Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: Control Over Newman Enterprises
Topic Started: Sep 13 2012, 07:43 AM (2,923 Views)
Only1Way
Member Avatar

Quote:

Yes Sharon had a baby at 18, but I don't think she deserves to be labelled as a slut for that. When she fell inlove with Nick she was a good mother who was kind and had morals, and yes she slipped up every now and then but don't we all? Also, the reason I fell inlove with Shick so much is because their marriage was realistic, and their love was believable. They had issues in their marriage like many other couple in America. Sharon was never the same after Cassie died, and I don't think I could blame her for loosing her mind after what she's been through.

Well, if we are talking real life...
Tomorrow is my 34th Anniversary to the same man.
Father to all 4 of my kids, no paternity tests or questions as to whom the father was.
There was no infidelity slip ups.
When we got in a fight I didn't go kiss my father in law or hop in my husbands friends bed.
Can't compare Sharon and Nicks marriage to real life.
That is why it's a soap opera.
Marriage is hard enough without worrying that your spouse is going to run to the first slut or studly around. That, fortunately ,was never an issue.
We went through a lot worse things in our marriage without tossing in the towel and divorcing then remarrying or marrying brothers.
I stuck around after alcoholism, losing my home of 28 years to fire, losing one to foreclosure, heart attacks, quadruples, impotence, diabetes, job losses and NOT get divorced or locked up in an asylum, ANY one can.

Marriage isn't for sissies or the faint of heart, but to compare it to a soap opera...
you can't justify Sharon or Phyllis.

BTW, Sharon was 17 when she had Cassie. More than likely 16 when she got pregnant.
Edited by Only1Way, Sep 15 2012, 10:43 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

Queen B
Sep 15 2012, 08:37 PM
I don't think anyone is denying what Sharon has done in recent years, its pretty obvious she's been turned into a slut amung other things..

Yes Sharon had a baby at 18, but I don't think she deserves to be labelled as a slut for that. When she fell inlove with Nick she was a good mother who was kind and had morals, and yes she slipped up every now and then but don't we all? Also, the reason I fell inlove with Shick so much is because their marriage was realistic, and their love was believable. They had issues in their marriage like many other couple in America. Sharon was never the same after Cassie died, and I don't think I could blame her for loosing her mind after what she's been through.
1. nobody said she was a slut for having a baby @ 16 or 17, just said she wasn't saintly.
Sharon & Doris moved to GC when Sharon was 18 after she had cassie and gave her up.
2. no, we don't ALL slip up in the morals dept, some of us do have morals and live by them.

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

But we're trying to say she was never a saint. Sharon herself has never said she is a saint. No one is saying she's a saint. That is a lame ass attempt haters use to slight Sharon fans, sarcastically calling her a saint in arguments on message boards. Meanwhile Sharon fans never call her a saint... She may be a better person than a certain skank whore bitch red headed slut, but no that doesn't make Sharon a saint.

Queen B
Member Avatar

Lmfao she also never tried to kill anyone or use her own child to trick a man into loving her

restless daze
Member Avatar
Now don't come whoopin' my ass at the grocery store cause I picked on your fav on here!

Oh GAWD.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

Shick
Sep 15 2012, 11:30 PM
But we're trying to say she was never a saint. Sharon herself has never said she is a saint. No one is saying she's a saint. That is a lame ass attempt haters use to slight Sharon fans, sarcastically calling her a saint in arguments on message boards. Meanwhile Sharon fans never call her a saint... She may be a better person than a certain skank whore bitch red headed slut, but no that doesn't make Sharon a saint.
It's not a "lame ass attempt" to do anything, I said, she likes to PRETEND she's a saint, just like Nikki likes to look down her nose at others like she's better than everyone else.
Quote:

She may be a better person than a certain skank whore bitch red headed slut,

:sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

Queen B
Sep 15 2012, 11:33 PM
Lmfao she also never tried to kill anyone or use her own child to trick a man into loving her
here we go again! :huh:

cscarly

notice sharon spose hit rock bottom for what forgiving people then getting slap in face again and again
the one need rock bottom is nick going keep forgiving phyllis while stealing sharon child but then go crying
to adam one spose so evil . gh sonny never ever went to lorenzo for anything . but nik going go adam which
is sick since he stole faith because of adam

Shick
Member Avatar

Sammie Jo
Sep 16 2012, 12:00 AM
she likes to PRETEND she's a saint
:mellow: :drunk:
Edited by Shick, Sep 16 2012, 01:55 AM.

Only1Way
Member Avatar

But she used the death of Cassie as an explanation for her behavior. She uses Faith to try to keep Nick where she wants him.

Both Sharon and Phyllis use their skin traps to get what they want.
Enough said.

Checkers
Member Avatar

Only1Way
Sep 16 2012, 08:10 AM
But she used the death of Cassie as an explanation for her behavior. She uses Faith to try to keep Nick where she wants him.

Enough said.

How does Sharon use Faith to get to Nick? Try the other way around. That was Nick using custody of Faith to keep Sharon in line. I don't recall any scenes of Sharon begging Nick to stay with her because of Faith.

A death of a child deeply affects parents. Some parents NEVER get over losing child. That is realistic.

Quote:

Parental grief is boundless. It touches every aspect of [a] parent's being...When a baby dies, parents grieve for the rest of their lives. Their grief becomes part of them...As time passes, parents come to appreciate that grief is [their] link to the child, [their] grief keeps [them] connected to the child.

Quote:

Sociologists and psychologists describe parental grief as complex and multilayered and agree that the death of a child is an incredibly traumatic event leaving parents with overwhelming emotional needs. They also agree that this grief must be acknowledged and felt in its intensity. These experts repeatedly state that dealing with parental grief involves deep pain and ongoing work as the parents attempt to continue their "journey down the lonely road of grief" (Wisconsin Perspectives Newsletter, February 1997, 1).

Grieving parents say that their grief is a lifelong process, a long and painful process..."a process in which [they] try to take and keep some meaning from the loss and life without the [child]" (Arnold and Gemma 1983, 57). After a child's death, parents embark on a long, sad journey that can be very frightening and extremely lonely- a journey that never really ends. The hope and desire that healing will come eventually is an intense and persistent one for grieving parents.

Quote:

Parental grief is overwhelming; there is nothing that can prepare a parent for its enormity or devastation; parental grief never ends but only changes in intensity and manner of expression; parental grief affects the head, the heart, and the spirit.

For parents, the death of a child means coming to terms with untold emptiness and deep emotional hurt. Immediately after the death, some parents may even find it impossible to express grief at all as many experience a period of shock and numbness.

Parental bereavement often brings with it a sense of despair, a sense that life is not worth living, a sense of disarray and of utter and complete confusion. At times, the parent's pain may seem so severe and his/her energy and desire to live so lacking that there is uncertainty about survival. Some bereaved parents feel that it is not right for them to live when their child has died. Others feel that they have failed at parenting and somehow they should have found a way to keep the child from dying.

Quote:

A wife who loses a husband is called a widow. A husband who loses a wife is called a widower. A child who loses his parents is called an orphan. But...there is no word for a parent who loses a child, that's how awful the loss is!
Edited by Checkers, Sep 16 2012, 02:23 PM.

Queen B
Member Avatar

Checkers
Sep 16 2012, 02:18 PM
Only1Way
Sep 16 2012, 08:10 AM

Enough said.

How does Sharon use Faith to get to Nick? Try the other way around. That was Nick using custody of Faith to keep Sharon in line. I don't recall any scenes of Sharon begging Nick to stay with her because of Faith.

A death of a child deeply affects parents. Some parents NEVER get over losing child. That is realistic.

Quote:

Parental grief is boundless. It touches every aspect of [a] parent's being...When a baby dies, parents grieve for the rest of their lives. Their grief becomes part of them...As time passes, parents come to appreciate that grief is [their] link to the child, [their] grief keeps [them] connected to the child.

Quote:

Sociologists and psychologists describe parental grief as complex and multilayered and agree that the death of a child is an incredibly traumatic event leaving parents with overwhelming emotional needs. They also agree that this grief must be acknowledged and felt in its intensity. These experts repeatedly state that dealing with parental grief involves deep pain and ongoing work as the parents attempt to continue their "journey down the lonely road of grief" (Wisconsin Perspectives Newsletter, February 1997, 1).

Grieving parents say that their grief is a lifelong process, a long and painful process..."a process in which [they] try to take and keep some meaning from the loss and life without the [child]" (Arnold and Gemma 1983, 57). After a child's death, parents embark on a long, sad journey that can be very frightening and extremely lonely- a journey that never really ends. The hope and desire that healing will come eventually is an intense and persistent one for grieving parents.

Quote:

Parental grief is overwhelming; there is nothing that can prepare a parent for its enormity or devastation; parental grief never ends but only changes in intensity and manner of expression; parental grief affects the head, the heart, and the spirit.

For parents, the death of a child means coming to terms with untold emptiness and deep emotional hurt. Immediately after the death, some parents may even find it impossible to express grief at all as many experience a period of shock and numbness.

Parental bereavement often brings with it a sense of despair, a sense that life is not worth living, a sense of disarray and of utter and complete confusion. At times, the parent's pain may seem so severe and his/her energy and desire to live so lacking that there is uncertainty about survival. Some bereaved parents feel that it is not right for them to live when their child has died. Others feel that they have failed at parenting and somehow they should have found a way to keep the child from dying.

Quote:

A wife who loses a husband is called a widow. A husband who loses a wife is called a widower. A child who loses his parents is called an orphan. But...there is no word for a parent who loses a child, that's how awful the loss is!
:hail:

Only1Way
Member Avatar

Losing a child isn't something new. It's horrible, I can only imagine. If they have other children then they have to keep on keeping on. The rest of the family should fall apart because one is gone? You mourn along with the rest of the family and continue on. You never replace that child but I don't think the child that passed on is up there telling Mom to give up and ignore the other children because of it. Parents die and the family cries and cries for days but if you could hear their voice talking to you they would tell you,
'I miss you too but you have to pull it together for the rest of the family.
They need you strong for them too. Stop crying now and know that I am better now. No pain, no fears.
I love you and watching for you always.'

Not turn into a thieving, whoring mess.

Checkers
Member Avatar

Only1Way
Sep 17 2012, 01:18 PM
Losing a child isn't something new. It's horrible, I can only imagine. If they have other children then they have to keep on keeping on. The rest of the family should fall apart because one is gone? You mourn along with the rest of the family and continue on. You never replace that child but I don't think the child that passed on is up there telling Mom to give up and ignore the other children because of it. Parents die and the family cries and cries for days but if you could hear their voice talking to you they would tell you,
'I miss you too but you have to pull it together for the rest of the family.
They need you strong for them too. Stop crying now and know that I am better now. No pain, no fears.
I love you and watching for you always.'

Every parent reacts differently from losing a child. There is no one way to handle that kind of grief. That kind of grief can eat away at you no matter how hard you want to move on from it. It's not something that will go away within in a years time. The death a child will forever stay with that parent. Some parents recover and some parents don't. When you don't deal with that kind of grief properly it can manifest into something else.

The writers have never fully explained Sharon's stealing or sleeping around. They've thrown out different reasons but have never delved into them. The Cassie explanation is more fandom talk than actually what the show has gone with.

Which has been a HUGE problem in all the storylines that MAB has done. No explanation for the characters and their actions.
Edited by Checkers, Sep 17 2012, 02:31 PM.

HotPepper
Member Avatar

We lost a child many years ago. It almost tore our life and marriage apart. Mainly because my husband was like Nick and wouldn't talk about it. No, he did not run to another woman but it was like our son had never existed. I suffered thru that for many years because no one knows what real pain is until they lose a child. Your grief never ends but you have to learn to live the way your child would want you to live. You can always and will always mourn the loss of a child because I still after 22 years think of my son daily. I was able to move on but could have let it destroy me and my marriage so I looked at the situation and said this has to stop. We have to start going out again, doing things we used to do. That is what we finally did after our sons death but it took a few months to do that. My husband still will not talk about our son but does mention something about him every now and then. Just small remarks but if I say much about it he just clams up and doesn't want to talk about it anymore. i guess this is his way of mourning our child. Holding a lot inside but at least he does live life the way I thought we would live it and that was growing old happily together until we died. I have to respect his way of mourning because he excepted my way of mourning.
I think you control how you handle losing a child. You can let it ruin the rest of your life or face life without your child and move on and live the type of life your chilld would have wanted you to live. I wouldn't want my children to mourn for me forever and I doubt that my children would want me to mourn for them forever.

Shick
Member Avatar

Only1Way
Sep 17 2012, 01:18 PM
I seriously hope Nick is included in this, because it goes both ways. He is the one who fucked around on his grieving wife with a more than willing slut.

Only1Way
Member Avatar

Nick grieves but he doesn't use Cassie's death as an excuse to be what he is, a useless gland of testosterone. He's a doormat. He's a whore too but when he messes up he doesn't go on and on about Cassie, implying the she is the reason that he's a mess.
He could have been a drunk, or ran away totally. No, he stuck around. Didn't start breaking the law and saying others set him up for the fall. He's been there for his kids when she had to go 'find herself' over and over. There are a lot of Dads that are assholes but still there for the kids. A solid parent.
I don't deny Nick is a dick. He didn't hold back when he laced into Summer and used the accident with Cassie as an example of what can happen when you drink.

Shick
Member Avatar

Only1Way
Sep 17 2012, 07:04 PM
Nick grieves but he doesn't use Cassie's death as an excuse to be what he is, a useless gland of testosterone. He's a doormat. He's a whore too but when he messes up he doesn't go on and on about Cassie, implying the she is the reason that he's a mess.
He could have been a drunk, or ran away totally. No, he stuck around. Didn't start breaking the law and saying others set him up for the fall. He's been there for his kids when she had to go 'find herself' over and over. There are a lot of Dads that are assholes but still there for the kids. A solid parent.
I don't deny Nick is a dick. He didn't hold back when he laced into Summer and used the accident with Cassie as an example of what can happen when you drink.
Actually if you re-watch the clips from 2006 when the affair came out he DID blame Cassie's death for his behaviour and affair during an argument with Sharon. And he was not always there for his kids. Like when he left Noah in 2005 to find Daniel in Cali. And then when he came back to GC he was absent in mind, only focusing on justice for Cassie's death.

Only1Way
Member Avatar

But you see what I'm saying, no?
I didn't find old episodes, I'm talking about now, upteen years after her death. Right away after she died, yes, the wounds are still fresh.
Like I said, he's a whore too. But she wasn't celibate either.

Just sayin.........

Queen B
Member Avatar

I don't think anyone finds Sharon's actions excusable because her daughter died if thats what you think. We are just finding THIS Sharon unreckognizable and a practical explanation could potentially be Cassie's death and also her daughter Faith being stolen from birth. Perhaps shes been taking some weird medication or something, who knows! I just think there are ways of explaining her behaviour instead of writing her as a whole different person with a new personality, because no one knows this version of her and frankly I'm not a fan.. even though SC is doing great at pulling it off, it still stinks.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply