Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Steel Magnolias Remake; Queen Latifah, Jill Scott. Alfre Woodard
Topic Started: Sep 27 2012, 08:59 PM (1,325 Views)
lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

'Steel Magnolias’ remake blooms high ratings for Lifetime :P

LOS ANGELES —

“Steel Magnolias” towered for Lifetime on Sunday night.

A remake of the 1989 feature weeper about six resilient female friends of various ages - this time with an all-black cast led by Queen Latifah - delivered an average of 6.5 million total viewers in its premiere, according to Nielsen.

That was No. 3 on Lifetime’s all-time most-watched list and its best numbers since the 2006 telecast of a TV movie about the life of “American Idol” star Fantasia Barrino.

“Magnolias” scored much better among younger adults than much of Lifetime’s recent programming. Among women ages 25 to 54, “Steel Magnolias” delivered 2.5 million viewers, the highest tally in Lifetime’s history.

http://www.the-leader.com/newsnow/x595540243/Steel-Magnolias-remake-blooms-high-ratings-for-Lifetime

http://www.broadway.com/buzz/164585/star-studded-steel-magnolias-remake-brings-big-numbers-to-lifetime-tv/

So ELATED for All Involved with this project because a lot of Hollywood critics wanted it to failed. :tounge:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Just because the premiere got ratings doesn't mean the re-airings will. I guess that doesn't really matter to Lifetime though. I'm sure a lot of people tuned in because they were curious fans of the original.

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

I myself can care less about the ratings for the re-airings the focus was on the premiere which was so supposed to do very badly according to critics and it did not.

Tammy
Member Avatar

Sadly, just because a lot of people watched it doesn't mean a lot of people liked it.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

The Steel Magnolia remake was a big disaster!!! I was willing to give the movie a chance, because there were several actors I like that were in the cast.
However, I was very dissappointed. They showed no emotion at all. :hmmph:
Edited by bellajewel, Nov 14 2012, 11:36 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply