Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
John Ingle Passed Away; GH and Days actor dead at 84
Topic Started: Sep 17 2012, 01:06 PM (2,019 Views)
somersetfan
Member Avatar

His family announced on Facebook he passed yesterday.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151167144611952&set=a.486813086951.287611.835841951&type=1&theater

RIP
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Crazygirl
Member Avatar

So sad. RIP. I loved him. I just watched him the other day on GH and he looked so frail on there. Thoughts and prayers to his family and loved ones.

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

Rest in peace John Ingle.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

May he rest in peace. I hope GH gives Edward a worthy memorial.
Edited by dc cubs, Sep 17 2012, 01:51 PM.

Ally
Member Avatar
The Royal Princess

Via Daytime Confidential

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

So sad. You could tell from Ingle's recent appearance that he wasn't doing well. He looked so frail. I am glad we got to see him as Edward one last time before he passed away. Even though Ingle didn't have much to do in that episode, just a few minor scenes, it meant a lot that Valentini/Carlivati chose to use him in any way they could. It could've been very easy to just have Edward do all of that off-screen. It's like they knew what was coming when they chose to have those scenes taped.

I have no doubt Carlivati will give Edward a great tribute. He did a wonderful job with Asa's funeral on OLTL.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

This is so sad. I'm glad we got to see him one last time on GH. He looked so frail so you could tell he was struggling but it was still nice to see him included on the show.

He was a true class act and will be missed. Thoughts and prayers to his family. May he RIP.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

Very sad! A great actor, teacher and mentor... he seemed like a really wonderful man. May he rest in peace!

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family!

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

RIP you great man.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

Ally
Member Avatar
The Royal Princess

nocturnalblondie
Sep 17 2012, 02:12 PM
That scene made me bawl - it was SO good.

He also was trending worldwide for a bit during GH when the news broke:

Posted Image

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Amazing actor. The world truly lost a legend. I loved his portrayal of Edward Quartermaine.

RIP Mr. Ingle

Dreamy
Member Avatar

So very sad. May he RIP! GH should do a tribute for him.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

I've met him many times. He was one of those people that you just flip for at first sight. That's how darling he was.

:'(

Tash
Member Avatar

Watching his last scenes made me cry. What an amazing actor, teacher and mentor. He taught a lot of Hollywood how to act. I am sure he will be remembered by Hollywood. Carlivarti did a fantastic job with Asa, he will do just as well with Edward. At last Lila and Edward are reunited.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

RIP

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

RIP - great actor!

Alin89
Member Avatar

RIP one of best actors ever!!

talbab1994
Member Avatar

A message from John Ingle’s daughter: #GH

This is what John Ingle’s daughter posted about his final day on set:

As our Dad moves closer and closer to joining our Mom, I thought I would share a bit of much needed “happiness” for the Ingle clan. For those of you that have followed Dad as “Edward Quartermaine” on General Hospital for all these years, I wanted to let you know that Dad was able to return to the set on August 24th, for what will undoubtedly be his last performance on the show. His scene was small and he had very few words…. but his presence on the set was monumental. Beginning with a standing ovation by the entire cast and crew as we entered the set, to the line of people waiting to hug and wish him well, it was a day that he (and we) will remember forever. Several months ago, Dad had said that ” if he only had one more day on the set of General Hospital, he would feel like he had won”…. On that Friday, with the help of one of his caregivers (Anthony), a wheelchair van and 2 of his daughters, (myself and Chrissy), that goal was realized. Entering the set of GH was emotional for Dad and it was obvious why he has loved being there all these years. Chrissy and I joked and said it was the ONLY “Hospital” we have enjoyed visiting since January! Ha! The filming did not take that long and Dad did a good job. The cast and crew were patient and worked with Dad to get a scene that was meaningful. Standing there watching the monitor, we were struck by the reality that it was not Edward Quartermaine who was on the set….it was Dad surrounded by people who love and care about him. It was truly a wonderful afternoon. None of us know what tomorrow holds, but today we will hang onto the memory of August 24th and the love and support that was shown for our Dad. For anyone who might want to see the show, it is being aired tomorrow (September 11th), on ABC at 1:00 p.m. (PST). This is a new time slot for GH, for those of you who watch the show. The producers said it was September 11th, but then we heard that it may be a two-part episode. Might want to set your tivos for both days just to be sure. Last but not least,”Thank You” again to all of our family and friends for your love, prayers and support over these past few months. We truly CAN feel it.

RIP Mr. Ingle...

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

What a nice message from his daughter. Watching his final episode has a whole new meaning after reading that. It was his good-bye and it was wonderful that RC/FV were able to make it happen for him, his co-workers and all of us viewers.

RIP
Edited by cubsgirl, Sep 17 2012, 05:02 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply