Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Jason47's Exclusive Interview with Tammy Taylor; Actress played Hope from 1981-1982
Topic Started: Sep 8 2012, 06:39 PM (1,116 Views)
Jason47
Member Avatar

In Jason47's newest exclusive interview, get all caught up with Tammy Taylor, the last actress to play Hope before Kristian Alfonso. Find out how she got cast as Hope, what it was like working with Frances Reid, Macdonald Carey and Bill and Susan Seaforth Hayes and how she ended up getting to kiss the Salem Strangler! All that and more at http://www.jason47.com
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Fafokahw
Member Avatar

Thanks Jason I'm off to read it now :)

Fafokahw
Member Avatar

Jason I just have to say you did a fabulous job interviewing Tammy I didn't start watching Days regularly until early 1983 during a fluke winter storm week that school was closed so I never got to see Tammy's Hope, her wonderful recollections and kind words were awesome to read thanks for sharing :D

Jason47
Member Avatar

Fafokahw
Sep 8 2012, 06:49 PM
Jason I just have to say you did a fabulous job interviewing Tammy I didn't start watching Days regularly until early 1983 during a fluke winter storm week that school was closed so I never got to see Tammy's Hope, her wonderful recollections and kind words were awesome to read thanks for sharing :D
Thanks! I didn't start watching until 1990, so it makes it a little harder to come up with questions regarding storylines one has never seen, but I tried my best. Glad you liked it! :)

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

That was a great interview. She sounds like a nice person. I remember the kid she mentioned set sitting, Meeno, because he starred in Voyagers, a show I watched when I was a kid. I also remember that the main actor died in some set accident.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Liz<3Days
Sep 8 2012, 07:11 PM
That was a great interview. She sounds like a nice person. I remember the kid she mentioned set sitting, Meeno, because he starred in Voyagers, a show I watched when I was a kid. I also remember that the main actor died in some set accident.
That main actor was SUPER hot Jon-Erik Hexum who really rose to fame in a made-for-TV movie with Joan Collins called "The Making of a Male Model". I had the MEGA hots for him when I was a kid/young teen. He ended up cast in a prime time adventure series with Jennifer O'Neill called "Cover Up" about spies who posed as a male model & a fashion photographer (The theme song was a cover of Bonnie Tyler's "Holding Out for a Hero"). It was on the set of that show that he was playing around in his dressing room with a prop gun that shot blanks and playfully did Russian Roulette and accidentally shot himself in the head with the blank. He died right as he was on the verge of becoming a HUGE star because he definitely had "It".

Anyway, back from my tangent, but I remember Tammy Taylor in the role (very vaguely) and she was just a sweet, kinda generic, teen. That said, I've read a few inteviews, comments from her over the years and she's never come across as anything less than utterly charming and I've never known of her to ever say a bad word about the show EVER. What a fantastic interview!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Matt
Sep 8 2012, 07:23 PM
Liz<3Days
That main actor was SUPER hot Jon-Erik Hexum who really rose to fame in a made-for-TV movie with Joan Collins called "The Making of a Male Model". I had the MEGA hots for him when I was a kid/young teen. He ended up cast in a prime time adventure series with Jennifer O'Neill called "Cover Up" about spies who posed as a male model & a fashion photographer (The theme song was a cover of Bonnie Tyler's "Holding Out for a Hero"). It was on the set of that show that he was playing around in his dressing room with a prop gun that shot blanks and playfully did Russian Roulette and accidentally shot himself in the head with the blank. He died right as he was on the verge of becoming a HUGE star because he definitely had "It".

Anyway, back from my tangent, but I remember Tammy Taylor in the role (very vaguely) and she was just a sweet, kinda generic, teen. That said, I've read a few inteviews, comments from her over the years and she's never come across as anything less than utterly charming and I've never known of her to ever say a bad word about the show EVER. What a fantastic interview!
He did look hot. He looks like GV in the scenes where he's in the jungle. I just watched the other show because of the time travel.

Back to the topic...are there clips of when her daughter aired as young Hope?
Edited by Liz<3Days, Sep 8 2012, 07:30 PM.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Liz<3Days
Sep 8 2012, 07:28 PM
Matt
Sep 8 2012, 07:23 PM
Liz<3Days

He did look hot. He looks like GV in the scenes where he's in the jungle. I just watched the other show because of the time travel.
I watched Voyagers, too, but since it came on Sundays at 7pm I didn't get to see it very often because of church. (Meeno grew up HOT, too, btw)

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

Great interview, Jason! She seems like a very sweet woman. So classy!

Jason47
Member Avatar

Thanks everyone! Glad you all liked the interview.

Lumi_are_true_love

Thanks Jason this is an interesting read that she and the actress that played Jessica then and now currently were on at the same time and that both actresses know Gary from when he first wrote for the show back in the early 80's and I had no idea this actress knew Gary too back from that time as well as did the actress that played Jessica then too and is playing Jessica now.

Anyway I find it interesting that she still watches Days to keep up with whats going on and maybe just maybe since she and Gary Tomlin when he first wrote know each other or knew each other and maybe hes familiar with who she is from when he first started out on Days writing back then in the early 80's that he will wind up bringing her on back to Days again back in a new role on Days or possible a role thats already on canvas.

Maybe she will come on as Emily Rafe's one true love and will be reunited with Rafe once more and we will see Emily and Rafe's lovestory play out at long last on screen and Emily is not dead after all and she and Rafe wind up being reunited with her once more and Emily and Rafe wind togehter once more and start a family together.

Emily and Rafe can be a family too and be tied into the cavas with the others as well since GT seems to really like Rafe already so maybe he will cast this actress since he knows her or should be familar who she is with when he first started writing for the show back in the early 80's as Emily and bring her back for Rafe and tell Emily and Rafe's lovestory too and we can see it play out too on our television screens as well along with the rest.

luvmysoaps

This was a nice read.

Thanks Jason

dc cubs
Member Avatar

Jason,
Thanks for this interview. I didn't start watching until 1984 so I didn't get to see any of Tammy's work until you posted those You Tube videos. Tammy seems like a very nice woman and it was just fate that her daughter was cast to play a young Hope in flashbacks.

granolagirl
Member Avatar

She was also did a movie with another, future Days of Our Lives actress (ahem) in 1984 --

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=MC5qdkXPBCQ
Edited by granolagirl, Sep 10 2012, 12:31 AM.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Mary Beth Evans looked like a man in that clip.

granolagirl
Member Avatar

So glad I went out of my way to share. :rolleyes:

Renee Dimera
Member Avatar

granolagirl
Sep 10 2012, 02:15 AM
So glad I went out of my way to share. :rolleyes:
I'm glad you did! TFP.

It's a cute clip. I think MBE is adorable, as always. :)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply