Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, September 28th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Sep 27 2012, 01:49 PM (6,311 Views)
Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

:peek: So is that the end of Melanie?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

i would feel bad for will if he has not in last few months prove he does not care less about lucas at all and it pain me to admit that

so i do not get why now he all sudden he does care what lucas think

i think will himself does not feel uncomfortable 100% with being gay just yet that what he slept with gabby few weeks so he lash out on lucas just few weeks even when lucas did nothing wrong than so he put all his frustration on himself on lucas
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

DanishDoolFan
Sep 27 2012, 03:07 PM
EJ is a prick. Can he just.. Go away? And take his beloved Samantha with him. I need Eric to show his fine self soon, please. Enough is enough.
It's so sad what they have done to Ej's character to prop up Safe, I'm sure he'll be thrown under the bus even more once Sami's perfect brother comes to town. :shame: Thankfully though I won't be around to watch.

The only decent sounding scenes for tomorrow's show are Lucas/Adrienne and Justin/Sonny. I'll catch those scenes on youtube, not giving this crappy show any ratings. :flipoff:
Quote Post Goto Top

Daysdegrassi
Member Avatar

lumifan4life
Sep 27 2012, 02:49 PM
Daysdegrassi
Sep 27 2012, 02:44 PM
lumifan4life
Sep 27 2012, 02:40 PM
Will's attitude doesn't surprise me at all. He's been a jerk to his dad from the very beginning since Lucas came back to Salem. So basically he'll find any excuse at this point to be mad at him. Lucas' reaction is very realistic and he's being honest. He's not shunning Will and not disowning him. He's just uncomfortable seeing two guys making out and being a couple that's all and it will take some getting used to. Looks like Adrienne understands too. I really like this conversation and it doesn't make Lucas look bad at all. I don't feel even the slightest bit of sympathy for Will nor have I ever. Being gay does not make him a martyr. He's still a little ungrateful prick to his dad and that hasn't changed. Plus when the Wabi baby news comes out, watch Lucas support Will of course while Justin and Adrienne flip, lol.
So what you're saying is that Will should be grateful to his dad for not accepting him? THAT is nonsense! Sure, Will has been a brat before, but he has every right to be mad at Lucas now. Just a few weeks ago, Lucas told Will that he accepted him and loved him, and now he is wishing that Will isn't gay. I don't understand how this is Will's fault.
Will has been ungrateful to Lucas for many things. The months of EJ worship proved that. He didn't care that his dad went to jail for him and sacrificed everything for him. And he didn't care about his dad's feelings at all when he helped Sami go on the run with EJ. Will can be mad at Lucas all he wants but this is just consistent with every single other reason he found to be mad at Lucas. Will hasn't treated Lucas with even an ounce of respect since he came back to Salem. Sure he can be mad but that doesn't excuse that in general he's treated his dad like crap for months for no reason. Lucas loves Will and accepts that he's gay but that doesn't mean that when he actually witnesses the PDA he's not going to have issues. That's just as realistic as Will being angry now. I feel for Lucas in this situation. If I cared about Will, I'd feel for him but other than the fact that he's a Lumi baby, Will sucks and I can't stand him. And he will break Sonny's heart into tiny little pieces and feed them to the vultures. Rest assured that will happen, lol.
I guess I can see where you are coming from, just not in this case. I was dumbfounded when Will helped EJami get away, even though he knew Lucas was with Sami at the time. It looks like Will turns his anger from Sami towards Lucas! I wish they would make up already, but I see another LuWill clash when the Wabi sex is revealed. I just want to see Will accept himself, make things right with his family and eventually end up with Sonny.

Daysdegrassi
Member Avatar

The only good things about this show here are:
-Melanie's departure
-Adrienne and Lucas

THAT'S IT! I'll watch that on youtube I'm never going to give Days any ratings as long as they write crappy storylines *cough* EJoledeadbaby *cough*. That was the last straw for me. Unless, of course, the baby turns out to be alive because Stefano or EJ paid the OBGYN to deliver false news and give them the child without Nicole knowing.

johnwalterseip
Member Avatar

lumifan4life
Sep 27 2012, 02:40 PM
Will's attitude doesn't surprise me at all. He's been a jerk to his dad from the very beginning since Lucas came back to Salem. So basically he'll find any excuse at this point to be mad at him. Lucas' reaction is very realistic and he's being honest. He's not shunning Will and not disowning him. He's just uncomfortable seeing two guys making out and being a couple that's all and it will take some getting used to. Looks like Adrienne understands too. I really like this conversation and it doesn't make Lucas look bad at all. I don't feel even the slightest bit of sympathy for Will nor have I ever. Being gay does not make him a martyr. He's still a little ungrateful prick to his dad and that hasn't changed. Plus when the Wabi baby news comes out, watch Lucas support Will of course while Justin and Adrienne flip, lol.
Lucas isnt thinking at all about Will. he doesnt want Will with Sonny because he LUCAS cant deal with having a gay son. Lucas is the one making it all about him. So glad Adrienne called Lucas on his CRAP

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

btw lucas never saw will kiss anyone inculde gabby and mia before he saw will and
sonny kiss

btw in real life experience few years i was sitting on bus while they were 2 people man and women were busy stand infront my on seat kissing and seem close to have major make out lucas reaction to wilson was better mine
and since it man and woman no one accuse me my problem with couple since it man and woman but if said my reaction was to man and man or woman and woman kiss i sure some people think that my problem not the fact the chose to display their affection infront of me
Edited by Partnersincrime, Sep 27 2012, 03:27 PM.

Ilovecandy
Member Avatar

Mirage75
Sep 27 2012, 02:38 PM
I love seeing Justin in lawyer mode.

Adrienne/Lucas sounds good. But Adrienne- should stick with her first feeling about Will and Sonny- cause her little boy will end up hurt.

I love the family dynamic between Justin/Adrienne/Sonny. I want more of that.

Thank goodness the bitch Melame is gone!

Will still annoys me. He's too much like his whiny ass mother. Where the hell is Brian for Sonny- or someone totally new for Sonny.

Sami is pathetic. I hate everything about her. And I can't stand Ali's acting at all.

I can't find a single flaw with that comment every word you wrote is just beautirful I cant I cant even begin to express how in full agreement I am with you comment.I agree with every single word that are Written i this comment
Posted Image
I just want to add Melanie is leaving Posted Image

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Sep 27 2012, 03:09 PM
On one hand I like that they are giving Lucas something to do as I feared that we would get the once every two week token scene and be done with it now that he's out of Sami's orbit.....but I don't trust Tomlin to not fuck up Lucas intentionally here in order to make Rafe and others look wonderful.

I said this yesterday, I would prefer to have Lucas speak to Justin next and you know, he could love and accept that his son is gay but STILL feel uncomfortable at seeing him kissing another man. What I don't like is Will's attitude toward his father and Lucas not getting a chance to talk to Sonny's dad about how he came to terms with what Lucas is going through now, and then Adrienne is given this dialogue:

Quote:

bigots are everywhere, sometimes where you least expect them

She says this after the conversation with Lucas and I don't like this type of dialogue because as much as the audience might understand how Lucas feels it will only be good if Lucas accepts this without being labeled a bigot or a homophobe before he accepts it.

It's sort of a strange feeling for me as a BD fan, this can give Bryan some really good material but if he's going to be painted as the bigot homophobe here then it's just stupid. I think it's rather realistic for parents of kids that come out to be spoofed when they witness their son/daughter engaged in PDA with their same sex partner, especially for the first time, and it'll take them some time to adjust to the thought of seeing that and not letting it bother them. You know, it's strange to have to witness my teenage son making out with a female now, so why can't Lucas feel the same way? I understand where Lucas is coming from but I also don't like the writing for Will opposite Lucas.....and I get that there is a mayor bombshell that will happen likely soon and probably flip the sides and maybe then Will and Lucas will grow closer, but Will and Lucas were always very close and the writing bothers me...maybe it's just the person that is writing it and my lack of trust of that person that bothers me more than the actual writing, lol.....
Exactly, LL. It was the "bigot" line from Adrienne that made me worry, as they are obviously putting that label on Lucas. What I saw today is a potentially good story with a reaction from a father that seems pretty realistic to me. I'd like to see a story where someone who is really close to Will struggles with him dating guys and not in a cartoonish way, but in a very realistic way, and ultimately grows from facing their prejudices head on. I think that could create some very moving and eventually touching drama. My only worry is GT's lack of poignancy in his writing to actually create this kind of story and his lack of regard for Lucas specifically. It makes me worry they are making Lucas look like the bad guy so it's easier to give him the boot whenever they want. Hopefully we are worrying for nothing.

La_Laa

Ilovecandy
Sep 27 2012, 03:29 PM
Mirage75
Sep 27 2012, 02:38 PM
I love seeing Justin in lawyer mode.

Adrienne/Lucas sounds good. But Adrienne- should stick with her first feeling about Will and Sonny- cause her little boy will end up hurt.

I love the family dynamic between Justin/Adrienne/Sonny. I want more of that.

Thank goodness the bitch Melame is gone!

Will still annoys me. He's too much like his whiny ass mother. Where the hell is Brian for Sonny- or someone totally new for Sonny.

Sami is pathetic. I hate everything about her. And I can't stand Ali's acting at all.

I can't find a single flaw with that comment every word you wrote is just beautirful I cant I cant even begin to express how in full agreement I am with you comment.I agree with every single word that are Written i this comment
Posted Image
I just want to add Melanie is leaving Posted Image
And here comes Ilovecandy with great images. Keep it up!

lumifan4life

If Adrienne, Justin, Will, Sonny, and the whole entire Salem wants to see Lucas as a bigot well good for them because they are so perfect that I'm sure none of them ever had any issues whatsoever. Adrienne and Justin are so lucky that the viewers didn't have to see them coming to acceptance over Sonny being gay. We're just seeing them after the fact years later when everything is all sunshine and roses so we can't even imagine if they ever had any realistic issues. Of course they didn't cause they were perfectly happy and comfortable with everything overnight. But Lucas is getting that story and he's the one seen as a bigot. That's just great and I'm not surprised if Tomlin wants the entire viewing audience to hate him. He can just go right ahead and do that. Some of us still see Lucas portraying real, human emotions. And some of us will never see Will as some innocent victim here, not after he treated his dad like shit for months. But of course none of that matters now cause Lucas is the bad guy, I get it.
Edited by lumifan4life, Sep 27 2012, 03:46 PM.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

i think when sonny show up justin and Adrienne mention there were in support group
Edited by Partnersincrime, Sep 27 2012, 04:01 PM.

lumifan4life

Partnersincrime
Sep 27 2012, 03:52 PM
i think when sonny show uo justin and Adrienne mention there were in support group
Well I'm shocked, Adrienne and Justin were in a support group? You mean they didn't automatically overnight come to full acceptance like they are pretending now? Yet Lucas whose only known his son is gay for a few months and just for the first time saw him kissing a boy yesterday is being called a bigot? Well that's something, lol. I would think since Justin and Adrienne have all this life experience with this subject that they could at least maybe suggest to Lucas that he should try a support group too instead of implying that he's a bigot behind his back because he hasn't come to a full acceptance overnight.
Edited by lumifan4life, Sep 27 2012, 03:59 PM.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

13 july 2011
Quote:

Victor: So. You're gay.

Sonny: As pink ink.

Victor: You sure it's not a phase like the high-top sneakers with a suit?

Sonny: No, it's not a phase.

Victor: I don't know how to react to this. Never had anybody in the family who was gay before.

Sonny: Oh, come on, uncle vic. I know you can't be that naive.

Victor: I assume your parents are aware of this.

Sonny: Yeah. Yeah, I told 'em a few years ago.

Victor: A few years ago? How'd they take it?

Sonny: You know, not bad. It was kind of a shock. But then I told them about pflag.

Victor: What's that?

Sonny: Parents and friends of lesbians and gays. They do support groups, and it really helped them understand.

Victor: If they're so supportive, how come they didn't tell me about it?

Sonny: Because they were afraid that you wouldn't be. Anyway, I'm really happy they didn't get into it with you. 'Cause it's better this way. You know, me telling you myself. Face to face.

monie1973

I don't think Will is being a jerk for once he is being honest about himself and who he wants and that is great. Will and Lucas had a good honest conversation that needed to be had and I hope they continue to talk. Glad we got to see Adrienne defend Will and Sonny, I hope after Will and Lucas talk that he goes to see Sonny and they talk about whe he and Lucas talked about. Maybe we can have Lucas and Justin run into eachother and talk about Will and Sonny and how Justin felt when Sonny told him who is was.

As for Gabi being preggers I really hope she is not but if she is technically Will and Sonny were not together when that happened but I still think she won't be but that night will be an angst for Will and Sonny later.

I can't stand EJ he is getting on my last nerve. Jennifer is also on my last nerve when did she become Ms. Detective and snooping. I am enjoying the show thus far even when some annoy me good for Days for telling realistic stories and some may say Lucas is being a homophobe or whatever but I think he is being real and from what I heard that is how some people react to seeing things like that I haven't so I am not sure how I would feel. Adrienne I'm glad realized she can't blame Will for the things his parents have done and I am glad that Will is figuring out he has made mistakes too but he is trying to get his life back on track, good for him. LOVE U SONNY!!!!
Edited by monie1973, Sep 27 2012, 04:16 PM.

lumifan4life

Partnersincrime
Sep 27 2012, 04:00 PM
13 july 2011
Quote:

Victor: I don't know how to react to this. Never had anybody in the family who was gay before.

Sonny: You know, not bad. It was kind of a shock. But then I told them about pflag.

Sonny: Parents and friends of lesbians and gays. They do support groups, and it really helped them understand.

Sonny: Because they were afraid that you wouldn't be. Anyway, I'm really happy they didn't get into it with you. 'Cause it's better this way. You know, me telling you myself. Face to face.
Thanks for the transript. So perfect Justin and Adrienne actually needed professional help to deal with this as in a support group. Love how they are acting all holier than thou now and judging Lucas when he's barely even had time to deal with it. Great supportive parents of another gay child they are. Please....

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

lumifan4life
Sep 27 2012, 04:11 PM
Partnersincrime
13 july 2011
Quote:

Thanks for the transript. So perfect Justin and Adrienne actually needed professional help to deal with this as in a support group. Love how they are acting all holier than thou now and judging Lucas when he's barely even had time to deal with it. Great supportive parents of another gay child they are. Please....
i do not blame justin and Adrienne being defnsive it only show they human not perfect

i do blame the idiot writer that wrote some of dialog and the write in charge that his last name start with that if the first reaction for something shocking to person it not to throw party so the person is wrong and bad

nolagirl
Member Avatar

cyndabell
Sep 27 2012, 02:26 PM
Adrienne will be eating crow soon enough. I'm still waiting for signs that Gabi is pregnant because if that isn't the reason Sonny's heart gets broken, I don't know what else they could have in mind. I just thought that Gabi might've been showing signs by now. Lucas's reaction is realistic, but quite unexpected, to me at least. I always thought Lucas would be one of Will's biggest supporters, but instead he's coming off as Will's biggest and only detractor.
That's thanks to Tomlin - Will/Lucas/Sami dynamic is completely off once again showing that Tomlin does not or doen't care about the characters past.

Lucas was always behind Will no matter what, he even went to jail for him and sent him out of the country to save him.

Sami has always made Will's life about herself, now she's portrayed as the one who accepts it. Sorry that doesn't wash.

Will personally at this point I can't stand him, he backs his mother with everyone but his dad, after the way she just dropped Lucas one would think Will would be a bit more caring as to his father feelings. But then I guess since he helped Sami escape with EJ and hump Rafe while he played daddy to Allie and the rest of her brewd. Will's loyalties have changed to every other man but his father. Maybe it's because deep down he has a crush on Ej and Rafe, hey that's the storyline they shoudl go for Sami and Will fighting for the same man. :shame:

Mirage75
Member Avatar

I agree with others that there needs to be some Justin/Lucas scenes and have them talk about Sonny/Will. I think if he talked to Justin and hear from another father's perspective I understand Lucas' concerns and his reaction seems realistic.

I just hate that Sami is the perfect parent -ugh! I loathe her even more.

Edited by Mirage75, Sep 27 2012, 04:30 PM.

lumifan4life

lumifan4life
Sep 27 2012, 04:11 PM
Partnersincrime
13 july 2011
Quote:

The entire writing is crap so of course the writers are to blame but we can also blame characters within the context of the story, lol. If Justin and Adrienne needed to attend a support group (according to Sonny) to deal with him being gay that only proves that they did not come to a full acceptance overnight and needed outside professional help. So for Adrienne to imply that Lucas is a bigot behind his back when he did not get the same help they did does not make her look human, instead it makes her look like a holier than thou hypocrite. Instead of judging Lucas if she would have instead told him "Hey look this wasn't easy for Justin and me either and we actually went to a support group and it really helped us. Maybe you should too." then I would see that as being helpful and human, especially coming from a more experienced parent of a gay child. Instead Lucas is being judged and Justin and Adrienne are seen as perfect with no issues whatsoever because they had years to deal with this and went to a support group. Way for being fair to Lucas but I guess that's not Tomlin's intention. He has to look bad no matter what.
Edited by lumifan4life, Sep 27 2012, 04:35 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply