Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
RANDY JACKSON -- AMERICAN IDOL; Staying put .... as Judge after all.
Topic Started: Sep 11 2012, 12:55 PM (349 Views)
Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

TV Guide reporting that the deal fell through with Enrique Iglesias so IDOL reinstates Randy Jackson as Judge. IMHO, sorta of a good move, although I am not much on Randy anymore as a judge, I think it won't be a jarring with 3 new judges having Randy join them.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Randy-Jackson-American-Idol-1052840.aspx
Edited by Kevin_Buchanan, Sep 11 2012, 12:55 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

When I heard this news I thought that they weren't able to reach a deal with someone else so they had to bring Randy back. With or without Randy, still not going to get me to return to AI again.

King
Member Avatar

I think it's best he stays. He is a staple and they need that right now.

Dakota
Member Avatar
World Cup June 12, 2014- July 13, 2014

They should do a skit on SNL on how many people turn down idol and they didn't want RJ back, but had no choice when so many didn't want to be a judge on idol.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Oh, good. Now Randy knows his place, right?

Here's hoping they put this much energy into finding contestants. Not just people who grew up wanting to be on Idol, but people who actually want to (and can, ideally) sing.

I'm a little surprised they're going with a minority-heavy panel.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply