Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
American Horror Story: Asylum
Topic Started: Sep 18 2012, 06:17 PM (4,226 Views)
King
Member Avatar

This was a joke, right?

This wasn't real, right?

LOL.

Awful!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

^Okay, Where's Mike and what have you done with him? LOL

I thought you'd love it!

Kenny
Member Avatar

Did any of you find the episode scary? There were some moments that I thought were creepy but there was nothing that actually made me jump. Last season's premiere had all kinds of scare moments: the twins getting attacked in the basement, Vivian finding the rubber suit in the attic, Addie popping up in the kitchen, the burned guy chasing down Ben, the second attack in the basement. There were lots of scares and it was suspenseful throughout. Last night's episode wasn't really scary though and it kind of jumped all over the place. There was lots of stuff going on but there was no over-arching story that connected it all. Everything seemed kind of frenetic and forced.

Hopefully next week's episode will slow things down a bit and give more focus to the actual story.

lysie
Member Avatar

Not really scary but it was creepier, IMO. It's more like a collection if wurst nightmares, where last year was a collection of scary movies. But if rather be scared than creeped out. I forgot to mention that I really liked the use of music in that one scene...

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

I thought it was just ok it but it wasn't scary. The alien stuff is a bit OTT considering everything else and the kitchen sink they threw in. I didn't like "Bloody Face" being there in the present time (if that is in fact what it is) because that would be a retread of season 1. Not to mention the mad scientist mutilating and killing people also being a repeat from last season... But I am looking forward to next week.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Watched it,not really my kind of thing.

King
Member Avatar

Rick
Oct 18 2012, 03:48 AM
^Okay, Where's Mike and what have you done with him? LOL

I thought you'd love it!
LOL! I just cannot get on board with aliens.

Usually, I love this shit, but I am just coming to the conclusion that Ryan Murphy is awful. I thought it was comedic mostly. Like the girl trolling around who cut her sister's baby's ears off? She looked SOOO cartoonish.

Jessica Lang is of course AMAZING! And I really liked Jenna Dewan Tatum. Evan Peters is amazing too. I was digging his character at first.

I don't know. It was just...TOO out there.

AHS should have stuck to a realistic/scary theme, IMO.

King
Member Avatar

Kenny
Oct 18 2012, 08:45 AM

Hopefully next week's episode will slow things down a bit and give more focus to the actual story.
I hope so!

I didn't like the premiere, but I am in no way going to stop watching.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Maybe Kit really is Bloody Face and the alien stuff is all in his mind. Kind of like he's trying to push what he's really done out of his head and crated this Alien story and we see it because he sees it? Make sense?

Cause I remember reading a teaser from Murphy back in the summer. "there may or may not be aliens"

I may just be grasping here LOL

aimees76
Member Avatar

I just watched it now and I have to say I came away from it thinking "that wasn't as scary as I expected". Last season's premiere gave me nightmares ... this was in no way close to that level of scary, but maybe I was just expecting it to be SO SCARY that it couldn't possibly live up to it? I don't know. I still really enjoyed the episode, and was slightly relieved that it wasn't SO SCARY (I don't like to have nightmares! lol). I'm not sure how I feel about the 5 minutes or so of present day barely intercut with all the past, but we'll see where they go with it. I truly was in awe (again) of both Jessica Lange and Evan Peters. Just wow. They are amazing.

Actor87
Member Avatar
The Royal Dork

Here's an interview Ryan Murphy did. He kind of explains the Season 2 format, the Bloody Face debacle, etc.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/10/18/american-horror-story-asylum-ryan-murphy-premiere-exclusive/

King
Member Avatar

I hope so, Rick! LOL.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Rick
Oct 18 2012, 11:21 PM
Maybe Kit really is Bloody Face and the alien stuff is all in his mind. Kind of like he's trying to push what he's really done out of his head and crated this Alien story and we see it because he sees it? Make sense?

Cause I remember reading a teaser from Murphy back in the summer. "there may or may not be aliens"

I may just be grasping here LOL
Anything is possible, but then who stuck the computer chip in his neck? Some nefarious shadow organization perhaps...

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

I loved the exorcist stuff! I'm such a sucker for that crap lol

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Southofsoap
Oct 25 2012, 09:44 AM
I loved the exorcist stuff! I'm such a sucker for that crap lol
Me too. That was pretty amazing. It reminded me of Marlena's exorcism scenes. It was also pretty brilliant to have the demon give us a glimpse into the past of Sister Jude. I love that the demon is now inside the younger nun. Great twist. And James Cromwell's character is creepy.

King
Member Avatar

So episode 2 was better than episode 1?

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

King
Oct 25 2012, 01:31 PM
I enjoyed it much more. The episode starting going into the back stories of Cromwell and Lange's characters. Plus the demonic possession scenes were excellent.

Kenny
Member Avatar

King
Oct 25 2012, 01:31 PM
I thought it was better. The exorcism scenes were really well done and I enjoyed the Sister Jude flashbacks. The episode seemed much less spastic and all over the place than the first episode, even though there was still a lot going on. Next week's episode looks good as well, judging by previews.

King
Member Avatar

Sweet. I will probably watch it this weekend.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

Decided I couldn't wait until Christmas break and watched both episodes this morning.

Didn't care much for the premiere, but LOVED the second episode.

The exorcism scenes were very well done.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply