Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Walking Dead: Season 3; Sundays on AMC
Topic Started: Sep 18 2012, 06:00 PM (2,305 Views)
Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I can't wait either. The last half of the season should be epic. This show is on a huge roll right now.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

It's a good week to buy a TV Guide.

Or two, or three, in my case! :)

Spoiler: click to toggle

Kenny
Member Avatar

It's crazy how this show manages to trend during marathons even though all the episodes have already been seen, LoL. Shane's death scene just aired and he's already trending #5 on Twitter.

Kenny
Member Avatar

King
Nov 14 2012, 02:05 PM
I am two episodes deep into S2!

I already like it a lot more. Sophia is missing (I already know what happens to her. It was spoiled somewhere along the line), Carl was shot, And Andrea is awesome! LOL. I love her.
Did you ever get caught up?

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

Kenny
Feb 9 2013, 10:48 PM
It's crazy how this show manages to trend during marathons even though all the episodes have already been seen, LoL. Shane's death scene just aired and he's already trending #5 on Twitter.
That's another testament that cable TV is not dead!

In fact, I just signed up for Hulu PLUS this week and was a tad disappointed to find very slim pickings when it comes to The Walking Dead.

And wasn't the first half of this season the most watched of any basic cable TV show in history? I remember hearing that Dead was doing better than How I Met Your Mother, Big Bang Theory, Modern Family, etc. which are some of the crown jewels of the big three networks.

darraholic
Member Avatar
#TeamBeastModePrincess

Yay, tonight is the night. SOOOOOOOOOO Excited.

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

I'm a little worried tonight's ratings might not be as spectacular as those from October.

TPTB @ Walking Dead made it a point to not premiere the show last Sunday, February 3 because of the Super Bowl. That was smart.

But they are now going up against The Grammy Awards. Huh? Why?

And The Grammy Awards have been getting decent ratings over the past couple of years. I'm curious why they didn't wait until February 17.
Edited by Renegade_Killerbee, Feb 10 2013, 03:42 PM.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Renegade_Killerbee
Feb 10 2013, 03:41 PM
I'm a little worried tonight's ratings might not be as spectacular as those from October.

TPTB @ Walking Dead made it a point to not premiere the show last Sunday, February 3 because of the Super Bowl. That was smart.

But they are now going up against The Grammy Awards. Huh? Why?

And The Grammy Awards have been getting decent ratings over the past couple of years. I'm curious why they didn't wait until February 17.
Are those the Oscars? lol

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

Am I the only one who just wasn't blown away by last night's winter premiere?

I mean, it wasn't terrible and had it's moments (God, I love you, Norman Reedus), but overall it just didn't pack the punch I was expecting.

From an incredibly yawn worthy Grammy show to a "Eh, it was just okay" Walking Dead.

darraholic
Member Avatar
#TeamBeastModePrincess

^ I'm with ya. I had to watch it later, so I was super excited when everyone on my Facebook was talking about not being disappointed.

I just found it bland and not a whole lot even happened.

Edge1978
Member Avatar

I completely agree with the both of you. It was just meh...and thats all which isn't like the typical episode of TWD lol

I thought for sure that Merle would've been greatful for Rick and crew saving his ass, but its Merle we are talking about. I am sooo over Andrea. She saw what the Governor was capable of and yet she remains by his side. She needs to be bitten quickly!

I think I spelled Merle's name wrong LOL

darraholic
Member Avatar
#TeamBeastModePrincess

I'm so over both Rick & Andrea. It annoys me when Rick refuses to allow anyone else into their group, yet he was brought into the original group and Herschel's.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

The ratings for last night's episode were a series high. They even beat Idol in the demos..AMAZING!!

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

From the very slow pacing of Sunday night's show, I am now convinced that the next seven episodes will be spent in the prison along with "and over in Woodbury Land," pretty much the same way the first eight episodes unfolded.

Which is okay with me, I guess.

Spoiler: click to toggle

Kenny
Member Avatar

darraholic
Feb 11 2013, 02:37 PM
I'm so over both Rick & Andrea. It annoys me when Rick refuses to allow anyone else into their group, yet he was brought into the original group and Herschel's.
Rick and Andrea are annoying but I can at least understand why they're doing the things they're doing. Rick has pretty much lost his mind after losing his wife and Andrea is hypnotized by the governor's dick. Michonne is the one who's pissing me off. Why the hell doesn't she talk? Why did it take her so long to tell everyone about Merle taking Glenn and Maggie? Why didn't she tell Andrea the governor likes to kidnap and torture people when she (Andrea) walked in on her and the governor fighting? Pretty much everything that's happening right now could've been avoided if Michonne had just opened her mouth and spoke when it was necessary. Instead, she just stands there looking all pissed off not saying a word while everyone runs around in confused chaos.

darraholic
Member Avatar
#TeamBeastModePrincess

^ I fully agree with Michonne. Rick though ugh. Yes, he lost his wife, but almost everyone has lost someone special to them. I just sick of Rick's behavior. I have never been able to stand him.

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

I've been trying to find an articulate and appropriate argument for the reason Andrea has been acting the way she has been acting (I still love her so sue me!) but I think Kenny hit the nail right on the "head."

She is hypnotized by the Governor's penis LMAO excellent!!! :applause:

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

darraholic
Feb 13 2013, 12:49 AM
^ I fully agree with Michonne. Rick though ugh. Yes, he lost his wife, but almost everyone has lost someone special to them. I just sick of Rick's behavior. I have never been able to stand him.
I too agree about Michonne. It's beyond frustrating. I enjoyed Rick season 1, but not really since. Actually, it's funny because I enjoy the show, but I don't really love any of the characters. Darryl is probably the only one I currently like. I just find it hard to root for anyone, but I can't stop watching. LOL.

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

Mateo
Feb 13 2013, 07:46 PM
darraholic
Feb 13 2013, 12:49 AM
I too agree about Michonne. It's beyond frustrating. I enjoyed Rick season 1, but not really since. Actually, it's funny because I enjoy the show, but I don't really love any of the characters. Darryl is probably the only one I currently like. I just find it hard to root for anyone, but I can't stop watching. LOL.
Sarah Silverman voiced pretty much the same sentiment during a recent episode of The Talking Dead. She said she has loved the show since day one but never felt a connection to any of the characters until just recently when she realized she liked Rick, Michonne and a few others.

She said she still hated Carol, though.

TvJunkiie
Member Avatar

i hope his not planning on actually giving up michonne :'( but knowing Rick his smart, probably gonna be a know its a trap. and saw what the governor has in store 4 michonne :angry: he better not do anything

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply