Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, September 21st Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Sep 20 2012, 01:33 PM (7,051 Views)
Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

nickyj12345
Sep 23 2012, 11:23 PM
The Room Stops
Sep 21 2012, 05:55 PM
Matt
Sep 21 2012, 01:03 PM
Marlena, honey, I seriously doubt you had time to worry about fraternity parties while you were in college. You were far too busy fucking your married Psych professor.
Quoted for truth! I wish these writers would remember that Marlena is a complex character, with a rich, long history to pull from. Like sleeping with her professor in college. She did have a relationship with him, did she not? And it wasn't technically said that he was married, was it? But still, Marlena Evans - not perfect at all. I wish they'd remember that flaws are GOOD.
When did she screw her married psych professor? I thought she was a virgin when she married Don Craig?... Was the psych professor Alex North?
He was part of her original backstory. I think the guy actually appeared on the show briefly in the 1970s probably around the time she was first involved with Don. I think it was later retconned/morphed into Alex North (much like Bill's Kate Winograd somehow became Kate Roberts, but they were never the same character).
Edited by Matt, Sep 23 2012, 11:57 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

nickyj12345
Sep 23 2012, 11:23 PM
When did she screw her married psych professor? I thought she was a virgin when she married Don Craig?... Was the psych professor Alex North?
It was part of the Don/Marlena storyline in the late 70s. Paul Whitman was his name. I believe he came to town to help after the whole Sam/Marlena debacle where Sam had Marlena committed to the sanitarium as her (Sam) and Marlena managed to eventually escape. Paul Whitman came to town (obviously as an obstacle for D&M at the time, they were on their road to serious coupledom) and it was revealed that he and Marlena had been romantically involved when she was in college. He stayed for a little while as Marlena worked out some left over feelings and eventually got back on the road to marriage, baby, his affair and divorce with Don.

Alex North was a total fabrication from A-Z and back again. We pretend he never existed, it's how we survive.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Lil
Member Avatar

Matt
Sep 21 2012, 03:47 PM
I love how that photograph that Nicole so wonderfully stomped on & smashed to bits yesterday seems to be back to its normal self & state in the Horton Living Room.
I noticed that too!!! LOL

Lil
Member Avatar

supercool74
Sep 21 2012, 03:52 PM
One of my favorite parts of today (besides the actual WilSon kiss) was when Sonny walks in and asks if he can talk to Will. Will looks at Marlena and just.....babbles. LOL He is trying to get out of it but nothing coherent actually comes out of his mouth. So funny. :lol:
I also loved the Marlena "Oooooh" with that "I know what's up here" look on her face. Marlena Will and Sonny were all very cute.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply