Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: DC Rumor Report: Miller and Graziadei Leaving....Their Own Terms
Topic Started: Sep 15 2012, 06:46 AM (3,973 Views)
Daytime
Member Avatar

While most of the late-breaking casting news out of Genoa City has had women exiting stage left. I'm hearing two dudes are thisclose to making good on long-rumored plans to leave The Young and the Restless. Both Billy Miller (Billy) and Michael Graziadei (Daniel) have decided not to renew their contracts, according to multiple sources.
"These guys made their decisions to leave before Jill [Farren Phelps] and Josh [Griffith] came onboard," says one setsider. "This isn't part of the bloodbath."

The two popular actors have been booking a slew of gigs in primetime in recent years. Daytime Emmy winner Miller, who has played Abbott bad boy Billy since 2008, had an integral role in The CW's short-lived Sarah Michelle Gellar vehicle Ringer. He also starred in the recent, high profile Lifetime movie Fatal Honeymoon.

Graziadei, who reportedly only signed a six-month extension of his last contract at Y&R, appeared in recurring roles on both The CW's The Secret Circle and FX's American Horror Story. He has been playing the role of Phyllis Summers' (Michelle Stafford) son Daniel on Y&R since 2004.

http://daytimeconfidential.zap2it.com/2012/09/15/rumor-report-billy-miller-and-michael-graziadei-leaving-young-and-restless-on-their-own-t
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lene
Member Avatar

VILLY :( Whatever happens though, I'll watch as long as Amelia Heinle is on!

Daytime
Member Avatar

I agree Lene.. As long as my Amelia is on I will watch. But the Abbotts will be destroyed.. No Billy, Ash, or Abby.. They may recast Billy?

KMan101
Member Avatar

Yay! No big loss on either front. The writers and Graziadei haven't been interested in Daniel in yeeeears. Talk about a waste. And I have no idea what happened to Billy Miller but Billy Abbott became a serious joke. This should be a future leading man. I like Miller but he was just too much to watch at times. Ugh. Horrible.

So far, I'm liking the Y&R bloodbath. The right folks are getting cut or leaving on their own. I would also probably venture a guess that JFP isn't letting what I expect Miller and Graziadei to have whatever outs they want. MAB probably gave them everything to keep them around.

So to sum it up ...

Genevieve, Harmony, Abby, Heather, Billy and Daniel are all likely out sometime this year. LOL. Y&R has so much dead weight and poorly defined character's. It's really really sad. HOWEVER, Genevieve was a piss-poor (no offense Genie Francis!) attempt at replacing Nikki, Ashley and Jill all in one fell swoop, IMO. It failed. Abby was aged waaaay too much. They could have gotten the same storyline mileage out of her as a highschool/boarding school student. Not some 30 year old brat. I like Marcy Rylan though. And I love Debbi Morgan, but Harmony was a complete bust. If MAB wanted that age range filled, um, how about Tonya Lee Williams' Olivia, who has a son, Nate, that was ripe for storyline. MAB, you are stupid.

I'd venture a guess Abby will probably be recast. I could also see Billy recast. Not sure about Daniel. I

I'm thinking we aren't even close to done with the cast exits, however, Y&R's younger set will probably take a HUGE hit. It's too bad MAB spent years wasting all of the potential Billy, Chloe, Heather, Chance, Daniel, Abby, etc. had to carry this show into the next generation. Heather has been miscast as much as Mac has been miscast (I still say Landon should have been Mackenzie and Vail should have been brought back as Heather). Chance was tossed aside in favor of Ronan.

I like Greg Rikaart but I also feel like they should cut their losses with Kevin too.

The whole younger set is a hot mess.
Edited by KMan101, Sep 15 2012, 07:36 AM.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

These aren't surprising because as the story states, they've been talking about leaving for awhile and they've both done well in prime time. I like the "bloodbath" comment because that's what we@re gonna see.

KMan101
Member Avatar

I will also give JFP for not cutting any core Y&R vets so far. I mean, let's be real, there aren't a TON of them and all of these exits should help a great deal, even with a few newbies and what will probably be a couple of recasts.

I could see her honestly wanting to keep both Paul and Neil and give them love interests. I feel like she'd have the same attitude towards Paul as Neil, though Paul has been beaten down as a character so much. He's a tentpole though, however, his fate worries me still. He is "kind of" expendable, and they just got rid of Heather so ...

And with Francis out, hopefully MTS is safe. I see Braeden/JFP going either way. I just don't know. I think they can make it work as I feel they might want what's best for the show, though I could see her being the one to have Braeden walk. She wouldn't flinch, IMO. And she shouldn't. Sorry Braeden.

Only1Way
Member Avatar

Heathers gone? Written in stone? Recast Billy, let Daniel go.
No complaints here on the women that have bled on the casting knife.

Soapwatcher

I'd rather see Greg Rikkart go or Ted Shackleford, Bryson James, Daniel Goddard, Stephen Nichols than Michael or Billy. I like those two, but if they have to replace Billy I hope they bring back David Tom, he was good as Billy. I kind of like Jeff Branson too, but if he's gonna stick his dodah in Phyllis's pocket forget it I want to see her alone and have nobody just like when she got custody of Lucy no one was there for her and I loved it.

ChampagneRiver
Member Avatar

Both these guys have had one foot out the door for a while now, so I'm neither surprised nor bothered by this news.

LPS
Member Avatar

You could tell Billy just wasn't into it anymore. I like MG but his look ruined his character. I would LOVE to see GR on the chopping block. I've hated his chararcter for years.,
Edited by LPS, Sep 15 2012, 10:30 AM.

LPS
Member Avatar

Are they getting rid of Jennifer Landon? I'm confused.

bygnedys

B.M. has been "phoning it in" as E.B. says, for at least a year.

Daniel character has overstayed for at least two years now.

Peridott
Member Avatar

No shocker about Miller and its probably why MAB & Co. tossed Billy under the bus in this stupid Victor story. They'll end Villy, then maybe bring Billy back to town with a recast. Damn though, only Abbotts left are Jack and Kyle. The latter needs to be recast ASAP.

Graz is making the right decision. Daddy Daniel is boring compared to what he plays in his primetime gigs. Have Daniel and Heather leave town together like JT and Mac did.

Edited by Peridott, Sep 15 2012, 11:15 AM.

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

I would rather Greg Rikaart go instead of Billy. Love that Daniel is leaving.

Crazygirl
Member Avatar

LPS
Sep 15 2012, 10:29 AM
You could tell Billy just wasn't into it anymore. I like MG but his look ruined his character. I would LOVE to see GR on the chopping block. I've hated his chararcter for years.,
Absolutely agree. BM basically quit on the show about a year ago. He hasn't been into since, it's been more then obvious that he's no longer interested in the character or the show. I wish him nothing but the best because I think he's a huge talent.
MG is the same. I think he's had one foot out the door for a long time too. I won't miss him too much tbh, maybe someone can now get him to cut that hair and bathe. It would help.

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

I hope Daniel is murdered and that Phyllis is hurt and disappointed and then Nick cheats on her while she's grieving..

bygnedys

That is exactly what I was thinking.

Tash
Member Avatar

Billy Miller has a huge career ahead of him. He has been phoning it in because he knows that he can do great in primetime and possibly movies. I think he is a fantastic actor. In fact, in reviews for that Lifetime movie, some critics said he was better than Harvey Keitel.

SchaNich
Member Avatar

He probably has been phoning it it but that doesn't speak much for his professionalism if that's the case. If he wanted to leave sooner he could have otherwise he's paid to do his best job. I do like BM as Billy though and wish him the best.

Queen B
Member Avatar

Good. Billy makes Victoria dull and boring as fuck, and Daniel is just another excuse for Phyllis to have more airtime so GOODBYE

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply