Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member suffering succotash in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
American Horror Story: Asylum
Topic Started: Sep 18 2012, 06:17 PM (5,937 Views)
aimees76
Member Avatar

I just watched it now and I have to say I came away from it thinking "that wasn't as scary as I expected". Last season's premiere gave me nightmares ... this was in no way close to that level of scary, but maybe I was just expecting it to be SO SCARY that it couldn't possibly live up to it? I don't know. I still really enjoyed the episode, and was slightly relieved that it wasn't SO SCARY (I don't like to have nightmares! lol). I'm not sure how I feel about the 5 minutes or so of present day barely intercut with all the past, but we'll see where they go with it. I truly was in awe (again) of both Jessica Lange and Evan Peters. Just wow. They are amazing.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

aimees76
Member Avatar

Holy FUCK.
THAT episode did me in. That might be the one this season that gives me bad dreams. But, WOW.
I suspected it was Dr. Thredson, too, but didn't fully feel it until he took Lana to his house. My hand was over my mouth from that point through the rest of the episode. I'm terrified to see what more is in store.

Agreed about Jessica Lange's performance. I thought the same thing throughout ... just flawless and spectacular. She is magnificent.

aimees76
Member Avatar

All I could think at the end of that episode was, Poor Lana!!! Unbelievable!

aimees76
Member Avatar

I think this season has been amazing. I just find myself sort of speechless after every episode and I have no idea where to begin with commentary, so I just don't. LOL.

aimees76
Member Avatar

^^^ Really?? I thought that episode was AMAZING!! I was kind of shocked by both deaths.

aimees76
Member Avatar

The performances this season just get better with every episode, I swear! Say what you will about the story lines, the ACTING this season has been beyond superb from absolutely everyone. As much as I loved Season 1, and thought it was definitely scarier, I think this season is superior in terms of storytelling, pacing, and performances.

aimees76
Member Avatar

Yeah, I wasn't crazy about this week's episode. It felt way too disconnected from last week's.

aimees76
Member Avatar

Holy balls!! I thought it was AMAZING!! That episode was phenomenal!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply