Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
EW Exclusive: Eric Braeden Signs New Deal with Y&R
Topic Started: Sep 18 2012, 05:55 PM (1,349 Views)
Daytime
Member Avatar

'Young and the Restless' scoop: Eric Braeden signs new deal -- EXCLUSIVE

Genoa City may be losing some attractive denizens (Goodbye Genie Francis! Farewell, Marcy Rylan!) but at least one longtime resident will continue holding court at the Athletic Club. Eric Braeden — aka Victor Newman to his fans, and The Mustache to his enemies — has signed a new deal with Y&R’s production company Sony TV that will keep him on the sudser for years to come.

“Very glad we got the negotiations successfully behind us,” Braeden said in a statement (which could certainly double as a terse little tweet). Terms of his multi-year deal were not released.

Braeden’s new contract should come as good news to fans who may be worried about new head writer Jill Farren Phelps and how many roles she will cut to save the soap some cash. Earlier this month, she made the decision to bid farewell to Francis, who has played Genevieve Atkinson since May 2011. Rylan, aka Abby Newman, is also out the door.

More changes could be on the horizon.

“I’m going into Y&R not with a hatchet but with a scalpel in order to make it function as a more economical show,” Phelps told TV Guide earlier this month. “We have a cast of really wonderful actors but, at the end of the day, we need to look at the entire canvas and decide who is catching fire with the audience. And where can we create fire where there isn’t any?”

This appeared to be a rather uneventful renegotiation between Sony and Braeden, who has been on the show since 1980. In September of 2010, Braeden walked off the set of the soap after contract talks blew up with Sony. The production company wanted the actor to take a pay cut but he opted to leave, instead. Both parties made nice a month later.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/09/18/young-and-the-restless-eric-braeden/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Ugh... :(

Thanks Daytime

Queen B
Member Avatar

Well this is good news to those who thought for sure EB would be axed. I'm guessing MTS is safe aswell

lilacwine
Member Avatar

As long as it's written better - could be a good thing.
I still think he and Peter Bergman are the best "couple" on the show

Checkers
Member Avatar

Not surprised. NB fails again.

Lucid
Member Avatar

:puke:

restless daze
Member Avatar
Now don't come whoopin' my ass at the grocery store cause I picked on your fav on here!

I'm tired of EB. Well, tired of Victor the 80 year old badass. Mastermind and entrepeneur is fine, but Badass just isn't realistic at all.

I dont care if he is here or not. I'm not watching anyway. LMAO

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I watch on YT and zip through the episodes pretty quick since I just watch what I want to.

Queen B
Member Avatar

I just hope they write for him in a more realistic way. Victor doesn't cut it as scary or frightening, its just as believable as Stefano from DOOL. Certain things need to change and I think its time for Victor to sit his ass down in a rocking chair and knit or something

Dorothy595
Member Avatar

Thanks Daytime! :cheers:

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

Queen B
Sep 18 2012, 05:58 PM
Well this is good news to those who thought for sure EB would be axed. I'm guessing MTS is safe aswell
I never doubted it for a minute, they aren't going to get rid of core characters, if there was no victor or no jack, there's goes 75% of the SL's, those two feuding with each other.
I just don't want to see Victor in EVERY damn SL, much as I love the character, I need a break.
That's a lot of the problem on this show, they put 1 or2 characters front and center for weeks until we want to puke at the sight of them, even if they're a fave.
I'm already sick of the whole Paul SL, and really sick of Phyliss's nonsense, had enough of sharon to last me awhile too.
Off topic, speaking of phyliss's SL, I had to laugh, someone in Houston must be watching Y&R, they found a body by a dumpster rolled up in a rug. :huh:

Only1Way
Member Avatar

Glad to see that is settled. Now put the pugilist to rest. Let him do his fighting with an ink pen behind the desk. He has to be verbal but... realism please!
Let's get some portraits of the kids and grandkids on the wall with his. Let him and MTS relax some.
Calm shit down a little.

Jackie m'boy? Are you listening? Pay attention and make Jabot the success it was. Make Daddy proud. Enjoy what ya got. Have some recreational sex, you don't need to marry it.
Follow the lead of some of the other characters...

(Just thought of this. Daisy see's Heathiel kissing good bye and she spazzes out with a gun she stole and shoots both of them. Out the door on a stretcher they gooooooo. In a blaze of glory.)

restless daze
Member Avatar
Now don't come whoopin' my ass at the grocery store cause I picked on your fav on here!

Only -

EXCELLANT IDEA! Three birds with one bullet!

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

Here comes the Victor Newman show again

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

:P MY :P
Posted Image

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

lightandday
Sep 19 2012, 12:05 PM
I told you before, you have to share.....................with me! lol

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Eh. Braeden is a staple on Y&R, so it would be weird if the show didn't have him. However, the character needs major work. Don't feature him, leading a story, just to lead a story. That's all MAB did since she started, and it was one clusterfuck after another.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Sep 19 2012, 03:28 PM
Eh. Braeden is a staple on Y&R, so it would be weird if the show didn't have him. However, the character needs major work. Don't feature him, leading a story, just to lead a story. That's all MAB did since she started, and it was one clusterfuck after another.
I agree, although he is my fave, I don't want to see him every day and have him sticking his nose in every situation, that gets old real fast.
What famous person said, "always leave them wanting more", with this show, they leave us wanting less.

Leisha
Member Avatar

If they keep Hogan Sheffer away from the scripts, I'm all for keeping Victor, I would like to see the pre-MAB half-way human Victor again. I can still remember Victor being charming sometimes.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

Leisha
Sep 19 2012, 04:03 PM
If they keep Hogan Sheffer away from the scripts, I'm all for keeping Victor, I would like to see the pre-MAB half-way human Victor again. I can still remember Victor being charming sometimes.
I agree, this whole hate billy, arrest victoria on her wedding day is not Victor, he would do that to Jack, but not Victoria. lol
Hopefully after he recovers his memory, he will have a different outlook, especially if Billy saves his life.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply