Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Walking Dead: Season 3; Sundays on AMC
Topic Started: Sep 18 2012, 06:00 PM (2,208 Views)
Kevc1980
Member Avatar

King
Nov 13 2012, 12:36 PM
I started S1 yesterday. I watched four episodes. I am not loving it yet. Does it get better?
So much better King...Season 1 was good. But the show really hit it's stride midway through Season 2. It's amazing now.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

King
Nov 13 2012, 12:36 PM
I started S1 yesterday. I watched four episodes. I am not loving it yet. Does it get better?
I only liked the first few episodes of season 1. After that my interest fell off and I didn't really get into the show again until the second half of season 2. That's when the show really hit its stride.

King
Member Avatar

Awesome! I will stick with it.

I really started it because my brother goes on and on about it, and he does not watch scripted TV. I think this is the only show he has watched since Sopranos! LOL.

Edge1978
Member Avatar

Like everyone else has stated before me, Season 1 was fantastic, Season 2 is meh in the beginning but man does it pick up steam and it hasn't calm down since. You're gonna love it King!

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

King- They switched showrunners at some point either before season 2 or during season 2. And that change was really felt at the midway point in season 2 with a huge cliffhanger. And from then on the show has been a non-stop rollercoaster ride. I'm obsessed!

King
Member Avatar

I am two episodes deep into S2!

I already like it a lot more. Sophia is missing (I already know what happens to her. It was spoiled somewhere along the line), Carl was shot, And Andrea is awesome! LOL. I love her.

I still don't really care for the main guy, his wife, and Shane...although I like Shane the most of the three.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

King- you've discovered two amazing shows this week with Homeland and Walking Dead. So proud!!

King
Member Avatar

LOL!

And Breaking Bad too!

Fall TV just sucked for me this year so I am adding on a whole bunch!

I have Sons of Anarchy S1-3 too!

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

King
Nov 14 2012, 02:05 PM
I am two episodes deep into S2!

I already like it a lot more. Sophia is missing (I already know what happens to her. It was spoiled somewhere along the line), Carl was shot, And Andrea is awesome! LOL. I love her.

I still don't really care for the main guy, his wife, and Shane...although I like Shane the most of the three.
Yeah, I've never been a big fan of Rick, Lori and their kid. I didn't mind Shane, except for a few things. Rick and his kid have grown on me this season, Lori not so much.

King
Member Avatar

^ Glad I'm not the only one!

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

King
Nov 14 2012, 03:47 PM
LOL!

And Breaking Bad too!

Fall TV just sucked for me this year so I am adding on a whole bunch!

I have Sons of Anarchy S1-3 too!
I got sucked into Breaking Bad over the summer. Amazing!! My favorite shows are now Homeland, Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Downton Abbey, Mad Men, and Dexter.

King
Member Avatar

I love Game of Thrones...like obsessed!

Looks like we are in sync!

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

I received The Walking Dead - Compendium One which is a collection of the first 48 comic books and must be something like 10,000 pages (!!!).

Received it in the mail Monday night from Overstock.com.

Finished it last night (48 hours later) with my mouth salivating for MORE!, MORE!, MORE!

I can't believe that there was no Daryl nor Merle in the book ... and it is so obvious that Tyreese (in the comics) was the template for Daryl (in seasons 1-3 of the TV series).

Kenny
Member Avatar

Walking Dead Renewed For Season 4; Glen Mazzara Steps Down as Showrunner

AMC’s hit drama The Walking Dead has lost its showunner — again.

Glen Mazzara, who took over the zombie drama’s showrunner position from Frank Darabont last year, is leaving the show.

The cable series that’s brutal about killing off characters is seemingly just as tough to survive as a writer-producer. Here’s a flurry of official statements:

Mazzara: “My time as showrunner on The Walking Dead has been an amazing experience, but after I finish season 3, it’s time to move on. I have told the stories I wanted to tell and connected with our fans on a level that I never imagined. It doesn’t get much better than that. Thank you to everyone who has been a part of this journey.”

Here’s AMC and Mazzara: “Today, AMC announces the season 4 pick-up of The Walking Dead. AMC also jointly announces with Glen Mazzara today that for future seasons, the two parties have mutually decided to part ways. Glen guided the series creatively for seasons 2 and 3. AMC is grateful for his hard work. We are both proud of our shared success. Both parties acknowledge that there is a difference of opinion about where the show should go moving forward, and conclude that it is best to part ways. This decision is amicable and Glen will remain on for post-production on season 3B as showrunner and executive producer.”

And now here’s Robert Kirkman: “I am in full support of both AMC and Glen Mazzara in the decision they have come to and believe the parties came to this decision in the best interest of the future of the show. I thank Glen for his hard work and appreciate his many contributions to The Walking Dead and look forward to working with him as we complete post production on Season 3. I am also excited to begin work on another spectacular season of this show that I know means so much to so many people. This show has always been the result of a wide range of extremely talented men and women working tirelessly to produce their best work collectively. I believe the future is bright for The Walking Dead. Thank you to the fans for your continued support.”

The news is bound to bewilder fans and more than a few in Hollywood. The Walking Dead hit series-high ratings this fall, beating all the broadcast networks in the key adult 18-49 demo. This wouldn’t seem to be a wise time to change leadership. Then again, Walking Dead was already a hit when Darabont exited in the middle of production on season two and many thought changing showrunners then might hurt the series — and it clearly didn’t.

Oh, and yeah, The Walking Dead is now officially renewed for a fourth season. Anybody want a showrunner gig?

Kenny
Member Avatar

This is bad news. I've loved the show since Glen Mazzara took over as EP.

Hopefully they won't bring back Frank Darabont. The show was unwatchable when he was in charge.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Damm..The show really was firing on all cylinders under Glenn. Hope they find someone good. The Walking Dead has at least 3 or 4 more seasons left in it. I'm not ready for it to end anytime soon.

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

Kenny
Dec 21 2012, 01:02 PM
This is bad news. I've loved the show since Glen Mazzara took over as EP.

Hopefully they won't bring back Frank Darabont. The show was unwatchable when he was in charge.
I enjoyed the first season under Darabont but the first half of season 2 was horribly boring and paced.

Hope they find someone who can keep up with what we've had last spring and this season.

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

I don't know if I heard about it on The Talking Dead or if I read about it on a message board but TPTB are completely at odds with each other. Behind-the-sources say that this show has actually been renewed for SEVEN (7) SEASONS but folks behind the scenes say that that is not enough and that this show should go on for 15-20 years. (gulp!).

Posted Image
Edited by Renegade_Killerbee, Dec 23 2012, 07:35 PM.

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

Just 6 MORE DAYS until it's back!

Posted Image

darraholic
Member Avatar
The Queen

Can't wait!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply