Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
General Hospital Hits a 2.5 on Monday in New Timeslot!
Topic Started: Sep 11 2012, 12:51 PM (1,187 Views)
LovingDays

Jumping timeslots hasn't hurt ABC Daytime's General Hospital. In fact, the sudser was up a whopping four-tenths of a point over its Monday household numbers for the most recent ratings cycle. According to TV Media Insights, GH hit an impressive 2.5/8 in households on Monday. Comparatively, GH averaged a 2.0 for the week of August 27-31.

Considering none of the vehicles ABC Daytime or ABC News have developed to replace soaps have done business anywhere near this impressive (As if, Good Afternoon America!), it's clear GH is the Mouse House's best bet as a longterm lead-in for Katie on ABC-owned and operated networks. Good job, Team GH!

From DC
Edited by LovingDays, Sep 11 2012, 12:51 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Good for them! I'm hoping this move does well for the show. It's so good right now.

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

I hope the new viewers who tuned in yesterday didn't drink the Cartini crap berry kool-Aid and saw how embarrassing and nonsenical the whole show was. I hope they DON'T tune in today.

This show is a DISASTER!

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I watch GH on and off. This whole water story is just stupid. It seems like everytime I decide to start tuning in again Jerry Jacks is back in town doing some stupid shit.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Good for GH. I'm really enjoying it right now. :popcorn:
Quote Post Goto Top

Anita

Hopeless_Dreamer
Sep 11 2012, 01:16 PM
Good for GH. I'm really enjoying it right now. :popcorn:
So am I. It's so much better than days.

Lucky
Member Avatar
Rafe proves EJ is a little bitch

GH is AMAZING right now. I've loved all the location shoots they've done for last week and this week's episodes. And having Kirsten Storms back is another big plus.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

I've tried watching twice in the past month and I just can't get into it.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Grandpa Hughes
Sep 12 2012, 03:40 PM
I've tried watching twice in the past month and I just can't get into it.
That's because it's shit, a.k.a classic Carlivati.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

This is probably bad new for DAYS, since GH is competing against it now in some markets around the US.

Nate
Member Avatar
Bitch!

GO GH!!! WOO HOOOOOOOOOOO! It's been great! Especially right now! I mean I started to not to like RC from about April-June, but he redeemed himself! This is great!! Hopefully one of those dippy talk shows fail and OLTL (or AMC) can return!!!

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

Lucky
Sep 12 2012, 12:16 PM
GH is AMAZING right now. I've loved all the location shoots they've done for last week and this week's episodes. And having Kirsten Storms back is another big plus.
I liked your comment for the the 1st part, not for Kirsten Storms, stilll prefer Jen Lilley.

KMan101
Member Avatar

It has been averaging a 2.3 so still positive news ...

KMan101
Member Avatar

http://www.tvmediainsights.com/2012/09/positive-results-for-general-hospital-at-2-p-m-et/

Full article ...

VETERAN ABC DAYTIME SERIAL ON THE PLUS SIDE AT 2 PM ET
In the midst of the new syndicated daytime talk show premieres was the relocation of veteran ABC serialized drama General Hospital to 2 p.m. ET. Based on the 56-metered (overnight) markets, General Hospital is averaging a 2.3 rating/8 share in households this week (through Wednesday). And that, comparably, is up by 15 percent from the lead-in average (2.0/ 6) and 10 percent from One Life to Live in September 2011. Results among key women 25-54 (1.8/11) have increased by a hefty 80 percent from the lead-in (1.0/ 7) and 20 percent from One Life to Live in September 2011. The prognosis: So far so very good for General Hospital at 2 p.m. ET.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply