Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Monday, September 17th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Sep 14 2012, 01:37 PM (7,972 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

camera shy
Sep 15 2012, 12:11 PM
This off topic, but does Sami know that Madison was killed and has she ever offered her condolences to Brady or has she been too busy just thinking about herself?
She definitely knows because she knows Brady hired Kate.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

GatesRhiannon
Member Avatar

The Room Stops
Sep 15 2012, 12:10 PM

I love John & Marlena having a fluff scene and I love them being cutesy, but I don't want that to be all. I want them to have fights and be in danger. I seriously do not understand why the writers don't get this.
John & Marlena have been getting fluff scenes? Oh yeah, how could I forget that 5 second phone conversation 3 weeks ago when we didn't even hear Drake's voice. That was phantom fluff, right? Frankly, a little fluff would feel like Christmas morning at this point. I mean seriously I have a warmer, fuzzier relationship with my garbage man than what the writers are currently penning for John & Marlena. I'm not even sure John and Marlena still realizes that the other exists.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

GatesRhiannon
Sep 15 2012, 12:42 PM
The Room Stops

I love John & Marlena having a fluff scene and I love them being cutesy, but I don't want that to be all. I want them to have fights and be in danger. I seriously do not understand why the writers don't get this.
John & Marlena have been getting fluff scenes? Oh yeah, how could I forget that 5 second phone conversation 3 weeks ago when we didn't even hear Drake's voice. That was phantom fluff, right? Frankly, a little fluff would feel like Christmas morning at this point. I mean seriously I have a warmer, fuzzier relationship with my garbage man than what the writers are currently penning for John & Marlena. I'm not even sure John and Marlena still realizes that the other exists.
I wasn't speaking specifically of lately. There has been nothing lately.

I just meant - have they had anything else since... like 1998? Gina and Hope took over the show, then Bo and Hope and Sami took over the show, then... and so on. Minus some early Sheffer stuff, it's been mainly fluff or being a listening wall, if it wasn't completely out of character (and I don't count that shit).

Quote:

I'm not even sure John and Marlena still realizes that the other exists.

Are we sure Marlena and John actually exist in Salem, still? I mean, Sami could have just been talking to figment of her imagination, considering Marlena just said what Sami's either heard before or wants to hear...

deletemyaccountplease

Ej could learn how to head butt from Dexter
He is the master head butter

GatesRhiannon
Member Avatar

The Room Stops
Sep 15 2012, 02:07 PM
GatesRhiannon
Sep 15 2012, 12:42 PM
The Room Stops

I wasn't speaking specifically of lately. There has been nothing lately.

I just meant - have they had anything else since... like 1998? Gina and Hope took over the show, then Bo and Hope and Sami took over the show, then... and so on. Minus some early Sheffer stuff, it's been mainly fluff or being a listening wall, if it wasn't completely out of character (and I don't count that shit).

Quote:

I'm not even sure John and Marlena still realizes that the other exists.

Are we sure Marlena and John actually exist in Salem, still? I mean, Sami could have just been talking to figment of her imagination, considering Marlena just said what Sami's either heard before or wants to hear...
Well I want more than fluff. But every time the writers have tried write more than fluff for more than a decade it's turned out half-*ssed at best and down right character assassination at worst. Call me gun shy, lol. At this point I'd welcome a little fluff. D&D would be on screen together, and the writers never put much thought in the fluff, so they can't f*ck it up. It's just pure D&D magic.

But honestly, I'm just being contrary. I know exactly what you mean. Audiences don't invest in fluff. They don't tune in for fluff. Fluff is not supposed to be the main course. It's suppose to be pleasant counterpoints scattered throughout a rich and fulfilling meal. Now, enough rambling & mixed metaphors.
Edited by GatesRhiannon, Sep 15 2012, 02:38 PM.

Daysdegrassi
Member Avatar

Why did EJ even try fighting Rafe, when every time he even says something stupid Rafe kicks his ass?! LOLOL I still laugh about how Rafe decked EJ when he walked in on Rafe and Nicole.

Ilovecandy
Member Avatar

camera shy
Sep 15 2012, 12:11 PM
This off topic, but does Sami know that Madison was killed and has she ever offered her condolences to Brady or has she been too busy just thinking about herself?
O lord no, how insensitive of you to even make a comment like that, sh e doesnt have time for that he lost Lucas has anyone offer her support no, and now she have 2 men in her head she isse done after another her little blonde head is confuse you thing she would have time for Brady :sarcasm:

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

GatesRhiannon
Sep 15 2012, 02:24 PM
Well I want more than fluff. But every time the writers have tried write more than fluff for more than a decade it's turned out half-*ssed at best and down right character assassination at worst. Call me gun shy, lol. At this point I'd welcome a little fluff. D&D would be on screen together, and the writers never put much thought in the fluff, so they can't f*ck it up. It's just pure D&D magic.

But honestly, I'm just being contrary. I know exactly what you mean. Audiences don't invest in fluff. They don't tune in for fluff. Fluff is not supposed to be the main course. It's suppose to be pleasant counterpoints scattered throughout a rich and fulfilling meal. Now, enough rambling & mixed metaphors.
And I love fluff, I LOVE it! But it's like... if you back to 1986 for example. John & Marlena had the "research this" scene for example. Fluffy as hell, but it was lead in to by story and it was followed by more story...

J&M fans are spoiled by the fact that D&D are magic when it comes to fluff.

concerned
Member Avatar

Liz<3Days
Sep 15 2012, 09:54 AM
Ok, why would Justin KIRIAKIS be EJs lawyer? I know he's the only other lawyer, but please. He'll be going against Tan, whose part of the K-clan and Vic would have something to say about that.

EJ could of called his lawyers on the phone and Jen could of eavesdrop on the conversation. There...plot moved forward.
EJ should have brought Carrie back from Switzerland to be his lawyer. :-/
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Honeybees
Member Avatar

I really hope that Justin mentions that he had to fight in a similar situation for his son Alexander. That would make it very plausible that he would side with EJ on this.

Mirage75
Member Avatar

I love that Justin is EJ's lawyer lol. I agree that it would go against Dr. Slimeball, but oh well... if it would lead to some Justin/Victor scenes I would love it even more. I really hope they play Justin more in the story.

I would love to see Justin's history with Alexander come into play with this too.

No thanks to Carrie coming back. She can stay gone.

lysie
Member Avatar

Mirage75
Sep 15 2012, 08:44 PM
I love that Justin is EJ's lawyer lol. I agree that it would go against Dr. Slimeball, but oh well... if it would lead to some Justin/Victor scenes I would love it even more. I really hope they play Justin more in the story.

I would love to see Justin's history with Alexander come into play with this too.

No thanks to Carrie coming back. She can stay gone.

EJ was a waste of airtime not so long ago. ;)

Deverauxfan
Member Avatar

At least Wally is working more. Always a good thing, IMO. :)

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Lucky
Sep 14 2012, 02:28 PM
Lol at EJ trying to get rough with Rafe. Sounds like Rafe handles him pretty well.
Even with the sucker punch,EJ does not get the best of Rafe.When you think about it,in a fair fight Rafe probably should win over EJ unless they show EJ as having had some sort of martial arts or other physical combat training.Rafe as an FBI field agent would have gone through rigorous hand to hand physical combat training in addition to weapons training.
Edited by BeeBee, Sep 16 2012, 01:45 PM.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

camera shy
Sep 14 2012, 03:29 PM
gailwinters
Sep 14 2012, 02:10 PM
Vicky4Mimi
Sep 14 2012, 01:58 PM
Love Lucas being there to see Ej get his block knocked off...

Love Super Rafe..

Evill Ej and wanting to destroy everyone who gets in his way. Just go get your wife and baby EJ, take care of them and act right, no more of this foolishness that ALWAYS blows up in your face. He should know that the way he has been acting he deserves for the baby to be hidden from him, he needs to go back to the way he treated Nicole Before the deadbabysex reveal.
I could not disagree more. For the first time in maybe FOREVER, EJ has the high moral ground on this issue. He's not evil....he's 100% right about everything that Nicole, Rafe, and Daniel have done! He's not being foolish, he's using legal means to gain access to his child that these three people have decided he shouldn't even know is his.

Going back to Nicole is not even an option at this point. If he wants to be in his child's life, a child that Nicole plans to name after two other men, he has to do what he's doing.

Well it's a shame he doesn't stick with dealing with Rafe legally and has to to resort to blackmail. And we all know how that will work out for him. He doesn't even deserve his son all he's interesting in is sticking it to Rafe because Rafe will soon be sticking in to Sami. :rolleyes:
He doesn't have to resort to blackmail,he chooses to resort to blackmail.That is who he is.He has blackmailed Sami.Will,Nicole,and likely others I have forgotten.Just add Rafe to the list.

Vicky4Mimi

Daysdegrassi
Sep 15 2012, 02:46 PM
Why did EJ even try fighting Rafe, when every time he even says something stupid Rafe kicks his ass?! LOLOL I still laugh about how Rafe decked EJ when he walked in on Rafe and Nicole.
Oh yes! Good Times, Good Times!!! :cheers:

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Nicole Dimera
Sep 15 2012, 02:16 AM
I enjoyed the fight cause it was funny! EJ head butts Rafe(which is what started the fight) which is the only good hit he got cause after that Rafe was on that ass throwing him around like a rag doll, punching his ass. So funny. So sexy I love me some Rafe especially when he walked off from the fight like it was nothing. He wasn't even hurting but EJ sure as hell felt his ass kicking. LMFAO!
Thanks Nickki D.I was already looking forward to seeing the fight,now I cannot not wait until Monday,definitely must see TV for me.I intend to record the episode so I can re-watch it.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

camera shy
Sep 15 2012, 03:12 AM
This is not must see tv, two good looking men fighting over a woman they wouldn't even look at in the real world. AS's head must be as big as her ass if she thinks it believable that two men who look like Rafe and EJ would want her.
With me,its the what not the why.While EJ likely hit ( head butted?) Rafe for interferring with something he wants,Rafe appears to be merely defending himself after being attacked although he might be grateful for the opporunity to vent his anger with EJ in a physical way.I am definitely watching Monday regardless of the motives of the combatants.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Liz<3Days
Sep 15 2012, 09:54 AM
Ok, why would Justin KIRIAKIS be EJs lawyer? I know he's the only other lawyer, but please. He'll be going against Tan, whose part of the K-clan and Vic would have something to say about that.

EJ could of called his lawyers on the phone and Jen could of eavesdrop on the conversation. There...plot moved forward.
I just wonder why Jennifer,as she is currently being written,would believe that Dan or Rafe for that matter would conspire with Nicole/

NikiLani
Member Avatar

Considering the kind of background these two had, it's hard to see EJ ever winning a fist fight between the two. The only time I can see EJ with a shot is if EJ fought for something worthwhile and Sami is not it. Nicole and his son are what he should be fighting for. They are his last and only shot at getting family he wants with requited love, adoration, faithfulness and loyalty.

It's clear every day that Sami will never feel for him what she felt for other men. She either chased after them with the tenacity of a dog with a bone or she wanted to be with them just as much....Austin, Brandon, Lucas, Rafe. Maybe none of these men are/were her 'meant to be' but they all had it better than EJ. Even Franco had it good and he didn't even love her. It's just sad!
Edited by NikiLani, Sep 16 2012, 02:46 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply