Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Mon Ratings: 'Voice' down nearly 40%
Topic Started: Sep 11 2012, 11:24 AM (323 Views)
Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Adults 18-49
The Voice 4.1/11 (Down 39% from a 6.7/17)
MasterChef 2.6/6
Hell's Kitchen 2.5/7
The New Normal 2.5/6
Go On (R) 1.8/5
US Open Overrun 1.7/5
How I Met Your Mother (R) 1.5/4
2 Broke Girls (R) 1.4/4
CBS Fall Preview 1.3/3
Bachelor Pad 1.3/3
Mike & Molly (R) 1.0/3
Castle (R) 0.8/2
The LA Complex 0.3/1
America's Next Top Model (R) 0.2/1
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

LOL - totally deserved, the show is overexposed and NBC intent on running two seasons back to back is going to put to ruining it.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

The Voice and DWTS need to just be shown ONCE a season.

Manny
Member Avatar

I actually think Survivor would benefit from being shown once a year as well.

These TV networks won't learn. If you overrun something, people will get tired of it much faster. They did it with Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, with Deal or No Deal etc... they will never learn.

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

Last season was my first with The Voice and really didn't think it was that great. The first rounds are good, but it loses all punch after. If there is someone you liked in the audition rounds, it will be weeks between times you see them with the battle rounds, etc. At least with AI, once you get to Hollywood you know you can see your favorite until they get eliminated. It made it hard to get attached to someone on The Voice with so many weeks between performances.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

You just can't run talent shows back to back like that or you'll never produce anyone of quality, you need time to do properly audition and weed people out. Atleast with FOX, AI and X Factor are two completely different shows with totally different people.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Drew, What the heck is that in your avatar? :laugh:

LPS
Member Avatar

I thought DWTS was shown only once a season?

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

LPS
Sep 11 2012, 08:16 PM
I thought DWTS was shown only once a season?
Nope. Twice. Once in the Fall and then again in the Spring. I got tired of watching a few years ago.

King
Member Avatar

Yeah, I am really over the Voice...and a lot of TV in general. LOL.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Quick- name the last winner of The Voice...

Bet that's why the ratings are down. That, and it sucked, imho, with the bullshit between Adam and Christina.

Plus I think slow people like me are learning that you can watch the parts you want (or the ones that become cultural moments) online or elsewhere and then follow the contestants you like, 'cause the winner...probably won't matter. There's no reason to watch, imho.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Rick
Sep 11 2012, 08:07 PM
Drew, What the heck is that in your avatar? :laugh:
Coronation Street legend Julie Goodyear (Bet Lynch) being fed a banana during a Celebrity Big Brother task by half naked servants .... at a hillarious camera angle.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Well in the Voice's defense, it's last premiere was after the Super Bowl. But I do think it was a big mistake doing airings in both the Fall and the Spring....The show is going to lose steam quicker and the judges are probably going to decide they're too busy to shows twice a year..

The New Normal was delightful. I actually liked the second episode better. And buzz from my friends on Facebook was that everyone really enjoyed it..My mom even watched and loved it.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Primetime Ratings Archive · Next Topic »
Add Reply