Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of October 8th; *updated 10/5*
Topic Started: Sep 27 2012, 12:04 AM (49,770 Views)
deletemyaccountplease

the point is it is contrived. and even if ericole has natural chemistry, it will be shoved down our throats so much that we might not even like them together. we'll see. can't get any cheesier than safe running at each other when they could've just called each other on their cell phone
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

lumifan4life
Oct 4 2012, 11:42 AM
Actually Eric and Nicole have a history together so it wouldn't be like 2 people meeting for the first time and love at first sight at all. Ericole were in love and both were each other's first love. There is plenty of history to draw from there so it would be nothing like the other instant, manufactured romances we've seen lately.
Maybe their love story was good back 10-12 years ago and from what I remember they weren't even together that long, but this is current Days we are talking about, under the current writing I expect Eric and Nicole to instantly fall back in love with a lot of scarves and cheese to boot. :shame:

Anyways pretty much all the current romances on this show are forced. I don't see why anyone would expect Ericole to be written any differently.
Quote Post Goto Top

lumifan4life

Hopeless_Dreamer
Oct 4 2012, 11:50 AM
lumifan4life
Actually Eric and Nicole have a history together so it wouldn't be like 2 people meeting for the first time and love at first sight at all. Ericole were in love and both were each other's first love. There is plenty of history to draw from there so it would be nothing like the other instant, manufactured romances we've seen lately.
Maybe their love story was good back 10-12 years ago and from what I remember they weren't even together that long, but this is current Days we are talking about, under the current writing I expect Eric and Nicole to instantly fall back in love with a lot of scarves and cheese to boot. :shame:

Anyways pretty much all the current romances on this show are forced. I don't see why anyone would expect Ericole to be written any differently.
Yes but my point was in comparison to Ejaylor which was in fact a love at first sight type instant attraction, manufactured pairing it seems. Ericole is not and will not be like that even if they do fall in love in the span of 2 weeks, lol. Fact is no matter who is writing now, Eric and Nicole have a history together and that will be addressed I am sure. They were in love whether it was 5, 10, 15, or 25 years ago is irrelevant. Sure Tomlin likes to tweak things to fit his agenda but just like Ejole were a couple, so were Ericole back in the day. And there is no denying that or erasing it no matter how much some people may not like it. And that's what makes them different than other love at first sight, manufactured pairings.
Edited by lumifan4life, Oct 4 2012, 12:02 PM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

lumifan4life
Oct 4 2012, 12:01 PM
Hopeless_Dreamer
lumifan4life

Yes but my point was in comparison to Ejaylor which was in fact a love at first sight type instant attraction, manufactured pairing it seems. Ericole is not and will not be like that even if they do fall in love in the span of 2 weeks, lol. Fact is no matter who is writing now, Eric and Nicole have a history together and that will be addressed I am sure. They were in love whether it was 5, 10, 15, or 25 years ago is irrelevant. Sure Tomlin likes to tweak things to fit his agenda but just like Ejole were a couple, so were Ericole back in the day. And there is no denying that or erasing it no matter how much some people many not like it. And that's what makes them different than a love at first sight, manufactured love story.
Even if a couple does have history it doesn't mean that the writing won't be forced and contrived. The fact that they are pretty much throwing all of Nicole's pairings under the bus and killing off Nicole's kid again so she doesn't have connections to anyone else tell me all I need to know.

We will just have to agree to disagree. :)
Quote Post Goto Top

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

camera shy
Oct 4 2012, 11:19 AM
esp13
Oct 4 2012, 11:15 AM
Luvmydays
Oct 4 2012, 11:14 AM
Courtneya6688
Oct 4 2012, 10:30 AM
Referring to the spoiler about stefeno taking nicoles baby i think thats a lot of fan speculation. And even i speculated that this may be the case a couple weeks ago but it seems pretty written in stone that the baby is actually dead
It's on Days Cafe
And there is a reason those spoilers are not posted here.
Why is that? Is it because nothing they post comes true?
There are not really that reliable, but some things came to pass.

lumifan4life

Hopeless_Dreamer
Oct 4 2012, 12:07 PM
lumifan4life
Hopeless_Dreamer
lumifan4life

Yes but my point was in comparison to Ejaylor which was in fact a love at first sight type instant attraction, manufactured pairing it seems. Ericole is not and will not be like that even if they do fall in love in the span of 2 weeks, lol. Fact is no matter who is writing now, Eric and Nicole have a history together and that will be addressed I am sure. They were in love whether it was 5, 10, 15, or 25 years ago is irrelevant. Sure Tomlin likes to tweak things to fit his agenda but just like Ejole were a couple, so were Ericole back in the day. And there is no denying that or erasing it no matter how much some people many not like it. And that's what makes them different than a love at first sight, manufactured love story.
Even if a couple does have history it doesn't mean that the writing won't be forced and contrived. The fact that they are pretty much throwing all of Nicole's pairings under the bus and killing off Nicole's kid again so she doesn't have connections to anyone else tell me all I need to know.
lol well at least Nicole's relationships are being thrown away for a pairing that has history as opposed to a brand new pairing coming out of left field. Trust me some of us have already been there where the story made even less sense so welcome to the club. ;)

Deleted User
Deleted User

lumifan4life
Oct 4 2012, 12:18 PM
Hopeless_Dreamer
Oct 4 2012, 12:07 PM
lumifan4life
Hopeless_Dreamer

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
lol well at least Nicole's relationships are being thrown away for a pairing that has history as opposed to a brand new pairing coming out of left field. Trust me some of us have already been there where the story made even less sense so welcome to the club. ;)
Haha thanks. :cheers:

ITA. Even though Ericole has history, one half is going to be played by a completely different actor and the character hasn't been on screen in 10-12 years, they should take their time with things, throwing away other popular pairings to bank on one being successful is not ever a smart move. But can't say I'm surprised.
Quote Post Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

I'm hopeful that Eric being a priest is a sign that the writers are committed to spend a long time reconnecting ericole before starting a romance. There's no reason to put that barrier in place, then have Nicole popping his collar a couple of months into the story. And at least they actually chem tested GV and AZ beforehand, unlike what happened with NL and JS. Plus, AZ can generate chemistry with nearly everyone, so this just might work out.

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

Courtneya6688
Oct 3 2012, 03:58 PM
In a soap any thing is possible but i really do believe nicoles baby is dead no matter how much i want him to turn up alive
I have to agree, I don't see it being alive. If you are not Tomlin's pet,then you are pretty much screwed. :shame:

vinnmerc
Member Avatar

Angie79
Sep 27 2012, 12:04 AM
Monday ("Nicole's Tragic News")
Daniel tells Jennifer that he is going to quit his job; Rafe is conflicted about telling Sami the truth about the paternity of Nicole's baby.

Tuesday ("Bo's Plan")
Sami and Rafe forgive one another and decide to move forward with their relationship.

Wednesday ("Jennifer's Plan")
Jennifer is determined to stop Nicole from hurting Daniel; Bo worries about his mother's mental state.

Thursday ("Nicole's Accident")
Jennifer causes Nicole to take a terrible fall; Stefano meets with Kristen in Europe.

Friday ("Nicole Gives Birth")
Nicole blames Jennifer for her stillborn child; John and Marlena are thrilled that Sami and Rafe are dating.

**UPDATED 9/27**

National Enquirer Spoilers
-Things are really starting to sizzle between Sami and Rafe.
-Stefano decides to reach out to EJ.
-Abigail utterly blasts Chad for his recent actions.
-Caroline's condition continues to worsen.
-Victor confronts Daniel about the decisions he's been making.
-John and Marlena are growing closer than ever.

**UPDATED 10/2**

Taking the fall.

Sami agrees to support Rafe, whether or not he really is the father of Nicole’s baby. They agree to have a fresh start and promise each other absolute honesty. They go back to where they had their first date and wax nostalgic. After they arrange a date for the evening, they bump into Elvis and the three of them yell at each other. They’re used to this so they go off on their date like nothing has happened. Soon, they bump into John and Marlena, who are very happy to see them together again.

Daniel turns to Victor for advice about how to be a godfather. Then he turns to Jenn and informs her that she doesn’t need to leave the hospital because he’s quitting. He refuses to explain anything about Nicole’s situation and angrily tells her to stay out of this. Meanwhile, after losing her baby, Nicole is a wreck. Seeing Daniel with Jenn only makes it a million times worse. She goes into denial, destroying her medical records and then parading baby clothes around town. She has to face the facts when she bumps into Rafe. She’s about to tell him everything when Sami interrupts. Nic mopes away and runs into Daniel.

The doctor has decided that running off to Utah with her sounds amazing. She decides to keep the baby’s death from him so she’ll have a shot at a future with him. As she’s packing, Jenn shows up and vows to stop her from making a life with Daniel. Nicole becomes an emotional wreck and storms out as Brady arrives. Jenn angrily proclaims that she’s going to stop Nicole. Nic tries getting Daniel to leave that night but he can’t move that quick and points out that she needs an obgyn’s okay before going anywhere. She flips out and stalks off, ready to gut Jenn with a blade.

The ladies fight and Nic winds up tumbling down one of the deadly stairways of Salem just as Billie and Brady arrive. Jenn feels bad as the cops arrive and Nicole is taken to the hospital. She gives birth to a stillborn. Daniel arrives and Nicole puts the blame squarely on Jenn. Brady backs that up and the Horton is arrested for murder.

Bo tells Hope that he wants to sail around the world. When she checks the port map, she notices that everywhere he plans to go is connected to the DiMeras. He runs off to tell his Ma. Caroline tries to be enthusiastic. Hope’s been trying that too but Marlena notices she’s failing. That’s enough to push Hope to admitting to her husband that she isn’t ready to set sail. He agrees and explains that he’s been noticing that his Ma doesn’t seem quite right. When he points this out to Caroline, she’s furious. As she rants at him, she begins calling him ‘Shawn’ until she notices that things really are not right at all. He encourages her to go and see Kayla, but Caroline already has a pretty good idea of what’s wrong with her: she likely has Alzheimer’s.

After being rejected by EJ, Stefano starts making some mysterious calls. Kate’s not on his call list, but she does know that her husband has been sniffing around. She tries to get more information but no one’s helpful. After learning that Sami might hire Nick, Kate decides to snap him up first. The ex-con isn’t really keen on working with her though. And Abby realizes that something serious has been going on with her friends and starts to dig. Chad, Gabi and Nick are not giving her any answers but that’s not a deterrent.

http://blog.soapoperafan.com/2012/10/days-of-our-lives-spoilers-for-october-8-12/#more-102891

Week of October 8:

Monday October 8:
Nicole rages over seeing Jennifer with Daniel.
Nicole destroys the medical records of her hospital visit.
Daniel tells Jenn he's quitting.
Sami wants Rafe to let her in on Nicole's paternity secret and offers to help keep EJ from his child.
Stefano - from Europe, reaches out to EJ, but his son rejects his help.
Stefano makes a call to a mysterious person who can help him with EJ.

Tuesday October 9:
Nicole and Daniel confirm plans to move to Utah.
Jennifer unleashes anger toward Nicole at Billie.
Rafe admits he does forgive Sami.
Rafe and Sami share a passionate kiss - but he doesn't tell her the truth about Nicole's baby - daddy.
Bo wants to sail around the world with family.
Hope's not into Bo's idea.
Caroline brushes off one more sign of forgetfulness.

Wednesday October 10:
Jennifer confronts Nicole about ruining Daniel's life.
Hope admits she's not anxious to travel and Bo too has had second thoughts due to Caroline.
Caroline has another episode with Bo, which devastates both.
Abigail refuses to give up on finding out why Melanie departed Salem so fast.
Chad advises Kate to get over her feelings for Stefano.
Kate has an offer for Nick.

Thursday October 11:
Jenn vows in front of Brady to stop Nicole.
Nicole snaps and is about to stab Jenn.
Nicole takes a tumble down the stairs during an argument with Jenn.
Sami and Rafe run into EJ on their date.
Caroline is taken to the hospital for tests with Kayla.
Kayla knows what's wrong with Caroline.
In Europe, Stefano recruits Kristen Blake to help reunite the fractured DiMera clan.

Friday October 12:
Nicole blames Jennifer when she goes into labor.
Brady and Billie reluctantly tell police they heard the women argue before Nicole went down the stairs.
Nicole gives birth to her stillborn son.
Jenn's arrested for the murder of Nicole's baby.
Rafe and Sami go home and share a kiss.
John and Marlena talk about how it's smooth sailing from here on out.
Caroline faces her fear of Alzheimer's with family support.

http://soaps.sheknows.com/daysofourlives/spoilers/
Good Bye Days with these spoilers Safe no Ejami . Alas poor Nicole's womb cannot sustain life yet again ..( i : Kenny C you are a day late and a buck short : So long it has it has been a great ride for the last 35 years or more.Good bye .. :blowkiss:

Lanemack
Member Avatar

Please, please, please can't we have Sami spend time with a guy without someone spying? That scenario played out both Tuesday and today. Grrr.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Monday, October 8th
Nicole struggles to deal with her loss; Daniel tells Jennifer not to resign; Sami pressures Rafe to let her in on Nicole's secret; Stefano reaches out to E.J.

Tuesday, October 9th
Nicole, still keeping her secret, plans to leave for Utah with Daniel; Jennifer fumes about Daniel's relationship with Nicole; Sami and Rafe reflect on the past; Bo tells Hope he wants to sail around the world.

Wednesday, October 10th
Jennifer confronts Nicole about Daniel; Daniel has second thoughts about leaving; Bo worries about Caroline's mental state; Abigail asks questions about Melanie's departure; Kate offers Nick a job.

Thursday, October 11th
Nicole and Jennifer have an argument; Victor discourages Daniel from leaving with Nicole; Rafe and Sami share a romantic evening; Caroline downplays her recent memory troubles; Stefano meets with a mystery woman.

Friday, October 12th
Everyone blames Jennifer for the death of Nicole's baby; Rafe and Sami enjoy their reunion; Caroline faces a possible Alzheimer's diagnosis.

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar

Angie79
Oct 5 2012, 06:58 PM
Monday, October 8th
Nicole struggles to deal with her loss; Daniel tells Jennifer not to resign; Sami pressures Rafe to let her in on Nicole's secret; Stefano reaches out to E.J.

Tuesday, October 9th
Nicole, still keeping her secret, plans to leave for Utah with Daniel; Jennifer fumes about Daniel's relationship with Nicole; Sami and Rafe reflect on the past; Bo tells Hope he wants to sail around the world.

Wednesday, October 10th
Jennifer confronts Nicole about Daniel; Daniel has second thoughts about leaving; Bo worries about Caroline's mental state; Abigail asks questions about Melanie's departure; Kate offers Nick a job.

Thursday, October 11th
Nicole and Jennifer have an argument; Victor discourages Daniel from leaving with Nicole; Rafe and Sami share a romantic evening; Caroline downplays her recent memory troubles; Stefano meets with a mystery woman.

Friday, October 12th
Everyone blames Jennifer for the death of Nicole's baby; Rafe and Sami enjoy their reunion; Caroline faces a possible Alzheimer's diagnosis.
The only exciting thing is Kristen's return, the rest sucks monkey balls.

Sparrow

So Bo takes off to sail around the world. How long do you think it will take for Ciara to start trying to talk Hope into divorcing Bo so that she can start dating _______?

deletemyaccountplease

EJ DIMERA

Happylover

what abby gonna end up doing. her dad die and her mama going to jail.
(sex therapy) with who?

andromeda
Member Avatar

I know they are on, but J&M aren't even mentioned in the updated spoilers. Their scenes will be an afterthought and all about Sami, no doubt.

andromeda
Member Avatar

And what a slap in the face to Bo and Hope fans. Bo wants to leave his wife and sail around the world alone? Really? I am not even a Bo and Hope fan. But I guess this is to be expected. After all, they sent J&M off with a big screw you to their fans by paralising (and emasculating) John.

Poker Face
Member Avatar
"I like to be on top, Darling." - John Ross/Pamela

yes! ABOUT TIME I SEE SOME JARLENA'S SPOILERS! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

lumifan4life

And of course not one mention of the Lucas/Kate convo and the Lucas/WilSon scene that happens later even though we know from the day ahead that all this happens on Monday. But no we don't need to see any of this in the spoilers so some of us who are actually interested in this story as opposed to the others might want to tune in that day. Instead we get 15 Safe spoilers saying the same thing every single freaking day. Seriously if I had not read the DA I would not bother to tune in on Monday because none of which is in the spoilers for that day interest me one bit. And they wonder why their ratings suck.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply