Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Jen Caught Snooping; Airs the week of September 24th
Topic Started: Sep 20 2012, 06:14 PM (4,363 Views)
Ashtonion
Member Avatar
Mmm....

Is it bad that I find it hilarious that no one likes Jen Jen anymore or as one of my homegirls called her recently, "Jenny from the Horton Block"? LMAO. I find it hilarious that this beloved character who was 1/2 of a super couple has fallen from grace, because I feel like all they have done over the years is pimp her and throw Jack to the wolves. I'd take Jack back any day and Jenny can go have her teenage fantasy dream of getting the hunky jock Doc.
Offline Profile Goto Top

camera shy

They could have kepted Jack on to represent the press in Salem and Abby could have worked for him. I found it odd that the mayor of Salem was accused of murdering his crime lord father, then went on the run with the chief of police's daughter and we didn't hear a wimper from the press. And Salem is sorely lack lawyers all we really have is Justin.....EJ doesn't really count. Honestly, TomSell move from this EJ/Sami/Rafe triangle that's not really a triangle because it's clear Sami and Rafe want one another and flesh out Salem and bring your city to life with vibrant, interesting stories we haven't seen yet.
Offline Profile Goto Top

bomber
Member Avatar

Ashtonion
Sep 23 2012, 01:35 PM
Is it bad that I find it hilarious that no one likes Jen Jen anymore or as one of my homegirls called her recently, "Jenny from the Horton Block"? LMAO. I find it hilarious that this beloved character who was 1/2 of a super couple has fallen from grace, because I feel like all they have done over the years is pimp her and throw Jack to the wolves. I'd take Jack back any day and Jenny can go have her teenage fantasy dream of getting the hunky jock Doc.
The sad thing is that the writers didn't mean to destroy her! They actually thought they were keeping her in character. To be honest I don't think she can ever be redeemed unless they do bring Jack back and she does the running after him. Even if she saves a boatload of children and their puppies, people will just be angry that she couldn't give Jack the same support and compassion.
Unfortunately for Jenn the higher your pedestal the further you fall.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Romancer66

bomber
Sep 23 2012, 02:24 PM
Ashtonion
The sad thing is that the writers didn't mean to destroy her! They actually thought they were keeping her in character. To be honest I don't think she can ever be redeemed unless they do bring Jack back and she does the running after him. Even if she saves a boatload of children and their puppies, people will just be angry that she couldn't give Jack the same support and compassion.
And the higher you build someone else's pedestal, the further they fall too. Jen-Jen's whining this week about how she wanted everyone to be perfect and wonderful and never to disappoint her had me rolling my eyes for more than one reason. First because it's such a juvenile expectation to have, more in keeping with a child or an airheaded teenager with no life experience than a woman of 40+ with a long-term marriage to a man who was a walking study in shades of gray, two children, and plenty of exposure to the fact that people aren't perfect and neither is the world they live in. And after all this time, Jen-Jen is finally realizing how unfair and demanding her expectations of perfection are--and all because Dr. Douche porked Nicole and lied about some DNA test results? GMAB!

Second, what about the ways in which Jennifer has disappointed people? What about the ways she fell short or failed to come through for them in their time of need? What gives her the right to demand perfection from others and judge them harshly for not living up to that standard when she herself has let people--most notably, her PTSD-stricken husband--down?

I just can't like, respect, or even have much interest in a character who's so incapable of self-examination, reflection, or growth. And I despise the shallow, fickle, self-absorbed, self-righteous twat Jennifer has become in her third run. I know I'm not the first to state this, but the wrong Deveraux died.
Edited by Romancer66, Sep 23 2012, 04:02 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

camera shy
Sep 23 2012, 12:11 PM
LanaluvsBroe
Sep 23 2012, 11:44 AM
Changing Johnny's paternity is completely unnecessary. EJ is the only father he has ever known. EJ was the one by his side when he lost his eye. Changing his father now would serve only to hurt the child. I love Lucas, but EJ has been a great father to Johnny. Plus what purpose would it really serve? EJ would still be tied to Sami with Sydney.
It's not real life. No child is going to be hurt by changing the paterntiy. It's about storyline. There's a hell of a lot storyline in Johnny not being EJ's and Nicole having the true DiMera male heir. And it doesn't have to be about undoing EJ and Sami having children together, Sydney can stay theirs. Although, Nicole was staying with Sami when Rafe took the toothbrush to prove maternity...........just saying. :D
We'll have to agree to disagree because I do believe that little Johnny would have got hurt. And a talented writer could write drama without resorting to paternity changes. There's been too many paternity switches in the last few years, at this point it's getting tiresome.
Edited by LanaluvsBroe, Sep 23 2012, 04:30 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Courtneya6688
Member Avatar

I agree i think they should leave paternity alone if any kid gets switched i could go for sydole no matter how farfetched it would be
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

Romancer66
Sep 23 2012, 02:56 PM
bomber
Sep 23 2012, 02:24 PM
Ashtonion
And the higher you build someone else's pedestal, the further they fall too. Jen-Jen's whining this week about how she wanted everyone to be perfect and wonderful and never to disappoint her had me rolling my eyes for more than one reason. First because it's such a juvenile expectation to have, more in keeping with a child or an airheaded teenager with no life experience than a woman of 40+ with a long-term marriage to a man who was a walking study in shades of gray, two children, and plenty of exposure to the fact that people aren't perfect and neither is the world they live in. And after all this time, Jen-Jen is finally realizing how unfair and demanding her expectations of perfection are--and all because Dr. Douche porked Nicole and lied about some DNA test results? GMAB!

Second, what about the ways in which Jennifer has disappointed people? What about the ways she fell short or failed to come through for them in their time of need? What gives her the right to demand perfection from others and judge them harshly for not living up to that standard when she herself has let people--most notably, her PTSD-stricken husband--down?

I just can't like, respect, or even have much interest in a character who's so incapable of self-examination, reflection, or growth. And I despise the shallow, fickle, self-absorbed, self-righteous twat Jennifer has become in her third run. I know I'm not the first to state this, but the wrong Deveraux died.
What if Jennifer comment about wanting people to be perfect and wonder and not disappoint her are indeed about her feeling about how she feels about jack, but perhaps she realizes that Daniel has done the exact same thing to her.

Jack was far from perfect, Jennifer knew that and time and time she took him back.... and no there is Daniel who has gone and done something that doesn't measure up to her standards, so he is now not as "perfect" as she thought. IMO it would give growth to their relationship... really how is Jennifer going to look past his invovlement with Nicole's paternity thing, hiding the truth from EJ and sleeping with her... no excuses should fix her POV.
Offline Profile Goto Top

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I like this.

Jen tries to do one thing on her own in, what, a decade (I'm excluding the election)- snoop- and she can't even pull that off. It's kind of awesome what a colossal fuckup she is.
Offline Profile Goto Top

BigFat Irish Head
Member Avatar

BeeBee
Sep 21 2012, 01:24 AM
Angie79
Sep 20 2012, 06:14 PM
Jennifer lets Nicole know that she wants her out of the Horton house after the baby is born. Nicole responds by once again reminding Jennifer how close she and Daniel have gotten.

Ari says, "Jennifer doesn't believe that Daniel is actually into Nicole. She thinks that Nicole did something to make Daniel want to be with her."

At the hospital, Jennifer researches DNA labs. She wants to find proof that Nicole is using her pregnancy to manipulate Daniel. Her plan backfires when Daniel catches her digging into medical files. He is worried that Jennifer is getting close to uncovering that truth and warns her to back off. Jennifer agrees to stop, but once she is alone she resumes her investigation.

Nicole isn't aware of what Jennifer is doing, but sees Jennifer as trying to sabotage her and Daniel's relationship for her own selfish needs. Ari says, "It only adds to Nicole's stress, especially because EJ is also prying."
If Nicole wants to drive a wedge between Jennifer and Daniel,why doesn't Nicole just tell Daniel that Jennifer wants her out of her house?
What could Jennifer find in a medical file that would show that Nicole is manipulating Daniel? What could Jennifer do with whatever she finds that would expose Nicole,help Daniel,and not result in her getting fired/sued for violating patient privacy rights?This appears to be stupid and Jennifer continues to be the most repulsive character on the show.Jennifer,leave the damn files alone and check on your daughter.
This.

Only caregivers and staff directly involved in a patient's care are allowed access to a patient's private medical information/records. Information is no longer even released to family members without express permission of the patient, or unless they have been documented as the patient's health care proxy.

Emphasis on health information privacy (also known as HIPPA) is HUGE during orientation to a new position in a hospital or health care setting. Employees also are required to participate in regular ongoing education about HIPPA. Jennifer should be well aware of this.

Not only should Jennifer get fired for snooping, but she opens herself up to huge civil and/or criminal penalties. She could be subjected to large fines, imprisonment, or both.

"Criminal Penalties. A person who knowingly obtains or discloses individually identifiable health information in violation of the Privacy Rule may face a criminal penalty of up to $50,000 and up to one-year imprisonment. The criminal penalties increase to $100,000 and up to five years imprisonment if the wrongful conduct involves false pretenses, and to $250,000 and up to 10 years imprisonment if the wrongful conduct involves the intent to sell, transfer, or use identifiable health information for commercial advantage, personal gain or malicious harm. The Department of Justice is responsible for criminal prosecutions under the Privacy Rule."

http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/understanding/summary/index.html

It doesn't matter what Jennifer suspects. It's not her place to go snooping. If she feels that strongly about it, she should bring her concerns to someone appropriate such as Kayla, or the hospital's legal counsel. But she's only interested in protecting Daniel and sweeping whatever he did under the carpet so that Nicole alone has to face consequences.

Ugh. Daniel is a big boy and chose to get involved in this mess. He is not a victim here. Jennifer should mind her own damn business.

Offline Profile Goto Top

Evan
Member Avatar

Jennifer should be mourning her husband, and perhaps spending some time with her son.
Here's an idea for DAYS: why not cast Jack Jnr?
Offline Profile Goto Top

bomber
Member Avatar

Evan
Sep 25 2012, 08:34 AM
Jennifer should be mourning her husband, and perhaps spending some time with her son.
As long as they don't call him Jack. If they do that, I think the chances of MA coming back are zero.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

Courtneya6688
Sep 21 2012, 07:54 AM
I agree if the show wants to make jennifer go off the rails then so be it but really for her to not just play god with nicoles life but her innocent babies is sick
Nicole is being a bitch to Jennifer not the other way around. WOW!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Romancer66

Kevin_Buchanan
Sep 25 2012, 03:05 PM
Courtneya6688
Sep 21 2012, 07:54 AM
I agree if the show wants to make jennifer go off the rails then so be it but really for her to not just play god with nicoles life but her innocent babies is sick
Nicole is being a bitch to Jennifer not the other way around. WOW!
They're both being bitches to each other. Jen-Jen invited Nicole to live with her because of her high-risk pregnancy but shows no concern for that condition because she's continually picking fights with and hurling accusations at her about manipulating Poor Defenseless Daniel, who by the way chose to get involved in Nicole's situation.. And Nicole is giving it right back and manipulating Abigail into the bargain--though frankly, she doesn't have to twist the truth that much because Jennifer is an over the top ragemonster right now. Both are them are twits driven by neediness, desperation, and jealousy over the other's relationship with Dr. Douche--one of the shallowest, most worthless guys to come down the pike in forever. A plague on all their houses!
Offline Profile Goto Top

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Evan
Sep 25 2012, 08:34 AM
...He'd likely end up bonding with Daniel. I'm cool imagining him off in the UK with Chelsea, having all kinds of fantastic adventures.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic