Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ratings for Week of August 27-31, 2012
Topic Started: Sep 7 2012, 06:27 PM (1,636 Views)
ChampagneRiver
Member Avatar

(SoapOperaNetwork.com) - Ratings Report for the Week of August 27-31, 2012

Numbers are based on Live+Same Day ratings

(Compared to Last Week/Compared to Last Year)

Total Viewers
1. Y&R 4,339,000 (-166,000/-86,000)
2. B&B 3,111,000 (-173,000/+384,000)
3. GH 2,661,000 (+215,000/+175,000)
4. DAYS 2,571,000 (-200,000/+208,000)

Households
1. Y&R 3.4/11 (+.1/+.1)
2. B&B 2.4/8 (same/+.3)
3. DAYS 2.0/6 (same/+.2)
3. GH 2.0/6 (+.2/+.2)

Women 18-49 Viewers
1. Y&R 804,000 (-46,000/-27,000)
2. GH 626,000 (+52,000/-102,000)
3. B&B 600,000 (-45,000/+68,000)
4. DAYS 531,000 (-87,000/-113,000)

Women 18-49 Rating
1. Y&R 1.3/8 (same/same)
2. GH 1.0/6 (+.1/-.1)
3. B&B 0.9/6 (-.1/+.1)
4. DAYS 0.8/5 (-.2/-.2)

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2012/09/ratings-great-week-for-gh-2
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DaysForever
Member Avatar

DAYS
Monday: 2.1/2,827,000
Tuesday: 2.0/2,671,000
Wednesday: 1.9/2,467,000
Thursday: 1.9/2,566,000
Friday: 1.8/2,327,000

I see DAYS is back to its regular Friday bloodbath of viewers.

I'm surprised it managed to stay at a 2.0 !

AHM

Hard to believe Days held onto a couple of 2s, but I'm glad to see the ratings declining. The show stinks. I think if there's any hope of something decent before the end, Tomlin's got to exit.

Nate
Member Avatar

I told you guys GH would be way better this week and would bet DAYS!

outrageous
Member Avatar

AHM
Sep 7 2012, 07:49 PM
Hard to believe Days held onto a couple of 2s, but I'm glad to see the ratings declining. The show stinks. I think if there's any hope of something decent before the end, Tomlin's got to exit.
I honestly think they've run out of writers. I will never understand why they hired Tomsell back otherwise. If Tomsell go, we might end up with Dena again.

I think that people feel like they're watching 2010 again. No thanks for this viewer, and by the looks of it for many others.
Edited by outrageous, Sep 8 2012, 12:01 AM.

james0479
Member Avatar

Mmm hmmm. Back to reality. The two weeks prior to this ratings week had drama, excitement and something for everyone. Loved it or hated it, it was watchable. This ratings week slowed considerably and the ratings show it. The 2's are nice and it's more than this time last year but it would've been cool to keep things moving. I don't think we will see much of a spike again until October and into November.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

AHM
I don't think one can write off an entire tenure after 3 weeks. Tomlin took months to build up the show in the 2009 ratings wise, I'd expect the same now. I'm not a fan of most these stories, but the show is being written in a way that I can tolerate it without fast forwarding or changing the channel, something Higley and MarDar could never achieve. Its a big plus.

lovinsafe
Member Avatar

This week there was too much of Nick! They have proven time and again that bringing back old characters doesn’t solve there problems! Who really cares about Nick? But it gives them an out for Melanie! And if they keep Nick make him a dark characters we need more of them outside of the Dimera clan! Let the feud begin between Nick and Chad!

AHM

Southofsoap
Sep 8 2012, 09:32 AM
AHM
I don't think one can write off an entire tenure after 3 weeks. Tomlin took months to build up the show in the 2009 ratings wise, I'd expect the same now. I'm not a fan of most these stories, but the show is being written in a way that I can tolerate it without fast forwarding or changing the channel, something Higley and MarDar could never achieve. Its a big plus.
I base my opinion on what I saw of of Tomlin being in charge the year before the reboot. I base my opinion on his apparent love for two of the dullest characters I've ever seen on this soap: Rafe and Dan. I base my opinion on what I've seen with regard to character integrity, or the lack of it, under his supervision. Of course, the main reason I was watching was Jack (and JnJ), so I have a huge bias against a guy who sacrificed one of Days' greatest characters so that the very ordinary and lackluster pairing of Dannifer could go forth. What I've read of the post Daysaster stuff that's aired thus far with Tomlin as head writer sounds like garbage, including Jennifer shallower than ever and not even resembling the character I used to like, more merry-go-round men for Sami, and more no-build love stories. Seems to me Tomlin creates nothing in which to invest and is all about the mixing and matching game, starring a bunch of hollow characters.

P.S. I do think MarDar were also awful. I just don't understand the choice to go back to a guy who was in charge when the show was awful before MarDar were awful. Seriously, are there such a limited number of people willing to write soap opera? I've seen Matt (and many others) from this board come up with far better stuff than I've seen on the actual show in a very long time.
Edited by AHM, Sep 8 2012, 11:14 AM.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

AHM
Sep 8 2012, 11:10 AM
Southofsoap
Sep 8 2012, 09:32 AM
AHM
I base my opinion on what I saw of of Tomlin being in charge the year before the reboot. I base my opinion on his apparent love for two of the dullest characters I've ever seen on this soap: Rafe and Dan. I base my opinion on what I've seen with regard to character integrity, or the lack of it, under his supervision. Of course, the main reason I was watching was Jack (and JnJ), so I have a huge bias against a guy who sacrificed one of Days' greatest characters so that the very ordinary and lackluster pairing of Dannifer could go forth. What I've read of the post Daysaster stuff that's aired thus far with Tomlin as head writer sounds like garbage, including Jennifer shallower than ever and not even resembling the character I used to like, more merry-go-round men for Sami, and more no-build love stories. Seems to me Tomlin creates nothing in which to invest and is all about the mixing and matching game, starring a bunch of hollow characters.

P.S. I do think MarDar were also awful. I just don't understand the choice to go back to a guy who was in charge when the show was awful before MarDar were awful. Seriously, are there such a limited number of people willing to write soap opera? I've seen Matt (and many others) from this board come up with far better stuff than I've seen on the actual show in a very long time.
It plays out better on screen than the spoilers indicate, for me at least. Guess, you'll have to take my word for it since you are not actually watching :shrug:

AHM

^You've got me there, as I've only caught bits, but what little I've seen has been no more enticing than the spoilers. I want to want to watch, but the cardboard characters in empty relationships get boring fast. I still have nostalgia for something that I once loved, and I haven't quite cut the cord, but I don't understand how the show nets any new viewers or holds them, if they have no past attachments to when the show didn't suck, for any length of time.

ElvisDiMera
Member Avatar

Way too much Nick/Melamee. Ratings for last week should keep falling. To make the show focus around her and have half their hot guys running around trying to protect her all the time from some more hot guys is just ridiculous and boring. I don't want to see it. I hate the Chad character now. He's become an overbearing loser and what he's doing to Gabi actually makes me feel bad for Gabi and kind of like the character a little now.

And what's all this Rafe/Sami crap? I don't care to see more of that either.

Tomsell is not getting off to a good start. They are giving us more of the same from when the ratings were at all-time lows. Seriously, Days has a death wish. They don't want to survive.

esp13
Member Avatar

Friday was the the start of the Labor Day Weekend. It's not real surprising that it would tank that day because a lot of people get an early start to the weekend and either aren't home or are busy getting ready to head out of town. I'd be surprised if the other shows didn't see a drop as well.

In any case, years of watching ratings have taught me one thing. Looking at any given week is fruitless. You have to look at broader trends. If it bounces back at all next week, then we've got a bona fide trend to watch. If it drops again, then the two week increase might just be a blip.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply