Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Bo Quits; Airs week of Oct 1
Topic Started: Sep 27 2012, 01:28 PM (6,547 Views)
Ellie

This week's Soap Opera Digest features an article about Bo.

Bo is not sure what to do about his future, because of paycuts at the Salem PD. Caroline lashes out at Roman and tells him to start treating Bo as a brother rather than an employee.

Bo goes to see Caroline, and they discuss things. She says Ciara is growing up quickly and that he should be spending more time with her now.

Bo then discusses things with Billie, since she's a former cop who has moved on. She tells him he's always been too much of a rebel to be a police officer. He appreciates her feedback.

Hope and Kayla tell Bo that more police layoffs are coming. Bo resigns and says he wants to spend more time with his family. Caroline is happy about his decision, especially since now she does not have two sons working in this dangerous field.

Bo resigns and enjoys family time, but then Peggy McCay hints that Bo has something else to pursue dealing with "unfinished business"...

Pick up the latest Digest for details!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ellie

Almost missed this one! Pays to go through the magazine a 2nd time, lol.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Beyond lame...what a disrespect to Peter Reckell...surely they could have thought up a better ending for Bo FUCKING Brady than this?

Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Quote:

He appreciates her feedback

Idk why this stood out to me, but it made me laugh.
Offline Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

I can't believe the great Bo Brady is getting ushered out by budget cuts. First John gets written out as a quasi vegetable, and now this. I guess Stefano's story will end with him lapsing into a diabetic coma and dying.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ellie

lysie
Sep 27 2012, 01:32 PM
Quote:

He appreciates her feedback

Idk why this stood out to me, but it made me laugh.
LOL it didn't exactly flow to me either, which is why I included it. "Bo thanks Billie for her honest feedback and says she's given him a lot to consider." The entire article is about him going from one person to another and discussing things. Poor Peter.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ellie

six
Sep 27 2012, 01:35 PM
I can't believe the great Bo Brady is getting ushered out by budget cuts. First John gets written out as a quasi vegetable, and now this. I guess Stefano's story will end with him lapsing into a diabetic coma and dying.
Drake had a good quote in '07 where he said something like, John Black the superhero apparently can't make it across the street.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I love working with Kristian. She's wonderful and fantastic." ~ DC

Ellie
Sep 27 2012, 01:29 PM
Almost missed this one! Pays to go through the magazine a 2nd time, lol.
it's easy to miss an article about someone else, when all the articles in the past few weeks have been about the same sets of characters - Sami/EJ/Rafe, Gabi/Nick/Mel/Chad, Nicole/Rafe/Dan/Jen.
While this story is ridiculous & would've made sense years & years ago, & not after Bo had even been the commissioner, i'm glad it's "important" (note the quotes, since i'm sure that when these scenes air, each episode will be lucky to spend 5-7 min on the story) enough to have an article about it. Not to mention that Bo quit the force once before when he wanted to go after Vin Ramsell. And i know that he came back because of all the "murders", but if he really didn't want to be a cop, he didn't have to keep his job post-Melaswen. This whole "Bo has a dream he hasn't had a chance to live out" crap is just that - crap... that came out of left field. I just hope that whatever this "dream" Bo supposedly wants to live out makes sense & has a damn good reasoning for why Hope & Ciara don't go with him!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

The whole idea of Bo being cut by the SPD is ridiculous...he is one of their most SENIOR detectives...IRL no way in HELL would any top detectives at ANY department be given a pay cut.

LOL its preposterous!
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Sep 27 2012, 01:45 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

six
Stefano's story was finished - with his murder, but then TomSell took over & decided that Stefano was once again not really dead, and they made sure to let everyone know this asap. I don't think Stefano turning out to be alive after being presumed dead surprises anyone any more. Certainly doesn't surprise me. It would've been more surprising to have Stefano remain dead. EJ would have to do all of his evil plotting on his own - without his father being there for suggestions, discussions, or minimizing damages when one of his plots goes wrong.
If nothing else, at least MarDar brought John back as a non-quasi vegetable and thus his old self.
Assuming Peter returns at some point in the future, I'm not sure how the current headwriters (& god help us all if it's still TomSell) will explain Bo's ____-long absense.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Sep 27 2012, 01:45 PM
The whole idea of Bo being cut by the SPD is ridiculous...he is one of their most SENIOR detectives...IRL no way in HELL would any top detectives at ANY department be given a pay cut.

LOL its preposterous!
have you noticed that Rafe has not had one single line about budget cuts & potential firings at the SPD? One would assume that he would've gotten the same memo as everyone else. of course, this is TomSell we're talking about, and Rafe is one of their pets. I have no doubt that whatever ridiculous promotion Roman gave Rafe secures him his position & no paycut. Such utter crap!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Carly
Member Avatar

Ellie
Sep 27 2012, 01:28 PM
Caroline lashes out at Roman and tells him to start treating Bo as a brother rather than an employee.

So, would Caroline prefer that some other cop get fired so that Bo could keep his job? LOL, I'd love to see a bunch of cops file a nepotism lawsuit against the Salem Police!

This is such a lame exit for Bo. With Kristen's return, this would be the perfect opportunity to have Bo die a mysterious death. Then it could be revealed that Bo is secretly being held hostage by some shadowy figures (Kristen and/or Stefano). Everyone in Salem would think that Bo was dead, but the audience would know that Bo was still alive. And the stage would then be set for Bo's heroic return if Peter Reckell ever decided to return to DAYS.

Offline Profile Goto Top

Lil
Member Avatar

This just fucking sucks.
Offline Profile Goto Top

am103
Member Avatar

So this is how we write off a character after almost 30 years of being on this show? Lol, I don't even know if I can make it to Kristen's return. I might have to stop watching before then.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Tammy
Member Avatar

So when Peter leaves the show, are we just supposed to believe Bo is a stay at home dad that we never see? Or is there more to his exit then this clusterfuck?
Offline Profile Goto Top

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

It's as though some writer was alll, "Fuck it, we have no cash...let's just have the Salem PD have no cash either and away goes Bo Brady."

So, I appreciate the laziness of it. I mean that seriously, too. There's something...honest about the lack of effort and creativity.

Also awesome: "Bo, you're too much of a rebel to be a cop. Go be a stay-at-home father. You know, as rebels do."
Edited by px780, Sep 27 2012, 02:10 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Sep 27 2012, 01:46 PM
six
Stefano's story was finished - with his murder, but then TomSell took over & decided that Stefano was once again not really dead, and they made sure to let everyone know this asap. I don't think Stefano turning out to be alive after being presumed dead surprises anyone any more. Certainly doesn't surprise me. It would've been more surprising to have Stefano remain dead. EJ would have to do all of his evil plotting on his own - without his father being there for suggestions, discussions, or minimizing damages when one of his plots goes wrong.
If nothing else, at least MarDar brought John back as a non-quasi vegetable and thus his old self.
Assuming Peter returns at some point in the future, I'm not sure how the current headwriters (& god help us all if it's still TomSell) will explain Bo's ____-long absense.
Actually, according to JM, he was never let go, because Stefano was always supposed to return. MarDar did bring John back the right way, but my point's not about Days as a whole, but about the way the regime that includes Tomlin keeps writing them out.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cherianne

Well you know, every scene that Bo and Hope have? I'm thinking to myself "this is exactly what is going on for real, with Peter Reckell." Am I the only one who thinks that? I mean, it's almost exactly the same things he has said in interviews....

It does make sense that since he is a senior detective, he's making a lot more money than Rafe...........who was just rehired a bit ago. So Rafe may already be at the low end of the pay scale. If they are going to have a budget crisis and cut police salaries, they are most likely going to go to the guys making the most money. Besides, in both cases it doesn't appear to be about the money.

I don't really care, I'm looking at this as a long vacation for Peter. I expect him to be back after six to twelve months or so. And I wouldn't buy a breakup with Hope at this point any more than I will ever accept Jennifer with anyone but Jack. If Kristian is happy being back-burnered, which she evidently is, then I say more power to her. She can spend more time with her family, who she seems to adore, work on her jewelry line, which she seems to adore, and still make some money to help pay the bills. What's not to like? I'm counting on Peter feeling the same way after he's had some time off.

I'd feel the same way about Matthew Ashford as well, (that he is "on a break") except that for some inexplicable reason they don't seem to value him like they should. And they have ruined Jennifer for me to the point that I don't know how they could bring him back and make it believable. Such a shame, when they could have had the best storyline in YEARS if they had only written the Jack's return/PTSD/Jenn dealing with all of it correctly. I don't find this whole Jennifer/Daniel thing even remotely believable, and furthermore they are about minus 10 on the chemistry scale. Zilch, nada, zip.

At least with Nicole there was some heat, you know?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Poker Face
Member Avatar
DraDeeDOESitBETTER best couple on DAYS

omg Bo's exit is so lame...rly...what a slap on the face.... :shame:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

Tammy
Sep 27 2012, 02:06 PM
So when Peter leaves the show, are we just supposed to believe Bo is a stay at home dad that we never see? Or is there more to his exit then this clusterfuck?
i think Bo physically leaves Salem. If he turned into the new Mickey, i'd be very annoyed. At least with Bo out somewhere doing something, Hope is able to do more. Maybe she'll even meet someone new (this would require TomSell to actually write for Hope/Kristian & not just use her as a prop, and also bring in a new character) & maybe even fall for him. Then you could have Hope torn between staying faithful & loyal to Bo, who she hasn't seen/talked to in forever, and moving on with this new guy, since technically, she & Bo aren't married (the whole John/Hope thing seems to be the only MarDar thing TomSell didn't undo as soon as they took over, though they did kinda just ignore it... at least for the time being).
We know from Kristian's recent interviews that Bo is still alive.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic