Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
American Horror Story: Asylum
Topic Started: Sep 18 2012, 06:17 PM (4,114 Views)
King
Member Avatar

I definitely liked episode 2 a lot better. I feel like they almost should have worked the exorcism into episode 1, since it revealed so much about Jessica Lang's character.

I still think this season is pretty bad, LOL, but I'm into much more than I was last week.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Tonight was a complete mindfuck!

WTF was with Sister Jude seeing the alien?

King
Member Avatar

God, I hate this alien shit! LOL.

The doctor is fucking crazy, but I guess that's the point.

The possessed nun is the best part, haha.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

^I agree, the possessed nun is the best.

I hate Zachary Quinto and James Cromwell's characters.

If I compare this non-halloween episode to last halloween - yikes, no comparison - last year was so much better

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Spoiler: click to toggle

darraholic
Member Avatar
The Queen

Rick
Nov 1 2012, 11:11 PM
I'm sooooooo tempted, but I promised myself to remain spoiler free for AHS & Homeland.

King
Member Avatar

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Wow! Kudos to the AHS makeup department. I truly thought Pepper was played by a real "pinhead"

Posted Image

King
Member Avatar

OMG, every time I see her on-screen, I laugh.

I hope she gets a story soon.

Lil
Member Avatar

Kevc1980
Oct 25 2012, 10:34 AM
Southofsoap
Oct 25 2012, 09:44 AM
I loved the exorcist stuff! I'm such a sucker for that crap lol
Me too. That was pretty amazing. It reminded me of Marlena's exorcism scenes. It was also pretty brilliant to have the demon give us a glimpse into the past of Sister Jude. I love that the demon is now inside the younger nun. Great twist. And James Cromwell's character is creepy.
I truly think Murphy/Falchuk are DAYS fans...lol Last season we had Constance's son "Beauregard" as well as Vivian giving birth to twins with 2 baby daddies ala Sami Brady and now a possession lol

Lil
Member Avatar

I'm digging this season. I think Cromwell is insanely creepy (and at time hilarious)...I like the possessed nun a lot as well. Jessica Lange is outstanding as ever. Chloe Sevigny's character cracks me up too. I love how she is playing her lol

My biggest issues thus far are I hate the "modern" BloodyFace story. I think it's ridiculously corny and I just don't give a shit. Also the need to force actors who have no Boston accent do do a Boston accent. It's distracting how terrible they are, but that's porbably because I am from Boston and know very few people who actually speak like Kennedys. Just let the actors use their normal voices. And lastly...the alien stuff. I'm thinking the twist will be that all of that is some menta disorder or other, otherwise there's just too much going on. Posession, aliens, murderers, Nazis...I don't know. I'm trying not to think too hard on it and just enjoy and so far I am enjoying most of what I'm seeing.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

O-M-fucking-G they made Anne Frank alive. I can't decide if it's genius or disgustingly disrespectful.

Poor Shelley :(

I think Bloody Face is either Zachary Quinto or Joseph Fiennes (watch me be wrong :P )

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I have yet to watch a single episode of Season 2. The first three episodes are On Demand, so I think I'm going watch the first three tonight. Hopefully the fourth episode is posted tomorrow before the new episode comes on, so I can be all caught up.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Vague spoiler for tomorrow's episode:

Kenny
Member Avatar

I don't even know how to process what I just watched.

This show is completely disturbing.

I can't believe Dr. Thredson is Bloody Face!

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Kenny
Nov 14 2012, 11:18 PM
I don't even know how to process what I just watched.

This show is completely disturbing.

I can't believe Dr. Thredson is Bloody Face!
I had suspected it might be Dr. Thredson last week. But that reveal was spectacular. I was so frightened for Lana. And that trap door. Holy crap...Also, pretty sure Jessica Lange just secured her repeat emmy with her monologue last night where she admitted defeat. So powerful...

I'm really enjoying this season. I can't wait to see what Bloodyface has in store for Lana. He won't want to kill her just yet, if he wants her to write his story.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Yeah, Dr Thredson as Bloody Face was heavily hinted the previous week, but the reveal is so good. Lol at the nipple lampshade :P

I found the Anne Frank imposter's lobotomy too hard to watch, I had to turn away from the TV.

This was easily the best epsiode of the season. And the reason was that they played it more straight than camp. Last season camp worked so well, because that house was so campy. Briarcliffe can't be presented that way if they want maximum impact, it doesn't match the atmosphere setting - camping it up only trivializes the things that go on there and reduces the horror and creepiness. Hopefully the remainder of the season keeps the tone of this last episode.

aimees76
Member Avatar

Holy FUCK.
THAT episode did me in. That might be the one this season that gives me bad dreams. But, WOW.
I suspected it was Dr. Thredson, too, but didn't fully feel it until he took Lana to his house. My hand was over my mouth from that point through the rest of the episode. I'm terrified to see what more is in store.

Agreed about Jessica Lange's performance. I thought the same thing throughout ... just flawless and spectacular. She is magnificent.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

The latest episode felt very much like consolidation after the previous week.

I really really really x1000 want Dr Arden to have a most nasty comeuppance. Its gotta be super awful - don't let me down show!!

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Loving this season so far..And Bloody Face 2's voice was Dylan McDermott. I wonder if he's the son of Thredson and Lana?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply