Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
About.com Comings and Goings Sept 18
Topic Started: Sep 18 2012, 05:08 PM (4,020 Views)
LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

jackjenfan
Sep 18 2012, 09:36 PM
Miss Melme and her oversized clothes and vacant stares into space in every scene are gone! Woohoo! :drunk: :cheers:
and her TEETH, who can forget her TEETH...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Lil
Member Avatar

Later Melanie...But when I saw this article posted, I was REALLY hoping to hear that Casey Deadweighterick was OUT as Chad. lol Dammit.

Vicky4Mimi
Member Avatar

Nicole could be having her baby a little early....and it could have complications? I know most babies that actually make it to birth on a soap are usually healthy, but maybe her's isn't? Ari said there were many twist and that would be one.

My thought is wondering if Ej would accept a child that was less than perfect. Remember when he thought Sydney wasn't his and he told Nicole to get "THAT" out of his house? That would be a different storyline for both Nicole and EJ. He would of course blame Nicole for child's problems and she would be feeling extremely guilty. (Enter Eric who makes her see, it's not her fault)..

Lots of twist and would be a good story, IMO.

Ashtonion
Member Avatar
Mmm....

Wait a friggen second. Didn't Philip, you know the good looking-long-term-son-of-a-Kiriakis-dimplefied hunk with tons of fans and being one-half of a very popular duo (Phloe) just disappear off screen pretty much when he left? And they are gonna give Melanie a montage of goodbyes to make us want to hang ourselves on? Melanie, Daniel, Sami, why the fuck do they think we like these people?

Ashtonion
Member Avatar
Mmm....

I would like to say goodbye to Bo, one of my all time favorite characters and the reason I even stopped the channel on Days to begin with so I could watch him rescue the girl on his bike. And his send off story is about getting a paycut. Well, thanks-a-friggen-lot Days for all that effort put forth for a legend of Days. You got my vote for most classy and best send off. NOT!!!

Posted Image

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

MB/Mel hurry up and leave already.....it has been a long time coming. One Jonas down, and one to go!!!!!

tylerbo20

would have loved to say goodbye to carrie/austin/Jack/bo properly instead we get a longer goodbye for Melanie than we did for Alice Horton

blueskies
Member Avatar

Ok, the comments on that page are begging to be read. One person doesn't like Will/Sonny but would love to see Kate/Marlena....I'm never going to get that image out of my mine, lol.

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

blueskies
Sep 20 2012, 12:19 AM
Ok, the comments on that page are begging to be read. One person doesn't like Will/Sonny but would love to see Kate/Marlena....I'm never going to get that image out of my mine, lol.
:puke: Brain bleach...lots and lots of brain bleach. :drunk:

ScorpioQueen
Member Avatar

I'm ready for Melanie to be off-screen already. Next Friday cannot come soon enough!

maverick
Member Avatar

Ashtonion
Sep 19 2012, 09:32 PM
I would like to say goodbye to Bo, one of my all time favorite characters and the reason I even stopped the channel on Days to begin with so I could watch him rescue the girl on his bike. And his send off story is about getting a paycut. Well, thanks-a-friggen-lot Days for all that effort put forth for a legend of Days. You got my vote for most classy and best send off. NOT!!!

Posted Image

Cool Banner. I know every year behind each one of these pictures...lol Going to miss this guy so much. It's still hard to comprehend that it's come to this. Eyebrows and Dr. Orange are our 'heroes'. WITAF!

I think every VET has gotten a crappy exit under the Tomlin regime, even Alice! :rolleyes:

nolagirl
Member Avatar

I adored Melanie before the Borio Hurl Factor came into her life, ever since then it's been down hill for the character. Good luck to MB on all her future endeavors. Just wish a few others would go with her. Chad has potential if he starts acting more like a true DiMera, but if they make him go after Gabi after all she's done that will disgust me on his character and he can go too.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

anya
Sep 18 2012, 05:26 PM
I think I am one of two that does not despise Molly Burnett, but I do agree that others have been cheated proper goodbyes while it seems like she is actually being written out with goodbyes.

I do miss MB on the twitter thread. She was especially good during the big returns during last year's reboot. It was like she was reading DR and responding to the requests. Kinda cool. Good luck Molly.
I agree with you. Molly seems like a really nice, sweet person and I do think she is a talent. I wish her all the best going forward. A Melanie re-cast would be a mistake in my view because there is no Melanie without Molly Burnett, for better or worse. The only problem I've really had with the character of Melanie is the way female characters (see: Stephanie, Abigail, Gabi) have been made to look completely pathetic/undesirable compared to her when they are anything but, and male characters have been written as slavishly devoted to her to the point of being abrasive, obsessed idiots (see: Nathan, Chad). Melanie does have a certain charm and spunk, but the character has been oversold. Regardless, I think Molly has a bright future ahead.

It is annoying that other characters have been cheated out of proper goodbyes but I won't hold that against Melanie/Molly. It is down to the lack of consideration and possibly vindictiveness of various regimes and it is a shame for the characters and the fans.

Alin89
Member Avatar

bye bye pippi hope to never see ur face again.

Daysofold

Ashtonion
Sep 19 2012, 09:32 PM

Posted Image

I couldn't agree with you more. Give Melanie a send off with only 4 years on the show and give Bo nothing after 29? Tomilin, you're pathetic and deserve to be fired. But I'm sure Corday and Sony will keep you around until it's canceled.

granolagirl
Member Avatar
"I don't know why I don't have a story, either!"

I detest Melanie, but it doesn't seem to me like Bo is getting nothing.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

granolagirl
Sep 22 2012, 01:33 PM
I detest Melanie, but it doesn't seem to me like Bo is getting nothing.
Yea we don't know yet what Bo is getting as it's still a few weeks off. I loathe all this attention Melanie is getting for leaving but it's not that shocking considering how much this show has loved Molly Burnett (for some reason). If PR hardly gets anything, that will make me mad but I want to wait until he, you know, actually leaves.

bygnedys

Is it known yet exactly how he leaves the show?

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

If Bo goes on a roundabout, I might have to really get ugly.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

I mean a walkabout!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply