Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Bo Quits; Airs week of Oct 1
Topic Started: Sep 27 2012, 01:28 PM (6,535 Views)
reagon

what the heck am I watching an episode of Parenthood?

What an awful exit for Bo Brady while we got to see the Melanie Love Fest for an entire month.
Offline Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Sep 27 2012, 03:25 PM
Ellie
Sep 27 2012, 02:43 PM
The other thing is, Peter Reckell apparently has enough money saved to leave Days at this point. Why in the world would Bo Brady, though? The Bradys have always been written as possibly-upper middle class. And now Bo is leaving his job while his wife is getting a paycut? Have we heard about any hidden nest egg for these two? This is on the same level as John playing with Marlena's gold necklace in their lavish townhouse as she tells him they're too broke to order out for Chinese.
Hope used to have a trust fund, but I think they decided that that was going to be their kids' college fund back when Bo & Hope decided to be bounty hunters in 2003 & had money problems. Didn't Bo & Hope lose a chunk of their savings when Stefano/EJ went after John & Basic Black last September? They wouldn't have a lot to live off of if they never did get it back. Maybe Bo & Hope secretly figured out those damn bank accounts & realized that Alice was hiding money for them in case they ever needed it?!
The trust fund got completely wiped out by the economy in 2003, which is why they had to sell the boat.
Edited by six, Sep 27 2012, 05:03 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

karoline
Member Avatar

Bo being abducted by aliens would make more sense than this crap...
Edited by karoline, Sep 27 2012, 05:03 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LucasHortonFan
Please write 4 Bryan Dattilo, Give him a love interest.

This whole show is one big clusterfuck!
Offline Profile Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Count your blessings! The word "walk-about" was never used.
Seriously......to these writers, it's a job. They have no emotional investment in the characters or respect for them or for the fans who do have a respect for them. Crap, on other NBC shows, there would be a " Blah blah blah show says goodbye to a beloved character". But for the captain of the Fancy Face...................
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ellie

ladyofthelake
Sep 27 2012, 06:50 PM
Seriously......to these writers, it's a job. They have no emotional investment in the characters or respect for them or for the fans who do have a respect for them.
But it's like, here they don't even have respect for the actor. They're intentionally doing this to him. imo that's even worse.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

This is a disgrace to Peter, this is how you send a vet off? EPIC FAIL.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

Funny that Bo quits his job from the SPD, disliking the pay cuts and the looming ax?
Can I ask a stupid question, who is chief of police? LOL! Roman should ax himself and save the rest of the force.
Stupid exit SL.... how will BO ever come back to Salem, when the SPD wins the lottery?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

You know what I wish they would do, as I know many people in my city's police force. After they are 20 years in they can retire if they want. While pay cuts is one thing, I know many cops who have burned out and ready to take their petition to do something else. I'd like it if Bo could talk about how he feels his wheels are spinning at the force and maybe it is time to leave.

This story is similar but I would rather it not being about pay cuts but Bo is not happy, Hope knows it and they talk about how he can leave via his pension and pursue other ideas.
Online Profile Goto Top

Daysofold

am103
Sep 27 2012, 02:02 PM
So this is how we write off a character after almost 30 years of being on this show? Lol, I don't even know if I can make it to Kristen's return. I might have to stop watching before then.
Oh how I agree with you. I have stopped watching and the proof is in the pudding. The ratings suck, and so does Days. Tomilin and Whitesell are cowards, and are only fulfilling their desires and could careless about the fans. This is what its about. We're all going to sit back and laugh when the show tanks right along with the glorious writers. You reap what you sow.
Offline Profile Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

This Bo exit storyline so far has been pitiful. It's been really embarrassing. I feel so bad for Peter Reckell and Kristian Alfonso. If Bo mentions wanting to be an astronaut one more time...

It's bizarre and silly.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Daysofold

Chelsea
Sep 27 2012, 04:38 PM
This is how Bo gets written off? Tomlin can go to hell!! :flipoff:
I couldn't agree more. Tomilin, Whitesell, Corday and Sony/NBC, you can go to he :flipoff:
Offline Profile Goto Top

MaryMo
Member Avatar

I agree its terrible of the exit for Peter R. But again, look how they have treated Matthew A.!! He has been a huge part for this stupid show and look how they treated him. Killing him in an elevator for shit sakes. These vets are the only ones that know how to act with any kind of material given. They have been around long enough to know how it works and have been acting for years and years. I can only see NBC destroying Hope like they have done to Jennifer over and over again. Once Bo leaves I am too. There is no point anymore to stay watching.
Offline Profile Goto Top

BJ Deveraux
Member Avatar

This makes it easy to see why the whole soap genre is going down the toilet. It's a shame too because the fans are BEGGING for decent stories and the possibilities are endless...
Offline Profile Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

I guess we should be glad a helicopter didn't fall on him. (You past fans of ER will know what I'm talking about). Wait.......did I give them an idea? Daniel
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I love working with Kristian. She's wonderful and fantastic." ~ DC

ladyofthelake
Sep 28 2012, 05:30 PM
I guess we should be glad a helicopter didn't fall on him. (You past fans of ER will know what I'm talking about). Wait.......did I give them an idea? Daniel
lol. i got your reference before i even got to the brackets. first he'd have to have his arm chopped off by a helicopter blade. THEN he could get the helicopter to fall on him. ;) (the "him" is clearly Daniel, not Bo.)
Maybe Bo goes off like Doug did & if/when Kristian decides not to renew she'll go meet him in Seattle. lol. (i know this bracket is off topic, but the last Doug/Carol scene (the "i don't want to wake up alone tomorrow" one) still makes me cry!)
Offline Profile Goto Top

bygnedys

I think they should have done a thing like Steve did when he went to boat to warn Bo.
Bo could get word the Steve was in trouble on his mission for the ISA, and Bo could tell Hope that he had to try to help Steve. Later on, they could explain why Bo couldn't come back home yet.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sparrow

This show really likes shitting all over their own legacy, don't they? Jack, then Steve, and now Bo are being written as selfish, unreliable, and immature, ditching their wives and young children to go off gallivanting across the countryside. It just one more idea that, hey! If it didn't really work the first time, lets keep doing it over and over again until it does work. Makes perfect sense.
Online Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

I just don't understand why they don't use these departures to make eventful interesting stories.

There should have been more lead up to Jack dying so people were more invested in him as a character.
Bo should be going out with a bang maybe finally being on the verge of putting the Dimera's away and then mysteriously disappearing.

A hand should have come over Melanie just as she was leaving to get on the plane and pulled her away.... it could have been Stefano, Andrew, Chad, Gabi, Nick, Ej, or my personal favourite Vivian Alamain on behalf of Lawrence. All left up to speculation as we don't hear anything about it for the next couple of years.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Daysofold

concerned
Sep 30 2012, 10:18 PM
I just don't understand why they don't use these departures to make eventful interesting stories.

There should have been more lead up to Jack dying so people were more invested in him as a character.
Bo should be going out with a bang maybe finally being on the verge of putting the Dimera's away and then mysteriously disappearing.

A hand should have come over Melanie just as she was leaving to get on the plane and pulled her away.... it could have been Stefano, Andrew, Chad, Gabi, Nick, Ej, or my personal favourite Vivian Alamain on behalf of Lawrence. All left up to speculation as we don't hear anything about it for the next couple of years.
Unfortunately TPTB do not invest in quality writers, so ultimately it's the fans who suffer. There are MANY of us who could write a better storyline for the characters on Days.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic