Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
John Ingle Passed Away; GH and Days actor dead at 84
Topic Started: Sep 17 2012, 01:06 PM (1,920 Views)
ivy

RIP. I loved Edward/John. They both will be missed.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sweetbabygirl
Member Avatar
Do I look like I give a bluedilly fuck?!

talbab1994
Sep 17 2012, 04:46 PM
A message from John Ingle’s daughter: #GH

This is what John Ingle’s daughter posted about his final day on set:

As our Dad moves closer and closer to joining our Mom, I thought I would share a bit of much needed “happiness” for the Ingle clan. For those of you that have followed Dad as “Edward Quartermaine” on General Hospital for all these years, I wanted to let you know that Dad was able to return to the set on August 24th, for what will undoubtedly be his last performance on the show. His scene was small and he had very few words…. but his presence on the set was monumental. Beginning with a standing ovation by the entire cast and crew as we entered the set, to the line of people waiting to hug and wish him well, it was a day that he (and we) will remember forever. Several months ago, Dad had said that ” if he only had one more day on the set of General Hospital, he would feel like he had won”…. On that Friday, with the help of one of his caregivers (Anthony), a wheelchair van and 2 of his daughters, (myself and Chrissy), that goal was realized. Entering the set of GH was emotional for Dad and it was obvious why he has loved being there all these years. Chrissy and I joked and said it was the ONLY “Hospital” we have enjoyed visiting since January! Ha! The filming did not take that long and Dad did a good job. The cast and crew were patient and worked with Dad to get a scene that was meaningful. Standing there watching the monitor, we were struck by the reality that it was not Edward Quartermaine who was on the set….it was Dad surrounded by people who love and care about him. It was truly a wonderful afternoon. None of us know what tomorrow holds, but today we will hang onto the memory of August 24th and the love and support that was shown for our Dad. For anyone who might want to see the show, it is being aired tomorrow (September 11th), on ABC at 1:00 p.m. (PST). This is a new time slot for GH, for those of you who watch the show. The producers said it was September 11th, but then we heard that it may be a two-part episode. Might want to set your tivos for both days just to be sure. Last but not least,”Thank You” again to all of our family and friends for your love, prayers and support over these past few months. We truly CAN feel it.

RIP Mr. Ingle...
I read this elsewhere and totally lost it.

I remember David Lewis and he was a rascally Edward but for me, John Ingle was Edward....what a lovely human being, so glad that he and his beloved Grace-Lynne are now reunited forever.

RIP, Mr. Ingle.

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

RIP

He will definitely be missed.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Alan and AJ turning up alive at the funeral would be amazing ...

RIP John Ingle. Such a terrific actor! He will be greatly missed. Such a big loss :(

Tash
Member Avatar

I remember the amazing scene where Tracy held back Edward's heart medicine (he was then played by David Lewis) and now this last scene he played. I cried my heart out and now I am crying from what the daughter wrote.

SallySlice
Member Avatar

It should truly be moving to watch when Tracy finds out Daddy died.
:(

That scene with Edward recently spoke volumes with so little words.
Those eyes of John's made that moment powerful.

I'll really miss seeing him as Edward.

I also loved John's part in the movie -Heathers-
He was so funny in it.

RIP

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

nocturnalblondie
Sep 17 2012, 02:12 PM
I just got a chance to watch this and so sad for various reasons. The first is seeing JI so frail and his scenes were just so poignant without saying much. I love Tracey STILL calling Monica a social climber. A Ned mention! OMG....EXTRAS...beautiful sets, location shoot...oh GHers you are so spoiled! Such luxury!

TFP

Tash
Member Avatar

A Ned and Dillion mention. I really wish that we could get back Wally Kurth and Scott Clifton back for an Edward funeral. To honor the industry and such a wonderful, giving actor

talbab1994
Member Avatar

Liz<3Days
Sep 17 2012, 09:51 PM
nocturnalblondie
Sep 17 2012, 02:12 PM
I just got a chance to watch this and so sad for various reasons. The first is seeing JI so frail and his scenes were just so poignant without saying much. I love Tracey STILL calling Monica a social climber. A Ned mention! OMG....EXTRAS...beautiful sets, location shoot...oh GHers you are so spoiled! Such luxury!

TFP
Still can't watch that without tearing up. I honestly cannot imagine what JE and JT were thnking while doing those scenes. Heartbreakingly wonderful....

Jen
Member Avatar

So sad. I loved him as Edward Quatermaine in GH, he will be missed

granolagirl
Member Avatar

talbab1994
Sep 17 2012, 04:46 PM
A message from John Ingle’s daughter: #GH

This is what John Ingle’s daughter posted about his final day on set:

As our Dad moves closer and closer to joining our Mom, I thought I would share a bit of much needed “happiness” for the Ingle clan. For those of you that have followed Dad as “Edward Quartermaine” on General Hospital for all these years, I wanted to let you know that Dad was able to return to the set on August 24th, for what will undoubtedly be his last performance on the show. His scene was small and he had very few words…. but his presence on the set was monumental. Beginning with a standing ovation by the entire cast and crew as we entered the set, to the line of people waiting to hug and wish him well, it was a day that he (and we) will remember forever. Several months ago, Dad had said that ” if he only had one more day on the set of General Hospital, he would feel like he had won”…. On that Friday, with the help of one of his caregivers (Anthony), a wheelchair van and 2 of his daughters, (myself and Chrissy), that goal was realized. Entering the set of GH was emotional for Dad and it was obvious why he has loved being there all these years. Chrissy and I joked and said it was the ONLY “Hospital” we have enjoyed visiting since January! Ha! The filming did not take that long and Dad did a good job. The cast and crew were patient and worked with Dad to get a scene that was meaningful. Standing there watching the monitor, we were struck by the reality that it was not Edward Quartermaine who was on the set….it was Dad surrounded by people who love and care about him. It was truly a wonderful afternoon. None of us know what tomorrow holds, but today we will hang onto the memory of August 24th and the love and support that was shown for our Dad. For anyone who might want to see the show, it is being aired tomorrow (September 11th), on ABC at 1:00 p.m. (PST). This is a new time slot for GH, for those of you who watch the show. The producers said it was September 11th, but then we heard that it may be a two-part episode. Might want to set your tivos for both days just to be sure. Last but not least,”Thank You” again to all of our family and friends for your love, prayers and support over these past few months. We truly CAN feel it.

RIP Mr. Ingle...
Thank you for posting that, I hadn't seen it.

And thoughts going out to his daughters -- how hard to lose two parents in a year. They seem like an amazing family.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dakota
Member Avatar
World Cup June 12, 2014- July 13, 2014

He will be missed, JI was a great actor and he did a great job as Edward Quatermaine.

Sonny_BrendaFan
Member Avatar
Brenda: "Let the fireworks begin." Sonny: "With you and me, Brenda, it's guaranteed."

R.I.P

Such a talented actor. He will be miss!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply