Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Big Brother Canada - Season 1
Topic Started: Sep 26 2012, 03:38 PM (565 Views)
Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Thought I would start a thread for Big Brother Canada for people to post any rumours/news ect...here is the latest information.

NEWS
-Premieres February 19, 2013 on Canadian TV network SLICE (same network that was airing BBUSA Afterdark for Canadians)
-Three, hour long shows a week, 2 taped, 1 LIVE eviction episode (same format as BBUSA)
-Casting calls taking place in Vancouver (Sep 23), Calgary (Sep 30), Halifax (Oct 7), Montreal (Oct 7) and Toronto (Oct 14).
-There will be 24/7 unedited live feeds
-Big Brother house being constructed in Toronto as we speak, will be similar to the BBUSA house in design with outdoor/indoor areas.
-Game format will mirror the BBUSA format (Veto, Have/Have Not, HOH, Diary Room, Food/Luxury Challenges, 7 person jury ect)
-Casting is being done by same casting for BBUSA, Robyn Kass.
-Production is Endemol USA & InSight Productions. Alison Grodner is not part of the production for BB Canada. John Brunton has been announced as executive producer.

RUMORS
-Will Kirby may be involved in the show in some form (maybe hosting, maybe houseguest, its all speculation at this point), based one of his recent tweets
Quote:

May be part of @BigBrotherCA this year but producers better make a legit cash offer - I do not accept maple syrup, hockey pucks and loonies!
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Sep 26 2012, 03:42 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

Mitchapalooza
Sep 26 2012, 03:38 PM
Alison Grodner is not part of the production for BB Canada.
:hail:

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

According to JokerUpdates, BBCanada is going to be given the same forum listing (Updates/Discussion/Media/N&R ect) as done for BBUSA...it is also being rumored that the live feeds will be available to US citizens and that the show may even be carried on a cable network in the US.

No word on what the cost of the live feeds will be, or if there will even be a fee at this point. Until a distribution carrier is announced, we won't know for sure.

No word if Real/SuperPass will be in charge of the Live Feed distribution, but since Endemol USA is one of the producers of the show, it is highly likely this will be the case.

No word yet if Big Brother Canada is going to have a daily "After Dark" supplementary program, like BBUSA has.
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Sep 26 2012, 03:49 PM.

Edge1978
Member Avatar

It would be fantastic if we can view the show on a cable network in the US! I won't have to wait as long until the next installment LOL

King
Member Avatar

It would be great if there was a way to watch it online live...like a feed...if we don't get it somewhere here.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

King
Sep 26 2012, 04:11 PM
It would be great if there was a way to watch it online live...like a feed...if we don't get it somewhere here.
If it is not available in the US I am sure justintv.com will be providing a LIVE link to the Canadian broadcasts.

King
Member Avatar

That would be great.

Like two BB's in one year! Yippee!

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

I still would have liked the UK format, but it will be interesting to see this version without Grodner's hand in the mix.

I'm not to worried about it being on Slice TV. They did a great job with Real Housewives of Vancouver.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

I really hate the Feb start date though. I really wanted to apply, but since it is during the school year I can't :(

King
Member Avatar

RHOVancouver was amazing.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Excited for this! I know there are ways I will be able to watch but it would be nice if a cable station aired this. I can't even think of which one would though. I'm just glad Grodner isn't involved. Will as the host would be awesome.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

KMan101
Sep 27 2012, 12:05 PM
Excited for this! I know there are ways I will be able to watch but it would be nice if a cable station aired this. I can't even think of which one would though. I'm just glad Grodner isn't involved. Will as the host would be awesome.
Maybe Showtime 2 will pick it up?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply