Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
TV Guide Magazine Exclusive: Y&R Head Writer Josh Griffith
Topic Started: Sep 24 2012, 09:13 AM (4,609 Views)
lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

Quote:

When I first saw what had been done to the character I went, "Whoa!"<NO SHIT!

So far some of what Josh had to say sounds great but I still need to see it all play out I really like Jill and Mrs C. rival being revised yet showing they care a great deal about the other... No Mention of Tristan Rogers in this interview.

Jack has been shot and paralyzed not understanding the surgery bit and if they're rebuilding Abbott's why isn't Traci mention? I'm assuming Kyle is staying. I really don't care for the Dude that play' him he sounds like a game of Pokemon anyhow Hopefully this also means Killer Miller won't leave.

ALL The Newman shit sounds basically the same so we shall see how that comes across w/ different writers.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

iverson3ai1
Member Avatar

How can he say that abby isnt an intergral character like he said she is a abbot and a newman and last time i checked abbott's and the newmans are intergral to the show. now granted Marcy Ryan wasnt given very good story lines but still she is an intergral part/character of the show. I hope he at least will recast abby and give her some interesting storylines use your imagination. I mean you are bring in a character related to sarge i like him but how is he intergral to the show.

as in given a budget why doesnt jg take less money and use it toward the show.

I kind of like of what I am reading but really not liking some of the decisions on the characters being released.

If daniel and billy leave I hope they recast both characters even though i couldnt see anyone else playing them.

I hope they recast heather too she is important to the paul storyline and I hope he doesnt get fired/axed plus I think there could be an interesting sl with heather.

I am glad he agrees ashley shouldnt have been cut I hope she is willing to comeback I loved her and she shouldnt have been fired in the first place.

I will be very interested in seeing phyllis and jack back together.

I know everyone thinks it could be adam that saves Sharon maybe it is nick.

Could we see a Shick reunion?

Only1Way
Member Avatar

As for the cougar part, I don't think MS liked the shit on her script plate anymore than Sharon or any other suffering actor.

Checkers
Member Avatar

So I'm guessing Chelsea is dunzo.

LPS
Member Avatar

Excuse me but Stafford loved the cougar shit. She still has it in her head that she's in her late 20s. She was all over twitter talking about how her sex scenes with JB and JM were so real and she wanted to go all out and blah blah blah. This was when she was freaking out on people commenting on her age and she would troll on twitter bitching people out on twitter who said Phonan was gross. Jack and Neil are the only men in her age group...it was a good move, IMO.

Abby wasn't necessary. She never had a storyline and it was because of constraints due to the fact she was a Newman AND an Abbott. Who is left for her? Kevin?

We also don't need the return of Heather. That character had so many revamps. I say ditch Paul or bring back RICKY. He was the best new character in a long time.

I think Chelsea is safe. Didn't JG claim they were giving the axe a rest? ANOTHER time Nelson was wrong (I love pointing that out, lol).
Edited by LPS, Sep 24 2012, 12:40 PM.

Checkers
Member Avatar

Looks like they are heading back to Sharon/Adam. What are they gonna do with Chelsea? Put her with Nick?

LPS
Member Avatar

Checkers
Sep 24 2012, 12:48 PM
Looks like they are heading back to Sharon/Adam. What are they gonna do with Chelsea? Put her with Nick?
Neil? Paul? Lol

lightandday
Member Avatar

LPS
Sep 24 2012, 12:38 PM
Abby wasn't necessary. She never had a storyline and it was because of constraints due to the fact she was a Newman AND an Abbott. Who is left for her? Kevin?
YO`FUCK ABBY!

Quote:

We also don't need the return of Heather. That character had so many revamps. I say ditch Paul or bring back RICKY. He was the best new character in a long time.

If ain't Vail I say leave it alone, I don't wanna see Paul go anywhere and by all means get Peter Porte back the man can ACT his ass off.

Quote:

I think Chelsea is safe. Didn't JG claim they were giving the axe a rest? ANOTHER time Nelson was wrong (I love pointing that out, lol). < :lol:
I'm not certain about that "Axe a rest" thing let's keep in mind J.Fuck'emUp Phelps is in the building.

Checkers
Member Avatar

JFP also said some nice things about GF in her first interview and then she was cut. Chelsea not being mentioned, I don't think that is a good sign. Her whole story revolves around Adam and if he's going back to his dark roots. I don't know where that leaves her.
Edited by Checkers, Sep 24 2012, 01:14 PM.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

Was Sony the one who kind of forced ED's hand to return to Days? If they give her a little while on Days, could they do the same thing to get her back to Y & R?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Sounds promising, as much as Phelps interview did. I hope they have what it takes to make Y&R great again.

The right characters are being removed from the show. Even Abby. Ashley isn't around, and I never ever bought her strong Newman connection. Biology be damned, that girl is an Abbott and CARLTON. With Ashley gone, I say give the character a rest for a while. If they find an opportunity to bring her back, do that, but with a new actress. Maybe one that isn't in her 30s!

I do think Heather could have a place on the show. With the right actress. And right story/pairing. That isn't with Daniel though. Something seriously needs to be done with that character, and I wish the interview touched upon what Griffin's plans are for Daniel. Is Graziadei staying? If so, it's time to really define the character and stick with it. If Graziadei insists on looking like this dirty rocker, take advantage of that and have him start singing again. We know he has the voice. He used to sing on the show, or at least play the guitar. I can't remember specifically.

I'm liking what I'm hearing about the investment in Neil that seems to be present. And it sounds like they're planning diversify Genoa City more by bringing on Latinos. One could only hope that means David Lago returning as Raul. Can't he have a little sister/cousin they can pair up with Noah?

With what sounds like Phyllis and Jack getting involved again, I hope that means the end of Phick once and for all. Griffin said a love story will be at the center of Sharon's downfall/resurrection and I pray that love story is with Nicholas. Reunite those two already! I'll never understand why no one sees the importance of the pairing. They lasted over ten freaking years! In soaps, that's saying something. Nick and Sharon belong together, just as much as Victor and Nikki.

LPS
Member Avatar

MG can sing and play the guitrar? Are you thinking of JT?

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

LPS
Sep 24 2012, 01:27 PM
MG can sing and play the guitrar? Are you thinking of JT?
I know JT did, but didn't Daniel as well? For some reason, I'm recalling Graziadei's early days on the show, playing a guitar and singing, perhaps. Between his crush on Mackenzie and things starting between him and Lily. Hmm. Maybe I'm getting things confused.

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

JFP is also revamping Y&R's directing technique and entire lighting design.

Some rumours are going around that part of Sharon's mental breakdown involves torching the Newman ranch.

I bet JFP would really love to produce that...

Queen B
Member Avatar

Y&RWorldTurner
Sep 24 2012, 01:57 PM
JFP is also revamping Y&R's directing technique and entire lighting design.

Some rumours are going around that part of Sharon's mental breakdown involves torching the Newman ranch.

I bet JFP would really love to produce that...
Now that would be FUCKING brilliant! That would be the best way to show the last little bit of crazy Sharon before they put her on the road to redemption. I would love for them to go all out with this. MAB took it there, and now JG can take it all the way

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

I'm all for a love story for Sharon but it better NOT be Shadam. I'm actually hopeful that its Shick, we haven't had any Shick for soooo long, its unfair!!! If the reason for her problems relate to Cassie's death then it would make sense for it to be Nick. :wub: :wub: If not, someone new pls?

Hmm Phack? maybe that'll lead to Summer being an Abbott! hehe

The rest of the plan sounds pretty good, like the show is getting back on track. I just hope they manage to put some intelligence back into these characters.

Checkers
Member Avatar

OMG! That would be insane if Sharon burned down the ranch. I want something like this.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

That's so sweet of my girl to remodel the ranch. It needs a new look.

Posted Image

lightandday
Member Avatar

LMFAO! :blulaugh: Having Sharon do a "Bernadine's Harris Rage" would be the ULTIMATE!

Did anybody else notice Lauren and Michael missing from this interview?

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

lightandday
Sep 24 2012, 02:26 PM
Did anybody else notice Lauren and Michael missing from this interview?
Good, they'e boring as fuck.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Babyphick84
Sep 24 2012, 01:30 PM
I read that Phick fans may not be happy in the next few months from now & I read that Phick is going to have a major blowup that is coming out of Phyllis trial & when Phyllis is down & out she going to get help from a old friend Jack to find her straight & dignity back
That's exactly what it said in the article that was posted.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply