Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Interesting/Spoilerish Tweets, Week of 9/10; Twitter/FB list in first post
Topic Started: Sep 10 2012, 05:29 AM (20,547 Views)
Ellie

Jason47
Sep 10 2012, 07:07 PM
One more week until Christmas Day in Salem USA. Will Santa be good to all the Salemites this year??
Thanks Jason... wow. I really think it affects the quality of the show when they do this. I'm not even talking about the fact that they do one take or whatever; I think emotionally, the actors give a better performance when it really is the holiday season. It's 100 in Burbank this time of year besides anything else. In the 90's and 2000's, Christmas was always taped right before the Thanksgiving break - and that was pretty much the only break they got besides Christmas itself!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Carmi

I'm really, really not liking this Christmas in September thing. No.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Ellie
Sep 10 2012, 07:26 PM
Jason47
One more week until Christmas Day in Salem USA. Will Santa be good to all the Salemites this year??
Thanks Jason... wow. I really think it affects the quality of the show when they do this. I'm not even talking about the fact that they do one take or whatever; I think emotionally, the actors give a better performance when it really is the holiday season. It's 100 in Burbank this time of year besides anything else. In the 90's and 2000's, Christmas was always taped right before the Thanksgiving break - and that was pretty much the only break they got besides Christmas itself!
Its not only 100 degrees in Burbank. Add humidity and it sucks! I'm ready for Fall!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ally
Member Avatar
The Royal Princess

Ellie
Jason47
I still find it weird that they are shooting Christmas episodes in September.. :shrug:
Offline Profile Goto Top

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

Ellie
Jason47
I go to school in Burbank and it was hot as balls today. I agree with your post wholeheartedly.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Daysofold

Ellie
Jason47
I absolutely agree. It just shows you "not in tune" TPTB are with the rest of their fans. It seems like they keep eccelerating the production schedule. Pretty soon they'll be taping next December this year!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ireland98

Daysofold
Sep 10 2012, 09:33 PM
Ellie
Jason47
I absolutely agree. It just shows you "not in tune" TPTB are with the rest of their fans. It seems like they keep eccelerating the production schedule. Pretty soon they'll be taping next December this year!!
Agreed! I really dislike that Days films so far in advance. Why? Do other soaps film this far in advance?
I assume it has to do with budget, but it could play a role in the downfall of Days.
Given the fragile state of soaps, you'd think that Days would want to give enough time to adjust storylines based on fan reaction. :shrug:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Daysofold

Ejami79
Sep 10 2012, 10:39 PM
Daysofold
Sep 10 2012, 09:33 PM
Ellie
Jason47
Agreed! I really dislike that Days films so far in advance. Why? Do other soaps film this far in advance?
I assume it has to do with budget, but it could play a role in the downfall of Days.
Given the fragile state of soaps, you'd think that Days would want to give enough time to adjust storylines based on fan reaction. :shrug:
This WILL BE Days' downfall. I do not see the show being renewed.
Offline Profile Goto Top

bomber
Member Avatar

It wouldn't matter if they taped on the same day, TPTB aren't exactly taking a lot of notice of fan reaction. That's why we are right back to the unpopular stories/couples of a year ago. :huh:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

TPTB seem to think that ANY reaction is good, even negative reaction. These fools have said time and time again that fans getting mad is better than them being apathetic. I wonder what would happen if we were just silent for three months, like their crazy taping schedule.
Online Profile Goto Top

bomber
Member Avatar

Spencer Hastings
Sep 11 2012, 12:14 AM
TPTB seem to think that ANY reaction is good, even negative reaction. These fools have said time and time again that fans getting mad is better than them being apathetic. I wonder what would happen if we were just silent for three months, like their crazy taping schedule.
IA. And I dont think they quite realize that some people (including me) who are getting mad aren't bothering to watch, just reading spoilers and recaps, hoping that it will get better.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Daysofold

Spencer Hastings
Sep 11 2012, 12:14 AM
That's why they lost 200,000 viewers last week? Precisely....and it will only get worse.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cupcake06

Xmas....disgusting!
Offline Profile Goto Top

elizhope
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Sep 10 2012, 06:19 PM
elizhope
Sep 10 2012, 06:05 PM
Supergirlx2
Sep 10 2012, 05:27 PM
KJAlfonso: Rw&co oh my gosh fabulous top ; ) shooting scenes with dee ; ) http://pic.twitter.com/U7Zkmq6I
https://twitter.com/KJAlfonso/status/245285327575588864

Posted Image
Is Hope still wearing her wedding bands? Or is that just a fancy, fun ring?
she's probably still wearing them since i suspect that Bo & Hope don't break up/separate when Bo leaves.
I was hoping they stay together rather than divorce, when he leaves. Although, Bo abandoning his family isnt much better. I wonder if TomSell ever remembered that Hope and John are the ones actually legally married ....
Offline Profile Goto Top

OliveAnn

elizhope
Sep 11 2012, 07:38 AM
Supergirlx2
Sep 10 2012, 06:19 PM
elizhope
Sep 10 2012, 06:05 PM
Supergirlx2
Sep 10 2012, 05:27 PM
KJAlfonso: Rw&co oh my gosh fabulous top ; ) shooting scenes with dee ; ) http://pic.twitter.com/U7Zkmq6I
https://twitter.com/KJAlfonso/status/245285327575588864

Posted Image
Is Hope still wearing her wedding bands? Or is that just a fancy, fun ring?
she's probably still wearing them since i suspect that Bo & Hope don't break up/separate when Bo leaves.
I was hoping they stay together rather than divorce, when he leaves. Although, Bo abandoning his family isnt much better. I wonder if TomSell ever remembered that Hope and John are the ones actually legally married ....
I think they're choosing to ignore that as if it never happened. Just like they're choosing to ignore everything else that happened during MarDar.
Online Profile Goto Top

MericP
Member Avatar

TPTB don't concern themselves with fan reaction.

Remember how excited many of us were when Tomlin was fired and MarDar were brought in? It's because we didn't like what we were seeing under Tomlin.

Now, many months later, TPTB would have had time to determine what was good and what wasn't.

They bring back Tomlin who was horrendous ( I personally think even more so than Mar Dar) and we are going back to the stories that didn't work the first time.

They don't care.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

MericP
Sep 11 2012, 07:54 AM
TPTB don't concern themselves with fan reaction.

Remember how excited many of us were when Tomlin was fired and MarDar were brought in? It's because we didn't like what we were seeing under Tomlin.

Now, many months later, TPTB would have had time to determine what was good and what wasn't.

They bring back Tomlin who was horrendous ( I personally think even more so than Mar Dar) and we are going back to the stories that didn't work the first time.

They don't care.
They really don't care. Look how many times we hear of Daniel and his disgusting behavior toward his patients, what do they do? They have him fuck his pregnant patient. This after the character was rested by the previous regime because they needed to figure out exactly how to get him out of the pickle he has always been in....they throw him right back. We clamor for the returns of Matt and Bryan, they bring them back and give them absolutely NO STORY. We say that the show centered completely around Sami and her man clan doesn't work and what do they do? They have Sami having these 'feelings' for all three men AT THE SAME TIME. We ask for Rafe not to be shoved down our throats and what do they do? Just that....

They truly could care less about the audience...
Online Profile Goto Top

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

Oy, taping Christmas already? I know they are saving a lot of money this way but damn, dial it back!
Offline Profile Goto Top

jderoche5
Member Avatar

From Deidre's Facebook Page:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=223513311108734&set=o.200775673286852&type=1&theater
Posted Image
Edited by jderoche5, Sep 11 2012, 08:40 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

johnwalterseip
Member Avatar

Love that they use Common grounds a lot
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic