Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ratings for Week of September 3-7, 2012
Topic Started: Sep 14 2012, 05:28 PM (4,010 Views)
ChampagneRiver
Member Avatar

(SoapOperaNetwork.com) - Ratings Report for the Week of September 3-7, 2012

NOTE: Please do not copy and paste the entire ratings. Thank you.

Numbers are based on Live+Same Day ratings

(Compared to Last Week/Compared to Last Year)

Total Viewers
1. Y&R 4,298,000 (-41,000/-333,000)
2. B&B 3,198,000 (+87,000/+207,000)
3. GH 2,561,000 (-100,000/+66,000)
4. DAYS 2,458,000 (-113,000/-101,000)

Households
1. Y&R 3.2/11 (-.2/-.2)
2. B&B 2.5/8 (+.1/+.3)
3. DAYS 1.9/6 (-.1/+.1)
3. GH 1.9/6 (-.1/same)

Women 18-49 Viewers
1. Y&R 812,000 (+8,000/-104,000)
2. GH 608,000 (-18,000/-121,000)
3. B&B 575,000 (-25,000/+23,000)
4. DAYS 479,000 (-52,000/-92,000)

Women 18-49 Rating
1. Y&R 1.3/9 (same/-.1)
2. GH 1.0/6 (same/-.1)
3. B&B 0.9/6 (same/same)
4. DAYS 0.7/5 (-.1/-.2) <----- ties low

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2012/09/ratings-bad-week-for-daysgh
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

damn....

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Wow Days, way to not capitalize on the post-Cliffhanger ratings increase.

Sonny_BrendaFan
Member Avatar
Brenda: "Let the fireworks begin." Sonny: "With you and me, Brenda, it's guaranteed."

Ha ha ha ha that's what the Rafe show gets ya days....
TFP

am103
Member Avatar

Ugh, they were doing so good after the cliffhanger too...

Oh well, I guess that's what bedhopping and no story gets you.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

So deserved DAYS!

lysie
Member Avatar

The dailies aren't that bad, but a 2.0 on a Thursday is kind of random.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Thank god Days got Kristen..They better have a good big and good story for her..

Evan
Member Avatar

When you kill off one of your most loved characters(Jack) and resurrect a couple who are universally hated by most fans(SAFE), then a drop in ratings is about what you deserve. If DAYS don't get a boost out of the return of Eileen Davidson and the arrival of Greg Vaughan, I predict that another writing team will be hired in 6 months time to replace Tomlin & Co.

I bet B&B improves to a 2.6 this week, because of the Brooke/Ridge wedding and Ron Moss's last scenes on air.

gailwinters
Member Avatar

Days actually lost more viewers in their 18-49 demo than the other three soaps combined. Not good.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

Kevc1980
Sep 14 2012, 06:36 PM
Thank god Days got Kristen..They better have a good big and good story for her..
I'm not counting on this....you have terrific actors but not so terrific writing.....I keep thinking this isn't going to turn out well..... :'(

Deleted User
Deleted User

talbab1994
Sep 14 2012, 06:56 PM
Kevc1980
Sep 14 2012, 06:36 PM
I'm not counting on this....you have terrific actors but not so terrific writing.....I keep thinking this isn't going to turn out well..... :'(
I have ZERO faith in this show. If it can't give good decent writing to the characters who are currently on screen then why should I think that the writing for Kristen or Eric will be any better? :shame:
Quote Post Goto Top

AHM

Goody.

This is what happens when the love stories have no soul (Jen/Dan, Sami/Rafe, Chad/Melanie, Abby/Cameron), and boring/generic characters (lots of offenders here, starting with Rafe and Dan) are on four days a week.

Romancer66

I'm not surprised. And I'm human enough to feel some schadenfreude that a show that has made one bone-headed decision after another--rehiring T&W tops the list--and jerked around its core audience into the bargain is reaping its just deserts in lousy ratings. Because practically from the moment T&W's names reappeared in the credits, the show has been on a downward, or maybe I should say, backward course. The new/old writers have gone back to telling the same kind of stories and heavily featuring the same characters/couples who drove viewers away in the first place. Crap doesn't smell any better the second time around.

Whatever technical edge T&W 2 might have over MarDar in terms of plotting and pacing, they pretty much piss away by focusing on characters who are already overexposed/overplayed or who viewers simply don't care about. They've learned nothing since they were fired last year, and their hubris in trying to drag the show back to their "glory days"--which weren't that glorious to begin with--makes that fact painfully evident.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

DAYS of Sami's vagina are boring...and looks like I'm not the only one that feels the same!

Kali
Member Avatar

Evan
Sep 14 2012, 06:47 PM
When you kill off one of your most loved characters(Jack) and resurrect a couple who are universally hated by most fans(SAFE), then a drop in ratings is about what you deserve.
And don't forget the delightful Dannifer. :sarcasm:

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

For the love of gawd, DAYS... :facepalm:

It would appear the speed at which the ratings are crashing closely mirrors the speed at which Tomlin threw his proven biases front and center.

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

I'm not a bit surprised of Days ratngs and as I said before GT will ruin Days for his agenda drivin stories! His bias is not interesting and viewers tune out, and NBC / Sony are fools because they re-hired GT and CW!

Alin89
Member Avatar

i think days is a goner srry but its the truth

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Ej_SamiFF
Sep 14 2012, 05:52 PM
Ha ha ha ha that's what the Rafe show gets ya days....
TFP
Oh for fuck sakes-not the old one character/ one couple is ruining the show argument again. For the gazillionth time, one actor or couple does not make or break a show no matter how you hate or love them.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply