Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Daytime Confidential interview with Freddie Smith
Topic Started: Sep 13 2012, 11:17 AM (1,238 Views)
WillFan
Member Avatar

EXCLUSIVE: Days of Our Lives' Freddie Smith Dishes Bullying, Scandal Crest and Sonny "Showing Some Skin" in Salem
By Jamey Giddens on September 13, 2012

Days of Our Lives hunk Freddie Smith has been making a lot of headlines lately. His character Sonny Kiriakis recently endured a gay bashing and now is posed for a star-crossed romance with Will Horton played by Chandler Massey. As if all of that isn't enough to keep Smith busy, he spends his free time speaking out about bullying and has joined the cast of ACME's upcoming improv soap Scandal Crest.

I caught up with Smith to talk Scandal Crest (He'll be playing Romeo Jones, secret lover to Ophelia Sterling played by Molly Burnett!), exercising an actor's muscles and to find out when we're going to see Sonny get some in Salem!

Daytime Confidential: You're a busy man, Mr. Smith! Your character Sonny Kiriakis is beginning a love story with Will Horton (Chandler Massey) on NBC's Days of Our Lives; you're speaking out against bullying and now you're doing ACME's new improvised soap opera Scandal Crest. You must have one of those amazing smartphones like the one Samuel L. Jackson hawks in those commercials, that cooks your meals, schedules your appointments, etc.?

Freddie Smith: Yeah, I have been very busy lately which is always good for me. Luckily, my schedule allows me to do all of these amazing things at once.

DC: What exactly is an improvised soap? I'm kinda having a hard time picturing baby switches, demon possessions and DNA test result swaps without benefit of a 70-page script!

This is the first time I have ever heard of an improv soap as well. That is one of the reasons I hopped on board so quickly. I feel there are no limitations having a improv soap, so I'm excited to be working on the project with such an amazing cast. Seeing as there is no script, who knows how crazy the storylines will become? They could be even more exciting than baby switching!

DC: You've become sort of an ACME regular by this point. They must treat you pretty well since you keep going back?

FS: I was just so happy to be asked back. Before I even heard the details I was like yes! I had so much fun the first time around, and I'm looking forward to Scandal Crest.

DC: As an actor, does performing improv help you exercise certain muscles?

FS: Improv is a great way to exercise your listening abilities. I feel listening and reacting is my style of acting anyway, so improv is right up my alley.

DC: Speaking of muscles, how soon until we see Sonny and Will "flexing" on DAYS?

FS: Sonny will be showing some skin very soon!

DC: Will there be any gay characters on Scandal Crest improvised or otherwise?

FS: There very well may be some gay characters on Scandal, yet again being improv we'll have to develop our characters along the way.

DC: You did amazing work during the plot twist where Sonny was gay bashed by T. I particularly enjoyed Sonny coming back the next day and knocking T on his butt. Was it important for you to not show Sonny as some passive victim?

FS: There are many ways to handle these kinds of situations. I personally, wouldn't go after someone like that, I try my best to take the high road, but at the same time, our emotions run wild and we don't always think. We just react.

DC: What would you like to say to your DAYS fans to get them to follow you over to Scandal Crest?

FS: It's going to be a crazy ride filming Scandal Crest. Many of your favorite actors, alongside me, will be on the show as well. It could be fun to see these actors you watch everyday portray different characters and how these new characters interact with one another.

Scandal Crest premieres at 9 pm PST/12 am EST on Sept 21.

http://daytimeconfidential.zap2it.com/2012/09/13/exclusive-days-of-our-lives-freddie-smith-dishes-bullying-scandal-crest-and-sonny-showing
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JoeBucs32

Love him!

johnwalterseip
Member Avatar

Great Interview

michr544125

TFP

Freddie seems like such a cutie!

If only the showing some skin soon meant WilSon doing the horizontal but I know that's too much to ask for at this point, if ever :laugh: .
Edited by michr544125, Sep 13 2012, 01:11 PM.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Love Freddie Smith. Thanks for sharing.

La_Laa

He's so awesome. He's the only reason I watch DAYS.

Mirage75
Member Avatar

Adore Freddie Smith. :)

The improv soap project sounds interesting.

I'm all for some shirtless Sonny!

LonePirate
Member Avatar

Even if I did not know of any of performers, I'd still check out Scandal Crest based on those AWESOME character names. If the show is as funny as those names, then it will be great. TFP.

Aldo
Member Avatar

Quote:

Days of Our Lives hunk Freddie Smith has been making a lot of headlines lately. His character Sonny Kiriakis recently endured a gay bashing and now is posed for a star-crossed romance with Will Horton played by Chandler Massey. As if all of that isn't enough to keep Smith busy, he spends his free time speaking out about bullying and has joined the cast of ACME's upcoming improv soap Scandal Crest.

Now, this concerns me... Sigh.
Edited by Aldo, Sep 13 2012, 05:38 PM.

johnwalterseip
Member Avatar

Aldo
Sep 13 2012, 05:38 PM
Quote:

Now, this concerns me... Sigh.
typical soap stuff. They come from two core families, well four actually.

monie1973

Freddie love him, can't wait to see what else he brings to the table for Sonny K.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply