Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: Control Over Newman Enterprises
Topic Started: Sep 13 2012, 07:43 AM (2,967 Views)
Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

Only1Way
Sep 17 2012, 07:30 PM
But you see what I'm saying, no?
I didn't find old episodes, I'm talking about now, upteen years after her death. Right away after she died, yes, the wounds are still fresh.
Like I said, he's a whore too. But she wasn't celibate either.

Just sayin.........
Well I'd agree except for the fact that I don't buy that Cassie's death is the SOLE reason for Sharon being who she is today. There are MANY things that have happened (including Nick abandoning her after Cassie's death) to cause her to act out like she has over the past 4 years in particular.

All I'm saying is that Nick has used Cassie as an excuse for his behaviour, he is not blameless. And I do hold him partly responsible for the way Sharon is.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Checkers
Member Avatar

Only1Way
Sep 17 2012, 07:04 PM
Nick grieves but he doesn't use Cassie's death as an excuse to be what he is, a useless gland of testosterone. He's a doormat. He's a whore too but when he messes up he doesn't go on and on about Cassie, implying the she is the reason that he's a mess.
When has Sharon said recently that Cassie's death is the cause of her actions? Because I don't recall any of those scenes. The writers haven't presented ANY REASONS for Sharon's actions. That is the problem.

Nick has said on more than once occasion if Cassie was alive things would be differently. Nick's behavior is not something that shows he's functioning well either. The only difference is nobody is calling Nick out on his bed hopping and waffling. His behavior has been accepted, so he does what he wants. Without being held responsible.

Edited by Checkers, Sep 17 2012, 08:10 PM.

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

Queen B
Sep 17 2012, 07:35 PM
I don't think anyone finds Sharon's actions excusable because her daughter died if thats what you think. "Some"are just finding THIS Sharon unrecognizable and a practical explanation could potentially be Cassie's death and also her daughter Faith being stolen from birth. Perhaps shes been taking some weird medication or something, who knows! I just think there are ways of explaining her behavior instead of writing her as a whole different person with a new personality, because no one knows this version of her and frankly I'm not a fan.. even though SC is doing great at pulling it off, it still stinks.
On the above Highlighted Bee, HOW RIGHT U ARE however that's the nature of certain thinking from many when it comes to defending this particular character.. Several avenues can be aligned with Sharon badly tainted actions her insecurity's and sanity could stem from the Rapes she endured without counsel, almost gang rape, absentee father and death lost of two children all which have been shown on screen so I think fans of this character would appreciate sucha story being told.
Edited by lightandday, Sep 17 2012, 08:32 PM.

Checkers
Member Avatar

lightandday
Sep 17 2012, 08:31 PM
Queen B
Sep 17 2012, 07:35 PM
I don't think anyone finds Sharon's actions excusable because her daughter died if thats what you think. "Some"are just finding THIS Sharon unrecognizable and a practical explanation could potentially be Cassie's death and also her daughter Faith being stolen from birth. Perhaps shes been taking some weird medication or something, who knows! I just think there are ways of explaining her behavior instead of writing her as a whole different person with a new personality, because no one knows this version of her and frankly I'm not a fan.. even though SC is doing great at pulling it off, it still stinks.
On the above Highlighted Bee, HOW RIGHT U ARE however that's the nature of certain thinking from many when it comes to defending this particular character.. Several avenues can be aligned with Sharon badly tainted actions her insecurity's and sanity could stem from the Rapes she endured without counsel, almost gang rape, absentee father and death lost of two children all which have been shown on screen so I think fans of this character would appreciate sucha story being told.
After all the crap Sharon has been through and never actually dealing with it. The story is there for the writers to explain what is going on with her character. So far they have chosen to ignore it for years.

Rape, domestic abuse, being abandoned by a parent, and dealing with the death of more than one child.

Here Sharon is a character that has been through legit trauma onscreen. The writers ignore it. While they come up with ridiculous back stories to make excuses for other characters.
Edited by Checkers, Sep 17 2012, 08:41 PM.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

HotPepper
Sep 17 2012, 06:46 PM
We lost a child many years ago. It almost tore our life and marriage apart. Mainly because my husband was like Nick and wouldn't talk about it. No, he did not run to another woman but it was like our son had never existed. I suffered thru that for many years because no one knows what real pain is until they lose a child. Your grief never ends but you have to learn to live the way your child would want you to live. You can always and will always mourn the loss of a child because I still after 22 years think of my son daily. I was able to move on but could have let it destroy me and my marriage so I looked at the situation and said this has to stop. We have to start going out again, doing things we used to do. That is what we finally did after our sons death but it took a few months to do that. My husband still will not talk about our son but does mention something about him every now and then. Just small remarks but if I say much about it he just clams up and doesn't want to talk about it anymore. i guess this is his way of mourning our child. Holding a lot inside but at least he does live life the way I thought we would live it and that was growing old happily together until we died. I have to respect his way of mourning because he excepted my way of mourning.
I think you control how you handle losing a child. You can let it ruin the rest of your life or face life without your child and move on and live the type of life your chilld would have wanted you to live. I wouldn't want my children to mourn for me forever and I doubt that my children would want me to mourn for them forever.
let me just say as a mother, I cannot even imagine your loss, my sincere condolences.
As to how your husband grieves, thank you for sharing that, because I am the same way about death, I just never speak about the person again, if I do, it's just a mention, or I act like they are just "away" and not dead. It's the only way I can deal with it, ITA understand your husband's reaction, it's not that he doesn't care, he just can't accept it and if you don't talk about it, the person isn't really dead.
I'm just glad to know I'm not the only one who reacts like that.

As for sharon, seems like there's always an excuse for her bad behavior, oh, her father abandoned her, oh her child died, oh whatever, she has an excuse.
People have tragedies and crappy childhoods more often than not, they don't start screwing the stableboy or stealing, they deal with it and move on.
Nick, has no excuse either. I always did feel that Nick blamed himself and sharon, I felt, blamed him too for Cassie's death, after all, if he hadn't said she could go out, it wouldn't have happened. That still doesn't give him an excuse to turn to another woman.
Nick didn't just go out and jump in the sack with phyliss, they developed a friendship first, sharon, otoh, jumped in the haystack with Diego without so much as a how de do.
We could go on forever listing who did more wrong but it would just turn into another bashfest like the sharon & phyliss who did more bad things list.
The "experts" say that after the death of a child, most marriages do end.
Both sharon and nick were wrong in how they handled Cassie's death.

Shick
Member Avatar

There was no real friendship formed with Phyllis and Nick BEFORE their affair unless you mean the two occasions that they shared a genuine scene together (Michael's bachelor party and Likey's wedding reception). He joked around with her for a couple of scenes and then they screwed like the whores they are.

Shick
Member Avatar

Sammie Jo
Sep 17 2012, 11:23 PM
People have tragedies and crappy childhoods more often than not, they don't start screwing the stableboy or stealing, they deal with it and move on.
Some do react like that and in some cases even worse than that. Not everyone in the world just deal with tragedy after tragedy and move on.

Checkers
Member Avatar

Uh there were two actors who played Diego. Before GV was brought on as a recast the writers had Diego around whenever Sharon or Cassie needed to talk that went on for months.

Checkers
Member Avatar

Victor had a crappy childhood and that has been used to excuse him. Victor has done all kinds of crap to multiple people and the writers have gone out of their way to make sure the audience knows Albert Miller, and how he affected his son. Victor's childhood shaped his life and how he has treated his loved ones.

Every long term character is affected by their past, but somehow Sharon is the exception. Sharon does crazy stuff and it's because she's slutty, she is not allowed logical reasoning for her behavior.

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

Sammie Jo

As for sharon, seems like there's always an excuse for her bad behavior, oh, her father abandoned her, oh her child died, oh whatever, she has an excuse.
I think this the language that touch upon a nerve w/some an "excuse" may not be how folk going about expressing they point of view here however it's just using reason`` reasoning w/character actions why they deplorable or trying to understanding the (REELS) Novelistic parts driving their story

Always a reason how (Real) death is manage yea, trial and tribulation ain't nobody's friend however I do think it can broaden or lessen personal triumph some gain strengths and some go to the depths of hell creating all sorts of horrible circumstances and begin to flounder through life in destructive patterns then there are those in (REAL Life) like Hotpepper who used inner strength from a personal place just as something similar has also been shown on (REEL) take with the Traci Abbott losing Colleen she showed strong w/her loss.

But So far in this thread on This board I see bloggers differentiating the reasons for character self destruction actions not excusing her maddening behavior for these actions. This Sharon fan can't excuse her sleeping with her ex- brother laws/her kid hijacker and then taking up the ex-Father law, satisfyingly slopping lip :x nor do I excuse the men slickly dicks either what's wrong w/them? Why they asses not in Fairview? What's wrong with Victor wanting his grandchildren Momma? UmmHum Both these characters need the writers hand to heal'em in the name of Jesus.

If done properly the takeover control NE battle can be a great start for SN & VN as rivals cause frankly to me it's THE only believable plot for them going forward.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

Shick
Sep 17 2012, 11:35 PM
There was no real friendship formed with Phyllis and Nick BEFORE their affair unless you mean the two occasions that they shared a genuine scene together (Michael's bachelor party and Likey's wedding reception). He joked around with her for a couple of scenes and then they screwed like the whores they are.
uh no, they bantered a lot, played their stupid video games, realized there was an attraction, backed off, and then went at it.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

lightandday
Sep 18 2012, 12:45 AM
Sammie Jo

I think this the language that touch upon a nerve w/some an "excuse" may not be how folk going about expressing they point of view here however it's just using reason`` reasoning w/character actions why they deplorable or trying to understanding the (REELS) Novelistic parts driving their story

Always a reason how (Real) death is manage yea, trial and tribulation ain't nobody's friend however I do think it can broaden or lessen personal triumph some gain strengths and some go to the depths of hell creating all sorts of horrible circumstances and begin to flounder through life in destructive patterns then there are those in (REAL Life) like Hotpepper who used inner strength from a personal place just as something similar has also been shown on (REEL) take with the Traci Abbott losing Colleen she showed strong w/her loss.

But So far in this thread on This board I see bloggers differentiating the reasons for character self destruction actions not excusing her maddening behavior for these actions. This Sharon fan can't excuse her sleeping with her ex- brother laws/her kid hijacker and then taking up the ex-Father law, satisfyingly slopping lip :x nor do I excuse the men slickly dicks either what's wrong w/them? Why they asses not in Fairview? What's wrong with Victor wanting his grandchildren Momma? UmmHum Both these characters need the writers hand to heal'em in the name of Jesus.

If done properly the takeover control NE battle can be a great start for SN & VN as rivals cause frankly to me it's THE only believable plot for them going forward.
somebody better heal something, and soon!
The guys in Fairview? I'm surprised they're not all in the gonorrhea ward. ;)

Checkers
Member Avatar

lightandday
Sep 18 2012, 12:45 AM

I agree, Sharon & Victor don't ever need to be close again. The writers wrecked their father/daughter relationship.

After all this ends they need to forever imply a weird awkwardness between them. The show crossed a line and it can never go back.

My thing is I don't see why Sharon should just get over all that has happened to her because Y&R is a soap opera built upon long running storylines, that shaped the show. Most of MAB's run she has had Sharon be a hot steaming mess. That needs to be explained. Even stuff in the past that was never fully explained by other writers. After all that has happened to her...it's like writers take your pick & run with it.

Edited by Checkers, Sep 18 2012, 01:01 AM.

Shick
Member Avatar

Sammie Jo
Sep 18 2012, 12:49 AM
Shick
Sep 17 2012, 11:35 PM
uh no, they bantered a lot, played their stupid video games, realized there was an attraction, backed off, and then went at it.
I watched back then, the first time they played video games was the first time they screwed each other. There were LITERALLY two-three major scenes shared (two of which I mentioned before) which centered around preparations for Likey's wedding and then sex. It wasn't like Brad and Sharon were at least there were months of build up (true friendship formed there). That's just the way I see it.
Edited by Shick, Sep 18 2012, 01:32 AM.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

Quote:

I agree, Sharon & Victor don't ever need to be close again. The writers wrecked their father/daughter relationship.

That's why I don't think Nick & Sharon will ever be a couple again, that would realllly be awkward.

Only1Way
Member Avatar

After the fireworks, fighting, name calling, blame pointing the new writer will have Sharon and Victor all nice and chummy again.
If SC squawks about it then she best do it quietly.
Nothing stopping her from letting SC go down the road.
I wouldn't want to cross her. The way she's thinning out the herd.
Everyone on that show has excuses for their behavior. Just some peoples excuses are better than others.
Victor became a millionaire in his career from the way he was treated as a child.
Sharon's career is making excuses.

Queen B
Member Avatar

I can't picture JFP getting rid of Sharon, she probably wouldn't be aloud anyways.. Sony wouldn't have that. Just like MS and JM could never be fired, those three actors are almost as popular as MTS and EB

Checkers
Member Avatar

Sammie Jo
Sep 19 2012, 12:47 AM
Quote:

That's why I don't think Nick & Sharon will ever be a couple again, that would realllly be awkward.
I don't see that at all. Since the writers never even played upon Nick's reaction to it at all which JM himself pointed out. Hard for that to be a point of no return when the writers didn't even acknowledge it.

Edited by Checkers, Sep 19 2012, 11:55 AM.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

Checkers
Sep 19 2012, 11:51 AM
Sammie Jo
Quote:

I don't see that at all. Since the writers never even played upon Nick's reaction to it at all which JM himself pointed out. Hard for that to be a point of no return when the writers didn't even acknowledge it.

I don't know, I seem to remember some reaction from nick, along the lines of disgust, and I could swear he said something about being through with her.
The writers (MAB) may have not played on his reaction but that's not to say the new ones won't.
Nick had a pretty big reaction when he caught sharon kissing victor years back.
I wish I could remember exactly so I could find a video of when he found out.
Edited by Sammie Jo, Sep 19 2012, 12:59 PM.

Checkers
Member Avatar

Sammie Jo
Sep 19 2012, 12:56 PM
Checkers
Sep 19 2012, 11:51 AM
Sammie Jo
Quote:

I don't know, I seem to remember some reaction from nick, along the lines of disgust, and I could swear he said something about being through with her.
The writers (MAB) may have not played on his reaction but that's not to say the new ones won't.
Nick had a pretty big reaction when he caught sharon kissing victor years back.
I wish I could remember exactly so I could find a video of when he found out.
That's the whole point Nick had a huge reaction when Shictor kissed years back. He was pissed at Victor for over a year after that kiss. Nick's anger at Victor built up as time went on. Leading to Nick working with Jack to turn Victor into the feds. Shick got past that though.

They barely had Nick acknowledge the the latest mess with Shictor. All the reactions to Shictor were negative towards Sharon. The writers spent more time on petty fights Sharon had with Abby, Victoria, and Nikki than anything else.

Who knows what the new writers will play on. MAB missed many beats in different in s/ls. Things that should have been touched upon weren't.
Edited by Checkers, Sep 19 2012, 01:32 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply