Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of October 8th; *updated 10/5*
Topic Started: Sep 27 2012, 12:04 AM (48,218 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

Having the same character repeat a similar SL they've done just a couple years ago isn't soapy at all it's lazy pathetic writing. If they want to repeat a SL at least pick a different character to drive it, especially when it involves something as heartbreaking as losing a baby not once but twice. :'(

Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

BeeBee
Oct 7 2012, 10:15 PM
lysie
Oct 2 2012, 12:02 PM
six
Oct 2 2012, 11:12 AM
lysie
Oct 2 2012, 11:04 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepone
Maybe we have different definitions of "paying." I would consider the way Sami got humiliated at the 97 wedding and had to deal with Lucas being angry with her payment. Then it happened again when Brandon had their marriage annulled when he found out she'd switched Theo's paternity. The same situation played out with Mimi and Shawn over Claire.

If Sami would rip into Rafe for lying to her and break things off with him, I'd feel that he suffered the consequences of what he did, but since Sami is asking to get in on the scam, it doesn't look like that day will come.
The thing is, it doesn't affect Sami. So her tearing into him about it would be irrelevant. Sami's past paternity lies negatively affected the people she was with, so them berating her made sense. EJ berating Rafe would be the equivalent payment in this case.

Ultimately, I just don't see why Rafe's "crimes" should ever be a big deal when EJ and Stefano an even Sami and Nicole are walking around free as can be. Rafe is a nothing character with no personality and no real relevance to Days and trying to make him pay for all the nothing he does while organ thieves, money thieves, kidnappers, and shooters can walk freely about town seems ridiculous to me. It's not like he's the only one in the group to get away with something. And his something is a lot smaller than any of the rest of them can claim. I will give him credit for being able to snatch this story right out from under Nicoke though. Maybe he's more relevant than I am willing to acknowledge.
Is "Nicoke" some kind of knock on Nicole (Nicole behaving like she is on crack) or a typo?
It's a typo. I'm much more creative when I make fun of characters.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

BeeBee
Member Avatar

annie21
Oct 2 2012, 02:45 PM
Haven't posted in a while because this show is so bad it's painful to be around. Just wanted to say that, like some others, I'm starting to think maybe the writers aren't going to go with Dannifer. Sure, there will probably be more junk scenes like this week, but I think they'll eventually have Jennifer and Brady spending more time together. Unfortunately, I think the writers will also have Abigail and Brady drawn to each other and we'll have Brady at the center of a mother-daughter triangle. I'm not advocating this, mind you. But I could see these writers going there.

Perhaps by February, we'll see Jennifer finding out about her daughter's true feelings and she'll decide to step aside to clear the way for Brady and Abigail -- and leave Salem.

MR's contract was technically up for renewal last month, and we've heard nothing about any decision to renew/extend. I get the strong sense she would like to leave. But perhaps she agreed to stick around for a few months at Meng's/Corday's request.

The writers have taken the destruction of Jennifer's character -- that they started in 2010 and that MarDar exacerbated -- to new lows. TPTB would have to be pretty obtuse not to see that. So they either are incredibly obtuse or they don't care -- or some combination of the two. Too sad.

I would rather have Vivian,Quinn the pimp/spa manager,Carrie with/without Austin,Dario,anyone comeback then continue with Jennifer as she has been and is currently being written.If she wants to leave, write a quick exit and let her go.I cannot stand to see her running after Dan and spewing all kinds of nastiness at Nicole.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

camera shy
Oct 2 2012, 03:24 PM
I don't think EJ is a good father. He stood by and let an ex-convict live under the same roof with his kids, he kidnapped Sydney and gave her over to Anna who she had never met before, he let Johnny think his mother didn't love him, he kicked Sami out of their lives and I'm sure if I took a few minutes I could think of more unfatherly things he had done. I don't know why people always want to say he's a good father because we've seen him read a bed time story to them a few times and kiss and hug them.
Well,everyone has been saying what a good mother Sami is so using her as a standard would probably make EJ a good father.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Courtneya6688
Oct 3 2012, 01:48 PM
I hope the truth comes out pretty quickly about nicoles baby really being dead before her fall mainly because i want the story to focus more on her grief than dannifer angust. Plus getting poor nicole how of daniels orbit is the only thing i have to look forward to in this awful story
You are so right,the sooner the better.I can't believe they have Nicole chasing Daniel after having been married to EJ.I don't think even Sami would go there (Dr.Dan).
Edited by BeeBee, Oct 7 2012, 11:57 PM.

NikiLani
Member Avatar

Daniel needs to have his licence revoked solely on the basis of him sexing all his patients.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

camera shy
Oct 3 2012, 04:11 PM
Courtneya6688
Oct 3 2012, 03:58 PM
In a soap any thing is possible but i really do believe nicoles baby is dead no matter how much i want him to turn up alive
Wait until Nov sweeps is over before you completely give up. ;)
This thought is the only reason I watch the show now.I keep looking for any bit of dialogue that might be a clue to the baby being alive.If I actually had no hope the baby is alive I think I really would stop watching and move on.Life is too short to be mired in misery when watching a television program for entertaining escapism.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Harmony233
Oct 3 2012, 07:50 PM
Courtneya6688
Oct 3 2012, 07:45 PM
See my problem with nicole getting pregnant again i would be nervous the whole time the baby would die again. The only way i could accept eric is if he truly loves nicole and they allow the two of them to have honest good relationship with no secrets to come out and doom them
i can't take a third nicole pregnancy there too exhausting i'd rather she adopt at this point
Too true.After recent developments,I would always be waiting for the other shoe to drop.I don't want another pregnancy if this baby is really dead.
Edited by BeeBee, Oct 7 2012, 11:58 PM.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

BeeBee
Oct 7 2012, 10:57 PM
camera shy
Oct 2 2012, 03:24 PM
I don't think EJ is a good father. He stood by and let an ex-convict live under the same roof with his kids, he kidnapped Sydney and gave her over to Anna who she had never met before, he let Johnny think his mother didn't love him, he kicked Sami out of their lives and I'm sure if I took a few minutes I could think of more unfatherly things he had done. I don't know why people always want to say he's a good father because we've seen him read a bed time story to them a few times and kiss and hug them.
Well,everyone has been saying what a good mother Sami is so using her as a standard would probably make EJ a good father.
Sami may not be the best mother, but I don't recall her doing anything intentionally which would put her kids in a dangerous situation where they could be harmed. Can't say the same for Ej.

Courtneya6688
Member Avatar

Im not sure nicole would ever want to get pregnant after this any way. Two dead kids one being full term thats a lot to swallow

DJsMommy
Member Avatar

pennieloafer
Oct 4 2012, 11:49 AM
the point is it is contrived. and even if ericole has natural chemistry, it will be shoved down our throats so much that we might not even like them together. we'll see. can't get any cheesier than safe running at each other when they could've just called each other on their cell phone
Yeah I never saw Ericole 1.0 as this "great" true love story. I liked Eric with Greta & from what I remember it didn't take much convincing for Nic to choose the 5 million over Eric. ;) Of course this is a different actor, one I'm not familiar with, so I will give him a chance. Regardless, I have no interest in watching Nicole try & be *good* for another man. I got enough of that with Brady.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply