Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Daniel's Job Jeopardy; Airs the week of 9/17
Topic Started: Sep 13 2012, 03:01 PM (8,004 Views)
BeeBee
Member Avatar

concerned
Sep 19 2012, 07:30 PM
BeeBee
Sep 19 2012, 07:17 PM
px780
Sep 17 2012, 04:13 PM
Rooting for EJ...because he's really got the moral highground in this situation, imho. And, as someone who is generally ambivalent about the character I feel like it's about time he do something besides impregnate Sami. Seriously, I can't think of anything this guy's done but he's involved in so much.

Therefore: go EJ.
EJ and "moral high ground" are mutually exclusive.He is using his own child as a revenge tool.How much lower can he get?
How??

If anyone is using EJ's children as a method of revenge I think its Rafe.

Why can't he verify the paternity and seek shared custody with Nicole.Maybe if he told Nicole this she would tell him the truth or Daniel and/or Rafe would not continue to go along with the lie.Why did he tell Sami he believed the baby was Rafe's baby when he believes the baby is his baby.Rafe impusively told the lie because he was angry with EJ and wanted to help Nicole.He only told Carrie about it because they were going to "be together".He has been assuring Nicole that he would help her because he is her friend.I don't see how he can throw Nicole under the bus now even though he appears to regret the lie.
Edited by BeeBee, Sep 19 2012, 07:47 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Evan
Member Avatar

Jennifer's been unrecognisable to me for some time, I can no longer connect with this character nor the actress(in the way I used to be able to do).
That's a sad admission for a longtime Matt/Missy fan to make.
Dannifer is just an insult to my intelligence, and to add insult to injury, Nicole is going to be trashed in order for Tomlin to try and depict Jennifer & Dr Fake Tan as the new signature couple of Salem.
Will we even see Jack's ornament on the Horton tree at Christmas? I doubt it.......it'll be all about "Daniel, the golden boy of the Horton family".
:'(

Romancer66

Evan
Sep 19 2012, 07:52 PM
Jennifer's been unrecognisable to me for some time, I can no longer connect with this character nor the actress(in the way I used to be able to do).
That's a sad admission for a longtime Matt/Missy fan to make.
Dannifer is just an insult to my intelligence, and to add insult to injury, Nicole is going to be trashed in order for Tomlin to try and depict Jennifer & Dr Fake Tan as the new signature couple of Salem.
Will we even see Jack's ornament on the Horton tree at Christmas? I doubt it.......it'll be all about "Daniel, the golden boy of the Horton family".
:'(
Let's just hope Jack's ornament doesn't get smashed. GT can be vindictive that way. I hate like poison that he's writing the Christmas episode this year, especially when the show may not have many Christmases left. Bah humbug!

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

I can't ever like Dan. I hope he loses his job and leaves Salem forever or gets killed by one of his past scorned woman.
I think it's time to tweet NBCDAYS daily, telling them no to Dannifer 2.0 and the SC a cancer to #DAYS and needs to be removed.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

BeeBee
Sep 19 2012, 07:41 PM
concerned
BeeBee
px780
Sep 17 2012, 04:13 PM
Rooting for EJ...because he's really got the moral highground in this situation, imho. And, as someone who is generally ambivalent about the character I feel like it's about time he do something besides impregnate Sami. Seriously, I can't think of anything this guy's done but he's involved in so much.

Therefore: go EJ.
EJ and "moral high ground" are mutually exclusive.He is using his own child as a revenge tool.How much lower can he get?
How??

Why can't he verify the paternity and seek shared custody with Nicole.Maybe if he told Nicole this she would tell him the truth or Daniel and/or Rafe would not continue to go along with the lie.Why did he tell Sami he believed the baby was Rafe's baby when he believes the baby is his baby.Rafe impusively told the lie because he was angry with EJ and wanted to help Nicole.He only told Carrie about it because they were going to "be together".He has been assuring Nicole that he would help her because he is her friend.I don't see how he can throw Nicole under the bus now even though he appears to regret the lie.
EJ never threatened to take to the baby from Nicole. In the beginning Nicole chose to lie about the baby's paternity even though she had no logical reason for doing so. Rafe lying to EJ is all about revenge. This isn't the first time he's helped a woman hide a child from EJ. He did the same thing with Grace and had no problem keeping the kids from EJ after Sami shot him in the head. At this point in the game, EJ has a right to be angry. He's got 3 people conspiring to keep his child from him. Had Nicole told him the truth from the get-go there wouldn't be a problem. He even begged her not to keep his child from him. And EJ did try to verify the paternity of the child but Dr. Douche allowed Nicole to change the results. EJ has done everything he can legally to get to the truth. EJ is not using his child for anything, he just wants to be able to be a father to his baby. Something the 3 hypocrites are intent on denying him. I don't see EJ as the bad guy here.
Edited by LanaluvsBroe, Sep 20 2012, 06:39 AM.

Courtneya6688
Member Avatar

I can understand why ej is mad. But i also think nicole acted in emotion before thinking that anything throgh. I can see why she would think he would take her son from her and use him to control her. Afterall he used sydney to make her break up with brady and to make her wear a tracking device

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

NBCDAYS needs to ask itself, does anyone really care for Dr. Dan Jonas or is it just TomSell, with a sick obsession?

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

LanaluvsBroe
Sep 20 2012, 06:38 AM
BeeBee
concerned
BeeBee

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
How??

EJ never threatened to take to the baby from Nicole. In the beginning Nicole chose to lie about the baby's paternity even though she had no logical reason for doing so. Rafe lying to EJ is all about revenge. This isn't the first time he's helped a woman hide a child from EJ. He did the same thing with Grace and had no problem keeping the kids from EJ after Sami shot him in the head. At this point in the game, EJ has a right to be angry. He's got 3 people conspiring to keep his child from him. Had Nicole told him the truth from the get-go there wouldn't be a problem. He even begged her not to keep his child from him. And EJ did try to verify the paternity of the child but Dr. Douche allowed Nicole to change the results. EJ has done everything he can legally to get to the truth. EJ is not using his child for anything, he just wants to be able to be a father to his baby. Something the 3 hypocrites are intent on denying him. I don't see EJ as the bad guy here.
Well, it didnt quite happened that way...at least from my perspective.

Nicole would of wanted to have this baby and raise it with EJ but the then beastsex happened and she planned on keeping the secret until she thought of another plan. She didnt want EJ in her life because she was so hurt and he told her he would never hurt her again (snowstorm scenes.) Nicole and Rafe were at the HTS having lunch and EJ overheard that she was pregnant. He started demanding that she come back to the DiMansion and was threatening her that he would be part of the baby. Rafe heard all this and told him he was the father. Nicole went along with the lie. Then during the paternity test he threatened to take the baby away from her once they find out he's the father. He has done nothing but threaten her. He has even apologized to her that he has been heavy handed. The one time he did ask her to come back and be a family was genuine, but after she insisted that Rafe is still the father, he told her to leave his apartment.

I see really no one as innocent especially EJ and Rafe. EJ created this mess by fucking the beast and breaking all the trust that Nicole put on him and their relationship. Rafe does want revenge but I also see him as protecting the baby from EJ, his enemy. Nicole's keeping the lie because she's hurt and she's doesnt want her kid being taken away and raised by Sami. She's seen how he can take away custody and not have Sami be in the kids lives- he's done it multiple times, with Nicole helping him.

The way you say it as EJ wanting to be a father, is not really what EJ wants at this point. He wants revenge. After Sami dumped him, he's more determined then ever to take the baby away. He was all smiles to Justin when he told him that Nicole would be left with nothing, Rafe and Dan's career would be gone. The story itself is not logical, its redundant.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Liz<3Days
Sep 20 2012, 07:49 AM
LanaluvsBroe
BeeBee
concerned

Nicole would of wanted to have this baby and raise it with EJ but the then beastsex happened and she planned on keeping the secret until she thought of another plan. She didnt want EJ in her life because she was so hurt and he told her he would never hurt her again (snowstorm scenes.) Nicole and Rafe were at the HTS having lunch and EJ overheard that she was pregnant. He started demanding that she come back to the DiMansion and was threatening her that he would be part of the baby. Rafe heard all this and told him he was the father. Nicole went along with the lie. Then during the paternity test he threatened to take the baby away from her once they find out he's the father. He has done nothing but threaten her. He has even apologized to her that he has been heavy handed. The one time he did ask her to come back and be a family was genuine, but after she insisted that Rafe is still the father, he told her to leave his apartment.

I see really no one as innocent especially EJ and Rafe. EJ created this mess by fucking the beast and breaking all the trust that Nicole put on him and their relationship. Rafe does want revenge but I also see him as protecting the baby from EJ, his enemy. Nicole's keeping the lie because she's hurt and she's doesnt want her kid being taken away and raised by Sami. She's seen how he can take away custody and not have Sami be in the kids lives- he's done it multiple times, with Nicole helping him.

The way you say it as EJ wanting to be a father, is not really what EJ wants at this point. He wants revenge. After Sami dumped him, he's more determined then ever to take the baby away. He was all smiles to Justin when he told him that Nicole would be left with nothing, Rafe and Dan's career would be gone. The story itself is not logical, its redundant.
Of course he was all smiles. He has tried to reason with Nicole but she continues to "act in emotion" and keep up the lie. EJ has a right to be in his son's life. He has done nasty things in past but so has Nicole. Speaking solely of the present, he is a good father. Nicole has no room to judge anyone. She lied about losing her baby and then kidnapped Sydney when the truth came out so for her to point fingers at EJ is hypocritical at best. Nicole has a right to be angry at EJ about the beastsex but witholding his child from him is taking it a step too far. What she's doing now is stooping to EJ's level. Ironic how she can whine about EJ taking her baby yet she's doing the exact same thing to him. Pot meet kettle.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Dreamer
Sep 20 2012, 06:57 AM
NBCDAYS needs to ask itself, does anyone really care for Dr. Dan Jonas or is it just TomSell, with a sick obsession?
Rafe and Daniel are both Tomlin's obsessions. :drunk:

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

LanaluvsBroe
Sep 20 2012, 09:42 AM
Liz<3Days
Sep 20 2012, 07:49 AM
LanaluvsBroe
BeeBee

Of course he was all smiles. He has tried to reason with Nicole but she continues to "act in emotion" and keep up the lie. EJ has a right to be in his son's life. He has done nasty things in past but so has Nicole. Speaking solely of the present, he is a good father. Nicole has no room to judge anyone. She lied about losing her baby and then kidnapped Sydney when the truth came out so for her to point fingers at EJ is hypocritical at best. Nicole has a right to be angry at EJ about the beastsex but witholding his child from him is taking it a step too far. What she's doing now is stooping to EJ's level. Ironic how she can whine about EJ taking her baby yet she's doing the exact same thing to him. Pot meet kettle.
I didnt say Nicole was innocent. I said I find no one innocent in this story. I can empathized with Nicole's situation more then the other involved. Now, I also didnt say EJ is a bad father, but there's proof that he isnt. Just look at all the times he's tried to take the kids from Sami, out of spite and not really anything else. My point being, EJ is not innocent. And while you can stay in the present and present a good case for EJ to be this way towards Nicole, you bring up Nicole's past. I think history does matter, so in this case, I really can't fault either one for being suspicious. That's who these two characters are- they would do anything to get what they want. No one's innocent, its just who you relate with more- and I usually tend to take Nicole's side.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply