Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Nicole loses her baby; Airs week of Oct 1
Topic Started: Sep 27 2012, 12:21 PM (19,013 Views)
bomber
Member Avatar

Tibi
Sep 30 2012, 06:53 PM
I think there is definitely more to this story. The timing is just so strange, the fact that it is a substitute OBGYN that tells her is also very, very telling.
I really, really hope there is more to it and up until now I thought it was a DiMera plot but now I'm thinking that the reason for the substitute doctor is just so that Nicole can hide the news and frame Jen at a later date. I hope I'm wrong because it makes my stomach turn. No way could that be called entertainment. But on a happier note, I am almost always wrong.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Courtneya6688
Member Avatar

Well heres to hoping and praying you are. Because that is defenitly not the story i want to see play out. Maybe nicole tries to leave town after seeing dan and jen and is in denal about the baby setting the stage for someone to deliver her baby that we dont know therefore switching him out with another baby.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Tibi
Member Avatar

bomber
Sep 30 2012, 06:59 PM
Tibi
I think there is definitely more to this story. The timing is just so strange, the fact that it is a substitute OBGYN that tells her is also very, very telling.
I really, really hope there is more to it and up until now I thought it was a DiMera plot but now I'm thinking that the reason for the substitute doctor is just so that Nicole can hide the news and frame Jen at a later date. I hope I'm wrong because it makes my stomach turn. No way could that be called entertainment. But on a happier note, I am almost always wrong.
I hope you are wrong too. :) Seeing Nicole lose another baby and then hide the fact that she lost the baby AGAIN is just stupid and lazy writing. Of course I can see Tomsell doing that because they do seem incapable of writing anything original and interesting.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

bomber
Tibi
Sadly I think you're right. And the latest daily spoiler for Weds of the next week convinces me even more so.

Quote:

Wednesday ("Jennifer's Plan")
Jennifer is determined to stop Nicole from hurting Daniel; Bo worries about his mother's mental state.

This is two or three episodes after Nicole learns the baby has died. If Jennifer is still determined to 'stop' her rather than feeling sympathy for her that's a pretty good indication Nicole hasn't shared the news yet - and Jennifer's plan will likely blow up in her face when Nicole sets it up to look like Jennifer causes her to lose the baby.

These writers are the very definition of predictable. With a side of morbidly offensive.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Harmony233

SocRMum1
Oct 1 2012, 08:58 AM
bomber
Tibi
Sadly I think you're right. And the latest daily spoiler for Weds of the next week convinces me even more so.

Quote:

Wednesday ("Jennifer's Plan")
Jennifer is determined to stop Nicole from hurting Daniel; Bo worries about his mother's mental state.

This is two or three episodes after Nicole learns the baby has died. If Jennifer is still determined to 'stop' her rather than feeling sympathy for her that's a pretty good indication Nicole hasn't shared the news yet - and Jennifer's plan will likely blow up in her face when Nicole sets it up to look like Jennifer causes her to lose the baby.

These writers are the very definition of predictable. With a side of morbidly offensive.
if I'm supposed to feel bad for Jennifer it isn't working lol
Offline Profile Goto Top

camera shy

I saw another spoiler that implys the baby's death is out in the open. And why would Nicole need to lie about Jennifer's role in the baby's death when she might have played a role by giving stressing her out by figthing with her in public. And the next day she has her doctor's apt where she is given the bad news. Who's to say that fight with Jennifer wasn't responsible? All Nicole would have to do is tell Daniel about the fight and he might think it played a part in her losing the baby.....if she does lose it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Courtneya6688
Member Avatar

Its not only offensive that the writters gave nicole mircle baby number two but took it away a couple weeks before her due date. Then will have nicole use her baby to prop dannifer its disgusting
Offline Profile Goto Top

Courtneya6688
Member Avatar

Im pretty sure nicole hasnt revealed to any one the baby is dead when whatever happens with the baby does. It could likely even be the same day still.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

camera shy
Oct 1 2012, 09:39 AM
I saw another spoiler that implys the baby's death is out in the open. And why would Nicole need to lie about Jennifer's role in the baby's death when she might have played a role by giving stressing her out by figthing with her in public. And the next day she has her doctor's apt where she is given the bad news. Who's to say that fight with Jennifer wasn't responsible? All Nicole would have to do is tell Daniel about the fight and he might think it played a part in her losing the baby.....if she does lose it.
I haven't seen the other spoiler - do you have a link to it?

As far as why Nicole would feel compelled to lie about Jennifer's duplicity - I think she'll be determined to make people 'pay' for her grief and anger and she'll direct it toward Jennifer. We'll have to see how the scenes play out but Nicole was told early on that it wasn't an issue with her getting pregnant but whether she'd be able to carry a baby to term - so if the MD tells her the baby didn't make it as a result of whatever her issue is with carrying a child I could see her deciding she wants to force everyone to think Jennifer is the cause even though Nicole would know that's not true. And just the fact that they were fighting wouldn't get the same reaction from Daniel (and Jennifer and everyone else) as staging some sort of accident caused by Jennifer.
Offline Profile Goto Top

camera shy

SocRMum1
Oct 1 2012, 09:55 AM
camera shy
Oct 1 2012, 09:39 AM
I haven't seen the other spoiler - do you have a link to it?

As far as why Nicole would feel compelled to lie about Jennifer's duplicity - I think she'll be determined to make people 'pay' for her grief and anger and she'll direct it toward Jennifer. We'll have to see how the scenes play out but Nicole was told early on that it wasn't an issue with her getting pregnant but whether she'd be able to carry a baby to term - so if the MD tells her the baby didn't make it as a result of whatever her issue is with carrying a child I could see her deciding she wants to force everyone to think Jennifer is the cause even though Nicole would know that's not true. And just the fact that they were fighting wouldn't get the same reaction from Daniel (and Jennifer and everyone else) as staging some sort of accident caused by Jennifer.
It's at Days Cafe, something about Nicole's lose effects many. And Stefano wanting to be there for EJ.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

There's a reason we don't post those spoilers here. ;)
Online Profile Goto Top

nolagirl
Member Avatar

:frustration: I just can't believe that these writers have a job at all, or better yet that Corday keeping firing and rehiring the same writers. Jesus man learn your lesson and put an add out for new writers no experince necessary just a good imagination. Obviously the ones he has may have the experience but since they are unemployed when he rehires them says something.

On the Nicole front, I've hated that from day one of her pregnancy her story has NOT been about her, it's about SAFE, EJami, Cafe, Dannifer, give me a friggin break. The whole thing is pukeworthy. Nicole is continually used by these writers as the go to girl for interloper, not fair to the character, and to once again make her lose a baby just shows me that Day's deosn't care about the viewers or want we think it's all about them pushing couples with NO chemistry by telling us day in and day out about all the chemistry. Like someone else said if you have to actually say it, then it's not showing up on screen.

I hope Nicole's baby lives and I truly hope they get her the hell away from the idiots they have her surrounded by obviously none care about her as a person. :shame:
Edited by nolagirl, Oct 1 2012, 10:25 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Harmony233

nolagirl
Oct 1 2012, 10:24 AM
:frustration: I just can't believe that these writers have a job at all, or better yet that Corday keeping firing and rehiring the same writers. Jesus man learn your lesson and put an add out for new writers no experince necessary just a good imagination. Obviously the ones he has may have the experience but since they are unemployed when he rehires them says something.

On the Nicole front, I've hated that from day one of her pregnancy her story has NOT been about her, it's about SAFE, EJami, Cafe, Dannifer, give me a friggin break. The whole thing is pukeworthy. Nicole is continually used by these writers as the go to girl for interloper, not fair to the character, and to once again make her lose a baby just shows me that Day's deosn't care about the viewers or want we think it's all about them pushing couples with NO chemistry by telling us day in and day out about all the chemistry. Like someone else said if you have to actually say it, then it's not showing up on screen.

I hope Nicole's baby lives and I truly hope they get her the hell away from the idiots they have her surrounded by obviously none care about her as a person. :shame:
I'm sure once this story is over nicole will have no friends left what a shocker
Offline Profile Goto Top

Courtneya6688
Member Avatar

It just disturbs me that since they are making her loose the baby that they cant truly write an accident that happens between her and jen. Because when people find out that the baby was already dead she will once again be the bad guy. Nicole is the one character i can honestly say has never been allowed to be happy ever. I agree they need fresh new writters. Watching the same thing over and over is boring. And its painful watching the same characters loose over and over and the others come out on top. Daniel and rage are a huge part of this paternity secret but im willing to bet they suffer no consequences at all.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Courtneya6688
Member Avatar

I agree when the truth comes out nicoles friends daniel and rafe will be gone. Rafe will be back to sami daniel to jen and since brady and jen now have this huge bond im sure he will take up for her too
Offline Profile Goto Top

Harmony233

Courtneya6688
Oct 1 2012, 10:50 AM
I agree when the truth comes out nicoles friends daniel and rafe will be gone. Rafe will be back to sami daniel to jen and since brady and jen now have this huge bond im sure he will take up for her too
Yes I'm sure they'll be lining up to lecture her on what a horrible evil person she is RME
Offline Profile Goto Top

deletemyaccountplease

im gonna go watch dexter, so over this show
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ejole Lifer

This is the absolute last straw for me. If the baby is dead, Days is dead to me.
Offline Profile Goto Top

camera shy

I hope Nicole's baby is still alive and Sami helps Nicole and Rafe keep him away from EJ.
Offline Profile Goto Top

happy
Member Avatar

Harmony233
Oct 1 2012, 11:03 AM
Courtneya6688
Oct 1 2012, 10:50 AM
Yes I'm sure they'll be lining up to lecture her on what a horrible evil person she is RME
ITA. I think they wrote this so Nicolenwill be totally alone when Eric comes back into town. So stupid. I HATE how they wrote this. So contrived and over the top.

Killing the miracle baby is terrible. But if they had to do it - they shouldn't have cheapened it to make it all about creating fake angst for Jennifer. How about if Nicole had just had a miscarriage or stillbirth? She would have blamed Jennifer anyway - Jennifer ADDED to Nicole's stress. (but rich Nicole moving in with Jennifer was another dumb ass story).

This stupid falling down the stairs and arrests are just distractions. The sudden loss of a baby is chock full of real drama and angst. Nicole would have been devastated and lashed out and acted out. Jennifer could have felt guilty. And the fall out for Rafe, Daniel, and EJ could have been devastating and real.

But instead we get stupid fake stories and stupid fake drama. TPTB take potential for compelling, gray, human drama and flatten it out to corny cartoon, black and white, "soap" drama.

I'm pissed they killed the baby. And I'm pissed the did it in such a cheap and shoddy way. TPTB are giving me NO reason to tune back in. They suck as bad as I knew they would. :soapbox:
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic