Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Blake Berris Interview with BuzzWorthy Radio
Topic Started: Sep 25 2012, 08:18 PM (1,287 Views)
NavJLee8785
Member Avatar
Always the Panic Spreader

http://rdsn.net/buzz/2012/09/20/podcast-451-blake-berris-of-nbcs-days-of-our-lives/

Blake Berris has recently returned to NBC Daytime’s “Days of our Lives” as Nick Fallon after a three-year absence. The character was sentenced to prison after harassing Melanie (Molly Burnett) and was up for parole, and was released. Now that the character is back in Salem, what does that mean for Melanie, Chad (Casey Deidrick) and others? We caught up with Blake and asked what was it like to be back after being away for three years:

“It’s great. Things are actually, in a lot ways, better than they were back when I was there the first time. I think the writing is at an all time best for the show. I feel like I am reaping the benefit of that with the way they are writing my character, Nick. It’s been a blast. I love my storyline, we have some great new cast members, and some of the great old ones also. It’s been a real treat to be back.”

Berris spoke about how has prison changed the character of Nick:

“He did some really heinous things before he left. I think that has been weighing on him night and day for the years that he has been in prison. I think there is an immense amount of guilt for what he did. He, in all respect, is trying to atone for what he did. That said, I think that he is a complex character and I think there is darkness in him and there is a lot of light as well. It’s going to be interesting to see the way that he navigates his way through the world of Salem.”

One of the aspects on daytime soaps, especially for the younger set, is that they need a love interest. We toyed with Blake on the possibility if he will have one soon:

“There’s somethin’ somethin’ coming up! Nick needs it, believe me! After three years in prison? (laughs)”

While Nick may be trying to find his way back in Salem, Blake certainly has kept himself busy by doing a couple of Indie films such as “Meth Head” and “House of Last Things.” We spoke to him about what those films were about:

“‘Meth Head’ is about a guy who gets addicted to meth. I play the guy who introduces him to meth. A great actor, Lucas Haas, who many probably know from the movie, ‘Witness,’ and I think he is on the FOX show, ‘Touch,’ and I get him addicted to meth. We become good friends and he moves into this flop house where there is kind of a family of people with various problems. Some have drug problems, some do not. We form this family of our own separate from his boyfriend and his immediate family. The drugs basically send us on some adventures and misadventures, and we divulge into a lot of bad stuff. It’s a very intense film, probably hard to watch in a lot of ways, but also has humor, it’s exciting, and some of the best acting. I am really excited for people to see it.”

He later described “House of Last Things:"

“‘House of Last Things’ was awesome for me because there is a supernatural element to it. My character has a really big transformation. I started out as this Portland trash dude whose girlfriend is house-sitting this house, and I just want to smoke, drink, and have sex around the house. Slowly, the house starts transforming us. I got to craft an awesome art for me as an actor because you got to go from A to Z. I’m excited for people to see that one, too.”

To download the full podcast where Blake Berris talks about the fan event at Mohegan Sun, working with new cast members, and more, click the player below article.

"House of Last Things" Trailer: http://youtu.be/BNI8KCMBRUQ

Interview link: http://www.buzzworthyradio.net/podcasts/blakeberris.mp3
Edited by NavJLee8785, Sep 25 2012, 08:20 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

Quote:

It's great. Things are actually, in a lot ways, better than they were back when I was there the first time. I think the writing is at an all time best for the show."

This is where I stopped reading. :drunk:

I really like BB though. I'm glad he's still with the show after what we thought would be a shorter amount of time. Thanks for posting!
Edited by Spencer Hastings, Sep 25 2012, 08:39 PM.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Quote:

I think the writing is at an all time best for the show.

I love Blake but.... :bs:

ChampagneRiver
Member Avatar

Let's face it--for most of these people "good writing" is code for "I'm getting LOTS of airtime!"

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

LanaluvsBroe
Sep 25 2012, 09:36 PM
Quote:

I think the writing is at an all time best for the show.

I love Blake but.... :bs:
no kidding. no way is this Melanie/Chad/Gabi/Nick crap better than Chelsea/Nick/Abby/Max/Mel/Steph!!

ScorpioQueen
Member Avatar

Well I like Nick, and I didn't the last time around, nor the teen set at that time. Actually Gabi/Nick are the only thing I'm loving about the show right now.

granolagirl
Member Avatar
Not here for St. Jack of the Immaculate Redemption

The writing for Nick was really uneven last time. Sheffer may have given him some stronger character moments, but his arc was all over the place even before the writhing changes. Coming out of jail, he has a strong foundation as a character -- if Tomlin gives him some consistency, I'm not at all surprised he would think it was better.

specialcases
Member Avatar
your own "personal" Jesus

Thanks Nav!! I am dying to see Meth Head, it looks good!

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Blake like most of the other actors is probably just really, really happy to have a steady job these days, and to be getting a lot of airtime right now. So while I'll take any BS with a grain of salt, I don't blame him for saying it. No shrewd person is going to bite the hand that feeds them.

Thanks for sharing this and the other interviews!

Evan
Member Avatar

Blake Berris's return is the saving grace of this new era of DAYS for me - terrific actor, and rather hot too. B-)

LucasHortonFan
Please write 4 Bryan Dattilo, Give him a love interest.

All time best writing? Is he acting on the same show we are watching? I love Blake to death, but ya know, that last bit is to much to swallow. Just how stupid to the writers think the fans are anyways? They must also thing we are blind as well!

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Gotta tow that party line...............

Evan
Member Avatar

Of course!
The actors have to sell the writing, no matter how much it sucks.
I'd do the same if I were them, in this economic climate.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply