Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: Genie Francis OUT
Topic Started: Sep 13 2012, 02:39 PM (3,420 Views)
KMan101
Member Avatar

LOL!

I. Am. Shocked.

NOT!

Who DIDN'T see this coming? However, we can all say it's JFP/Genie but it's plain as day Genevieve just isn't working and the cast is very bloated. She's just not needed. But It IS still hilarious that Genie is one of the first out.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LPS
Member Avatar

At 7:00 you get some fine acting.

Go to 7:45. Holy shit! I had nightmares for weeks. Someone needed to tell Genie to tone that shit down.

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

Miss Rhi
Sep 13 2012, 04:49 PM
I just started watching Y&R again recently so I wasn't around for all of that stuff. She hasn't been bad since I've started watching again but that's only been for a few weeks.
Be very VERY glad you missed it Rhi, her first airings was incestuously weird she would be rubbing her son Ethan like she wanted to screw'em then they had her on this pruning Tulips kick and smelling over them as if the Tulips were like some orgasmic Spanish fly or salivate over her daughter Samantha's cremated ashes :unsure: grinding her teeth talking about ways to destroy Colin I mean some strange shit man introducing this character.....Oh then they tried to tone her down w/Ole Smilin Jack giving her a Nikki Newman esque vibe by dressing her in MTS wardrobe.. HA! Welp that didn't work either.
Edited by lightandday, Sep 13 2012, 05:45 PM.

Nate
Member Avatar

Hopefully this means Laura is returning to GH!

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

Genevieve was another example of a piss poor MAB addition. I like Genie Francis and believe she was given crap to work with. I mean, the character of Genevieve has not once served a purpose. Harmony is another who can go..

bygnedys

I guess I am the only one that likes Tucker and hate how they wrote his character.

I am sure he is going too, so they can bring on a bunch of boring teens to hog airtime.

I knew when JFP said she had a nice talk with Genie that she meant she nicely told her "you are on the way out"

I know for sure I probably won't be watching in near future. I hope their home soaps remember the quality of the two actors and invite them back and write decently for them.

Queen B
Member Avatar

Characters like Genevieve and Harmony add "insight" according to MAB lol

In all seriousness, I never liked the character up until recently in this s/l with Victor. The story sucks ofcourse but I like her acting lately. With that said, I'm still happy to see her go

titan1978
Member Avatar

I hope she comes home to GH with all the heart she always had as Laura and I don't want her to be a victim anymore either. She used to be both strong and capable and was the heart of GH. I miss that Laura. Come on Valentini!

BradyB

I hope that GH picks her up quickly and brings Laura home. If not maybe Days could pick her up and have her play Laura Horton or even have Diana return to Salem.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

I was starting to like Genevieve in her actions with Billy, Victor and Tucker.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

titan1978
Sep 13 2012, 06:50 PM
I hope she comes home to GH with all the heart she always had as Laura and I don't want her to be a victim anymore either. She used to be both strong and capable and was the heart of GH. I miss that Laura. Come on Valentini!
Her last stint on GH was the last time I watched.

Queen B
Member Avatar

Grandpa Hughes
Sep 13 2012, 06:56 PM
I was starting to like Genevieve in her actions with Billy, Victor and Tucker.
Me too! Her scenes with Billy and Victor have me more interested lately then anything Sharon related and that's saying a lot because I usually only watch the show to see Sharon. But since her story has sucked lately I've been becoming more interested in Victor's story and GenV playing the 'nurse' with Victor. I really like it

talbab1994
Member Avatar

This is not surprising to me at all. The only good thing I can say is that Gen is very different than Laura and I'm sure it was good for GF to play someone who wasn't Laura or even Laura like.

I'm in the same mind with those saying that they would love to see her back at GH. I would LOVE that. With IB back as Duke, it would be great to see Laura mixed in with this storyline too. I guess she could always go back to Days and play Diana again--LOL.

I'm hoping against hope that this isn't the only one to go. There's a LIST of characters that really need to go from this show. I guess we're at a wait and see mode......should be interesting....

Queen B
Member Avatar

JFP has had the power to fire actors for awhile now though right? So maybe she's been taking time to figure out who needs to go. And hopfully this will be the producer that can pull enough string to allow VR back as Dru!

Evan
Member Avatar

Am I correct that there's bad blood between JFP & GF from previous years? Sure I read that somewhere LOL

There are plenty of useless characters that could be cut, like a lot of the younger ones - Kyle, Eden, Chloe, Kevin, Chelsea come to mind.

LPS
Member Avatar

^Or Adam. He would be my number 2.

Queen B
Member Avatar

MM isn't a bad actor, but the character of Adam just seems to shit on everyone hes in scenes with. They tried for too long to redeem him and I just can't buy it, even after all this time hes still the one who stole Sharon's baby and drove Ashley crazy.

LPS
Member Avatar

I think MM is stiff and he comes across phony. He's the worst male actor on the show.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

LPS
Sep 13 2012, 07:45 PM
I think MM is stiff and he comes across phony. He's the worst male actor on the show.
Why am I hearing banjo nusic whenever you post about MM?

LPS
Member Avatar

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply