Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: DC Rumor Report: Jennifer Landon next to be Fired!
Topic Started: Sep 15 2012, 06:48 AM (3,145 Views)
Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

klements
Sep 16 2012, 09:24 PM
Not going to miss this one at all. Heather and Daniel are the dumbest pairing--what in the hell do they possibly have in common? That is all I am thinking every time they are together.
Long hair? :-/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Peridott
Sep 15 2012, 11:26 AM
Good decision cause eventhough JL is more tolerable than ER in this role, she's not wowing me by any means. Vail was the best Heather simply due to sex appeal if nothing else.
And she could take a door to the face like nobody else. :lol:

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

just joey
Sep 15 2012, 06:59 PM
Daytime
Sep 15 2012, 06:48 AM
I'm hearing yet another The Young and the Restless actress is on the chopping block as we head into the weekend. Jennifer Landon, the third actress to play the role of Paul Williams' (Doug Davidson) daughter Heather, is set to be let go from the CBS Daytime series, according to sources.

The multiple Daytime Emmy winner only joined Y&R last May. Vail Bloom (2007-10) and Eden Riegel (2010-11) previously played the role. Landon, daughter of the late Bonanza, Little House on the Prairie and Highway to Heaven actor Michael Landon, first shot to soapy fame as Carly's (Maura West) half sister Gwen on As The World Turns.

http://daytimeconfidential.zap2it.com/2012/09/15/rumor-report-is-jennifer-landon-the-next-young-and-restless-actress-to-be-fired?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
That's because "Crazy Daisy is coming back to G.C. :flipoff: That's what I think about "Our Heather" possibly getting done. Her & Danial are so sweet together :makeout: Get that fu*** n "crazy daisy into a wacko ward", "FOR GOOD". :applause: You can bet your ass people, that soap will be so F***d UP, once "HEATHER" is gone, I will for damn sure , drop this soap like a bad habit. They are "KILLING" this soap, EVER SOOOO SLOWWWWLY!!! :frustration: THE :shithitfan: as far as I'm concerned. Y & R :rip:
Heather is an unnecessary character regardless of who is playing her. There was a collective groan when it was learned there would again be another heather. jmo

Only1Way
Member Avatar

Heather isn't needed really. Both of Paul's kids were just an image in our minds for years. Then all of a sudden they thought they needed to bring her in.
The first one was "the mole", then Heathen, finally got one that I could hack and they sent her off the the 'little out house on the prairie.'

LPS
Member Avatar

Didn't Vail Bloom's mole just magically move to different spots on her face? I always thought the mole was fake.

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

It's too bad Paul will go back to having no family on this show. It's weird how he is a good guy yet he didn't fight harder to be part of either of his children's upbringing.

Deleted User
Deleted User

I don't know where to put this, but Jennifer Landon is indeed fired.
Here's the link: http://cbs.soapsindepth.com/2012/09/yr-cast-changes-continue.html
Quote Post Goto Top

Only1Way
Member Avatar

You mean like Prince John on Men in Tights? lol

"I've got a Moleeeeeeeee?"

Posted Image

Queen B
Member Avatar

With all these casting cuts I have a feeling they are going to focuss more in on main characters like Jack, Neil, Sharon, Adam Phyllis, Nick, and ofcourse we know already that the younger set is going to be getting a big makeover, so its hard to speculate on that right now. But I'm fine with seeing the characters who dominated the show in the 90's be the main focuss again along with the younger set, ofcourse it depends what JFP has planned for them.

I don't think we have anything to worry about when it comes to the 30-40 something characters. Its characters like Victor and Nikki that could be getting a shitty deal sometime down the line, I wouldn't mind that at all though. We know Jack is safe because JFP is friends with him and they apparently have a big storyline cooked up for him. JFP also said she wants to keep Neil, so we could be looking at some new AA characters again.. or maybe the possibility of Drucilla coming back? I won't get my hopes up.. but we'll see.

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

3WishGenie
Sep 15 2012, 04:18 PM
Especially VB & CE!! They were a hot couple. The current Heather and Daniel just dont do it at all.
This post is on point! They both look grungy and clumsy nothing hot/romantic about they bed scenery in the least.

VB & CE version of Adam was really enjoyable and O`BOY the scenes w/the both of them and BigPimpin :biggrin: but dumb ass Maybelle was so fascinated with showing her own mad rubbish she really messed up a good ting there.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Evan
Member Avatar

Is it any coincidence that Victoria Rowell was tweeting with the Shadam fans(Adam/Sharon) on their twitter page yesterday?
I'd bring her back, if only to see how Michelle Stafford reacted LOL

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

Evan
Sep 17 2012, 10:21 PM
Is it any coincidence that Victoria Rowell was tweeting with the Shadam fans(Adam/Sharon) on their twitter page yesterday?
I'd bring her back, if only to see how Michelle Stafford reacted LOL
She tweets all the time with Y&R fans. Shadam, Shick, all kinds. I hope they bring her back too! Let's see how MS plays it off in their first scene together lol

Queen B
Member Avatar

Right now would be the best chance to do it honestly. VR would definitely bring in the ratings. All I know is that they need to do something huge that will make people tune in so they can see that all the newbies are gone and the focus is on the main characters again.

Y&R has never been known for doing big disasters like DOOL and Passions did I don't think are they? I don't think I ever remember a big event like that happening on Y&R. That would be fun

Shick
Member Avatar

Queen B
Sep 17 2012, 11:26 PM
Right now would be the best chance to do it honestly. VR would definitely bring in the ratings. All I know is that they need to do something huge that will make people tune in so they can see that all the newbies are gone and the focus is on the main characters again.

Y&R has never been known for doing big disasters like DOOL and Passions did I don't think are they? I don't think I ever remember a big event like that happening on Y&R. That would be fun
YES QueenB I soooo want a huge disaster on Y&R! :applause: They tried it with Clear Springs, but they didn't kill anyone off during it. We need a massive explosion/tornado that just wipes out the dead weight on this show (Harmony, Heather, Daniel, Genevieve, etc..). DOOL just had their DAYSaster and it did pretty well with regards to ratings from what I read.

Evan
Member Avatar

A tornado in Wisconsin?
Well, anything's possible in Soapland. ;)

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

lightandday
Sep 17 2012, 07:38 PM
3WishGenie
Sep 15 2012, 04:18 PM
Especially VB & CE!! They were a hot couple. The current Heather and Daniel just dont do it at all.
This post is on point! They both look grungy and clumsy nothing hot/romantic about they bed scenery in the least.

VB & CE version of Adam was really enjoyable and O`BOY the scenes w/the both of them and BigPimpin :biggrin: but dumb ass Maybelle was so fascinated with showing her own mad rubbish she really messed up a good ting there.
Posted Image
Posted Image
hahahaha, love that photo, can I steal it?

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

Evan
Sep 17 2012, 11:50 PM
A tornado in Wisconsin?
Well, anything's possible in Soapland. ;)
sure why not, they had a tornado in NY a couple of weeks ago.

Checkers
Member Avatar

I keep seeing random tweets about how this was a bad decision. Jen hadn't been on that long. The Daniel/Heather pairing was going nowhere. It was a stunt cast in the first place.

Shick
Member Avatar

Like I've said, unless Vail Bloom is the actress I don't want to see Heather on screen. Landon's version of the role feels like a whole new character. Sorry Jennifer lost her job, but this (like Eden Riegel) was just an odd casting. MAB made the character truly pointless. All she does is pout and make out with Daniel.
Edited by Shick, Sep 18 2012, 01:37 AM.

Checkers
Member Avatar

All the cuts I've been okay with.

Harmony was not catching on.
Fans have complained about Gen for the longest.
Heather has been a fail character since they got rid of Vail Bloom and even when she was playing her. Fans were complaining because Heather was always failing in her cases.
I have never liked the Abby character once she was sorased.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply