Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Bo Quits; Airs week of Oct 1
Topic Started: Sep 27 2012, 01:28 PM (6,946 Views)
mer4santo
Member Avatar

Everything about this article is hilarious but my favorite line was: "Caroline lashes out at Roman and tells him to start treating Bo as a brother rather than an employee." Yea, because he hasn't spent years already, covering for him and every other Brady operating outside of the law. Just wondering, why isn't Bo consulting Hope on any of this? I guess she doesn't have to take a pay cut and so he's mad? Will this turn into a rehash of the disgruntled cop kidnapping story? It's Tomlin, so I'm crossing my fingers.....
Offline Profile Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

This all sounds so stupid!

Thanks for typing it up Ellie!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Supergirlx2
Sep 27 2012, 01:48 PM
Mitchapalooza
Sep 27 2012, 01:45 PM
The whole idea of Bo being cut by the SPD is ridiculous...he is one of their most SENIOR detectives...IRL no way in HELL would any top detectives at ANY department be given a pay cut.

LOL its preposterous!
have you noticed that Rafe has not had one single line about budget cuts & potential firings at the SPD? One would assume that he would've gotten the same memo as everyone else. of course, this is TomSell we're talking about, and Rafe is one of their pets. I have no doubt that whatever ridiculous promotion Roman gave Rafe secures him his position & no paycut. Such utter crap!
I know...its ridiculous and SO transparent.

IRL, Rafe would have been tossed out on his ass in this situation.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

px780
Sep 27 2012, 02:10 PM
It's as though some writer was alll, "Fuck it, we have no cash...let's just have the Salem PD have no cash either and away goes Bo Brady."

So, I appreciate the laziness of it. I mean that seriously, too. There's something...honest about the lack of effort and creativity.

Also awesome: "Bo, you're too much of a rebel to be a cop. Go be a stay-at-home father. You know, as rebels do."
They are just towing the company line...everything done at DAYS lacks effort and creativity...why would Bo's exit be any different.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

So how do they explain to everyone that Rafe JUST got a promotion if the SPD is cutting? This is royal SHIT
Offline Profile Goto Top

granolagirl
Member Avatar
Not here for St. Jack of the Immaculate Redemption

px780
Sep 27 2012, 02:10 PM
Also awesome: "Bo, you're too much of a rebel to be a cop. Go be a stay-at-home father. You know, as rebels do."
Heh.

I do think there is another twist to this (probably a lame one).
Offline Profile Goto Top

Manny
Member Avatar

And then they wonder why soaps are failing...
Offline Profile Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Not only did :huh1: Just get a promotion, he's currently covering up a crime.

If there were any justice in this soap world his ass would be canned leaving extra $ for Bo.

And don't think that I'm not thinking real life shouldn't parallel this.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ellie

The other thing is, Peter Reckell apparently has enough money saved to leave Days at this point. Why in the world would Bo Brady, though? The Bradys have always been written as possibly-upper middle class. And now Bo is leaving his job while his wife is getting a paycut? Have we heard about any hidden nest egg for these two? This is on the same level as John playing with Marlena's gold necklace in their lavish townhouse as she tells him they're too broke to order out for Chinese.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Cherianne
Sep 27 2012, 02:11 PM
Well you know, every scene that Bo and Hope have? I'm thinking to myself "this is exactly what is going on for real, with Peter Reckell." Am I the only one who thinks that? I mean, it's almost exactly the same things he has said in interviews....

I have been thinking the same thing.

This whole thing is stupid.
Offline Profile Goto Top

luvmysoaps

I do not know what to say or think about this lame story. :(
I wish they would have found a way to keep Peter. I just do not get why the vets cannot get some story. it does not have to totally revolve around the younger set
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Ellie
Sep 27 2012, 02:43 PM
The other thing is, Peter Reckell apparently has enough money saved to leave Days at this point. Why in the world would Bo Brady, though? The Bradys have always been written as possibly-upper middle class. And now Bo is leaving his job while his wife is getting a paycut? Have we heard about any hidden nest egg for these two? This is on the same level as John playing with Marlena's gold necklace in their lavish townhouse as she tells him they're too broke to order out for Chinese.
Hope used to have a trust fund, but I think they decided that that was going to be their kids' college fund back when Bo & Hope decided to be bounty hunters in 2003 & had money problems. Didn't Bo & Hope lose a chunk of their savings when Stefano/EJ went after John & Basic Black last September? They wouldn't have a lot to live off of if they never did get it back. Maybe Bo & Hope secretly figured out those damn bank accounts & realized that Alice was hiding money for them in case they ever needed it?!
Offline Profile Goto Top

mer4santo
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
Sep 27 2012, 02:39 PM
Not only did :huh1: Just get a promotion, he's currently covering up a crime.

If there were any justice in this soap world his ass would be canned leaving extra $ for Bo.

And don't think that I'm not thinking real life shouldn't parallel this.
If I wanted to get finicky, this is the second MAJOR crime he has covered up, and everyone knows it but whatevs, it's not like there is much of a definitive line between good and evil on this show.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I would've rather them had Bo do something that got him kicked off the force. At least that would go along with the character's history and tendencies.

McCay's line about Bo pursuing unfinished business has me intrigued.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Sep 27 2012, 03:44 PM
McCay's line about Bo pursuing unfinished business has me intrigued.
People will die if this is about Carly. :D
Offline Profile Goto Top

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Sep 27 2012, 02:34 PM
So how do they explain to everyone that Rafe JUST got a promotion if the SPD is cutting? This is royal SHIT
Ironic how Rafe gets rehired and a promotion all while the dept is laying people off. Also ironic that Rafe has spent the last few weeks doing next to nothing. I thought part of having a job meant you actually had to spend time at work. Silly me.
Edited by LanaluvsBroe, Sep 27 2012, 03:55 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

tylerbo20

if they dont give bo a great send off then I will be completely cholked...Melanie got an entire month to say good bye to those teeth...
Offline Profile Goto Top

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

Poor Peter. Bo gets ushered off in a shitty manner, while the rest of us are stuck with Rafe. Just disgraceful. :shame:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

JamaicanBeauty7
Sep 27 2012, 04:14 PM
Poor Peter. Bo gets ushered off in a shitty manner, while the rest of us are stuck with Rafe. Just disgraceful. :shame:
OMG Sami is such a hammy bitch in your avi...trot trot trot SKIP *10 year old hair toss* :puke: ...

GOD I hate the writing for Sami and your AVI sums it all up.
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Sep 27 2012, 04:30 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Chelsea
Member Avatar

This is how Bo gets written off? Tomlin can go to hell!! :flipoff:
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic