Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
American Horror Story: Asylum
Topic Started: Sep 18 2012, 06:17 PM (4,307 Views)
Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

I simply adore Naomi Grossman (Pepper) She's definitely one brave actor.

Evan Peters is so effing HOT!

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Lil
Member Avatar

My only real gripe this season is the alien angle. I don't understand it at all. Too much. But I'm enjoying nevertheless. Jessica Lange is a goddess.

am103
Member Avatar

Edge1978
Jan 3 2013, 05:22 PM
am103
Jan 2 2013, 10:08 PM
Can somebody explain to me what is going on with Grace? How is she pregnant? I've missed a couple weeks and this little plot twist seems to have come out of nowhere!
Grace and Kit had sex a few episodes ago, but then after Kit was arrested and returned to the Asylum, he and Grace were going to make a run for it only to have Grace shot dead, she was being taken to the lab by Doctor Arden when her body was kidnapped by Aliens and she returned 'alive' 2 episodes ago what looks to be 9 months preggers with what we believe is Kit's baby.

Wow, after reading what I wrote, WTF kind of show am I watching. :blink: LOL
Okay, I actually remember them hooking up now that you mention it, thanks for the update! :)

And I know what you mean, lol. This show is so twisted! It's really good too, although I think Season One is miles ahead of this season!

aimees76
Member Avatar

The performances this season just get better with every episode, I swear! Say what you will about the story lines, the ACTING this season has been beyond superb from absolutely everyone. As much as I loved Season 1, and thought it was definitely scarier, I think this season is superior in terms of storytelling, pacing, and performances.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

aimees76
Jan 11 2013, 01:12 AM
The performances this season just get better with every episode, I swear! Say what you will about the story lines, the ACTING this season has been beyond superb from absolutely everyone. As much as I loved Season 1, and thought it was definitely scarier, I think this season is superior in terms of storytelling, pacing, and performances.
I loved the first season too, but I'm enjoying this season just as much (if not more...). Lol.

King
Member Avatar

I'm officially done with this show.

I can't!
Edited by King, Jan 12 2013, 05:25 PM.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

I am actually enjoying this season more than the first.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

I think I like this season more than the first. The first season was camp and I like that, this season is more macabre and I love that!

However this last episode was slightly off. Lana and her book was like a spoof of a Lifetime movie.

ETA: I just noticed that I write 'like' a lot lol
Edited by Southofsoap, Jan 14 2013, 07:32 PM.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I'd say the 1st season was still the better. It was scarier, and the writing and mythology were tighter. Season 2 has been great but for me it's been more about the great performances of the actors than the story itself.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

What the hell was this past week's episode?!

Edge1978
Member Avatar

Drew
Jan 18 2013, 01:00 PM
What the hell was this past week's episode?!
This weeks episode was the only episode this season that I was scratching my head. I was so confused. :shrug:

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I wasn't really confused, just annoyed.

This show does not know how to end its stories/seasons well. It's Afterbirth all over again, now spread over 2.5 episodes.

aimees76
Member Avatar

Yeah, I wasn't crazy about this week's episode. It felt way too disconnected from last week's.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Didn't care for the episode, but Franny Conroy deserves a guest actress Emmy for this episode. She was flawless as a 60's gangsta bitch

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

This last episode brought a nagging issue to the forefront - Ryan Murphy resolves most storylines by killing the characters. He did this last season and he is doing it again this season. Sometimes death is an appropriate resolution to a storyline and sometimes it is "Oh shit, how do I finish this?", I suspect the latter for far too many of the stories. Yeah fine, it's a horror genre and most characters are meant to die, but it's not very rewarding for the viewer when it's the only denoument. This is stopping me from getting invested in a third season. I'll definitely watch but I'm not sure I will care as much.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

For me this season has deteriorated into a hot mess. Multiple times during an episode I find myself going WTF? and not in a good way.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Best episode of American Horror Story ever! That was an epic finale.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Kenny
Jan 23 2013, 11:02 PM
Best episode of American Horror Story ever! That was an epic finale.
Totally. Completely fucking awesome.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Dear god. That was a hot mess of a season. I'm still waiting to find out what the fuck those damn aliens were about. So.... essentially everybody dies -- the end. Hot. Fucking. Mess. Great acting all the way around all season, for sure, but HOT FUCKING MESS of a story.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Matt
Jan 23 2013, 11:31 PM
Dear god. That was a hot mess of a season. I'm still waiting to find out what the fuck those damn aliens were about. So.... essentially everybody dies -- the end. Hot. Fucking. Mess. Great acting all the way around all season, for sure, but HOT FUCKING MESS of a story.
Yeah I think I fall closer to this.

Great moments, amazing acting (especially Lily Rabe) but it lost all steam 3 weeks ago the moment she walked out the door. Aliens ... crap. Killing everyone off rather than giving them proper endings .... crap.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply