Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, September 28th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Sep 27 2012, 01:49 PM (6,210 Views)
Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

Need to give TomSell a little credit, they actually are using Justin and Adrienne and in less than 2 months they even made a point to show the fans that they still live in a house in Salem, Bless their heart!

Jack was on for over 8 or 9 months and MARDAR has everyone believing he slept in a card board box, somewhere near HTS.

TomSell doing one thing right, is not going to make up for the other 20 things they've done wrong.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bomber
Member Avatar

Dreamer
Sep 29 2012, 10:27 PM
Need to give TomSell a little credit, they actually are using Justin and Adrienne and in less than 2 months they even made a point to show the fans that they still live in a house in Salem, Bless their heart!

Jack was on for over 8 or 9 months and MARDAR has everyone believing he slept in a card board box, somewhere near HTS.

TomSell doing one thing right, is not going to make up for the other 20 things they've done wrong.
Yet they refused to write for J & J. Sigh.

Ireland98

Dreamer
Sep 29 2012, 10:27 PM

I thought MarDar wanted to do with more with Jack (which is why they brought him back), including the PTSD storyline, but NBC interfered. I could be wrong, but I thought I read that somewhere :shrug:

King
Member Avatar

I don't think the two new (?), younger (?) execs at NBC really know what they're doing.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Whether Sami and Rafe belong together or not, I do like the current conflict keeping them apart with EJ blackmailing Rafe by using Gabi. It strengthens the sibling connection Rafe and Gabi have, which seriously needs to be showcased more, and it really helps Rafe's character after the way he pushed Arianna aside in favor of Sami. I totally disagreed with the way they had Rafe written when Arianna died, but Tomlin/Whitesell are gaining points from me by having Rafe stand beside Gabi this time, rather than Sami.

So much for Melanie and Abigail being such best friends. Melanie couldn't even say goodbye to her.

Something about Lucas and Adrienne's scenes jumped out at me. Evans and Dattilo had a certain, dare I say, chemistry. While watching the scenes play out, a story developed in my mind where Lucas would go to Adrienne for advice on how to deal with a gay son, and in the process, Lucas and Adrienne grow closer. It could be a natural surprise that comes out of nowhere, but actually could make sense. Perhaps Justin is working long hours with cases, so Adrienne gets lonely, and spending so much time with Lucas as she helps him deal with Will dating other men, she finds comfort in his company. It would certainly give Kurth, Evans and Dattilo story that all three very well deserve.

However, I didn't like Adrienne labeling Lucas a bigot. And I also don't think Lucas being uncomfortable with Will dating guys takes away anything that MarDar did with having Lucas being so understanding when Will came out. There are many parents that accept their child as gay, but once it comes to dating, they're uncomfortable with the situation. I think it's natural for Lucas to be that way. He's very close to Will, so of course he would love Will no matter who he is, but seeing Will being intimate with another man could still make him uncomfortable. That doesn't really make him a bigot. It makes him human. I do agree that a Lucas and Justin scene is necessary and would be a nice touch to help Lucas understand better.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Sep 30 2012, 02:06 PM
Something about Lucas and Adrienne's scenes jumped out at me. Evans and Dattilo had a certain, dare I say, chemistry. While watching the scenes play out, a story developed in my mind where Lucas would go to Adrienne for advice on how to deal with a gay son, and in the process, Lucas and Adrienne grow closer. It could be a natural surprise that comes out of nowhere, but actually could make sense. Perhaps Justin is working long hours with cases, so Adrienne gets lonely, and spending so much time with Lucas as she helps him deal with Will dating other men, she finds comfort in his company. It would certainly give Kurth, Evans and Dattilo story that all three very well deserve.
Yes to all of this.

appleblossom

DrewHamilton
Whether Sami and Rafe belong together or not, I do like the current conflict keeping them apart with EJ blackmailing Rafe by using Gabi. It strengthens the sibling connection Rafe and Gabi have, which seriously needs to be showcased more, and it really helps Rafe's character after the way he pushed Arianna aside in favor of Sami. I totally disagreed with the way they had Rafe written when Arianna died, but Tomlin/Whitesell are gaining points from me by having Rafe stand beside Gabi this time, rather than Sami.

So much for Melanie and Abigail being such best friends. Melanie couldn't even say goodbye to her.

However, I didn't like Adrienne labeling Lucas a bigot. And I also don't think Lucas being uncomfortable with Will dating guys takes away anything that MarDar did with having Lucas being so understanding when Will came out. There are many parents that accept their child as gay, but once it comes to dating, they're uncomfortable with the situation. I think it's natural for Lucas to be that way. He's very close to Will, so of course he would love Will no matter who he is, but seeing Will being intimate with another man could still make him uncomfortable. That doesn't really make him a bigot. It makes him human. I do agree that a Lucas and Justin scene is necessary and would be a nice touch to help Lucas understand better.
I noticed some chemistry between Adrienne and Lucas. I'm not so sure about an affair, maybe good friends. I don't think Lucas wants to damage his friendship with Victor by getting involved with his nephew's wife. Adrienne could hook him up with someone. I'm assuming she has quite a social life.

Mirage75
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton

That could be interesting.

monie1973

Will is not being a jerk to me he is being honest about his feelings and that is good. Will has a right to be sad his dad is disappointed in him. Lucas has a right also to feel the way he does this is new for him as well as for WIll. Everything Will is feeling and going through is new so he has to learn to be confident in himself and Lucas has to become confident in seeing his son being gay.

I hope after all of this Will goes to talk to Sonny and not hide from him because of what was said, but I don't think Sonny is going to let Will keep things from him. I hope this brings them closer. I like Will and I like Sonny and I like Lucas. I hope we get to see them all interact and see how things will work out.

I don't think Gabi is going to be pregnant I think this will come back to bite Will and Sonny later though.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton

i notice bit of chemistry with JA and BD Already in 2003 she played bonnie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvxHECm4NHc&feature=plcp

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

I at first hated Molly Burnett as Melanie, but I think she grew into a good actress and I grew to like Melanie. I will miss her. I do think that Melanie will be re-cast in a few months. I think Sarah Glendening (ex-Marissa,AMC) or Melissa Archer(ex-Natalie,OLTL) would be good in the role.
Edited by Kevin_Buchanan, Oct 1 2012, 05:40 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply