start watching again.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Better figure out the judges,auditions for the judges start in less than 2 weeks.

Dakota
Member Avatar
World Cup June 12, 2014- July 13, 2014

This sound like a comedy hour they are offering the position to anyone to garner ratings, but it will flop.

Dakota
Member Avatar
World Cup June 12, 2014- July 13, 2014

Crazygirl
Sep 7 2012, 12:26 AM
So Keith Urban is really in the running. Hot damn I might have to start watching again.
KU is great, but along Nicky Minaj I may have to give it a pass.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I think The Voice was working on a second panel so that they can run twice a year and their judges can still tour and whatnot.

This judging panel is a fucking joke, imho. It's an SNL skit waiting to happen, but a bad one.

And Randy as a mentor...dude hasn't offered specific criticism in years, if ever.

Whatever works though, I guess. I mean, I'm convinced the winner will be another one in the same vein as the last 4 or 5 so...it's hard to really care.

Crazygirl
Member Avatar

Dakota
Sep 7 2012, 11:45 AM
Crazygirl
Sep 7 2012, 12:26 AM
KU is great, but along Nicky Minaj I may have to give it a pass.
Yes, good point :D

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply