Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Monday, October 1st Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Sep 28 2012, 01:41 PM (5,573 Views)
Dee-anne

concerned
Sep 30 2012, 06:59 PM
Also Sami if your ex husband is a "pyscho nut job" its probably not a great idea to cuddle up to him on the couch.

And instead of telling him "there's always been something between us" perhaps opt for " I want to get along with you so we can co parent our children but I am not interested in any other relationship with you".
That makes too much sense, so of course the writers would not have her saying that. Plus they would be missing out on the opportunity throw a crumb to the Ejami fans.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

Dee-anne
Sep 30 2012, 07:03 PM
concerned
Also Sami if your ex husband is a "pyscho nut job" its probably not a great idea to cuddle up to him on the couch.

And instead of telling him "there's always been something between us" perhaps opt for " I want to get along with you so we can co parent our children but I am not interested in any other relationship with you".
That makes too much sense, so of course the writers would not have her saying that. Plus they would be missing out on the opportunity throw a crumb to the Ejami fans.
But if they made her a more redeemable/likeable/less fickle character maybe it would be easier to care about whether she reunites with her one true love.

NikiLani
Member Avatar

I don't think Chad is necessarily the bad guy here, only that whatever is happening to him has been rushed. As he's being pitted against Nick, who's just been released from jail for killing someone because the pills he took made him a psycho stalker, Nick is looking to do good while Chad in his frustrations ends up doing bad plus it doesn't help that Chad isn't that great a fan-favourite. I know I never cared one bit about him before, I still don't but I have love Nick since the day he came into town as the most adorable geek ever. I loved him through the whole Melanie nonsense (probably why I hated Mel so much). I hated what he did back then. For me it's not about who is the good guy or the bad guy, I just love Nick and poor Chad (through the ensuing crap writing) will have to suffer for it just as my favourites have had to in the past.

It's nothing but the roll of the dice for Chad, that is not good writing and why I hope this show gets cancelled when the contract is up to save us from more WTF s/ls.
Edited by NikiLani, Sep 30 2012, 11:38 PM.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Dreamer
Sep 28 2012, 07:29 PM
5)In her defence... don't get too excited...in her little defence.... I do believe a person can find true love more than once in their lifetime... so Dan might be it, its just the fact that he saved her life was so undramatic, it doesn't come close to what the real Jennifer should have felt for Jack Deveraux, when he came home and needed her to help him get through a rough time in his life. FYI... Jack saved Jennifer more times than I can count and now I firmly believe, more times than he should have.
I agree about a person finding true love again but not a month after the love of their life died. And not when she just spent months proclaiming her love to Jack & acting like Daniel didn't exist. And I get tired of hearing how Daniel saved her life. He's a doctor, he was doing his job and unlike Jack he never risked his life for Jennifer. Jack has risked life, multiple times. A few times too many.

michelle
Member Avatar

concerned
Sep 30 2012, 07:15 PM
Dee-anne
Sep 30 2012, 07:03 PM
concerned

But if they made her a more redeemable/likeable/less fickle character maybe it would be easier to care about whether she reunites with her one true love.
I'm already back to hating her guts and wishing for her to have an agonizing, painful death.

Romancer66

LanaluvsBroe
Oct 1 2012, 07:02 AM
Dreamer
Sep 28 2012, 07:29 PM
5)In her defence... don't get too excited...in her little defence.... I do believe a person can find true love more than once in their lifetime... so Dan might be it, its just the fact that he saved her life was so undramatic, it doesn't come close to what the real Jennifer should have felt for Jack Deveraux, when he came home and needed her to help him get through a rough time in his life. FYI... Jack saved Jennifer more times than I can count and now I firmly believe, more times than he should have.
I agree about a person finding true love again but not a month after the love of their life died. And not when she just spent months proclaiming her love to Jack & acting like Daniel didn't exist. And I get tired of hearing how Daniel saved her life. He's a doctor, he was doing his job and unlike Jack he never risked his life for Jennifer. Jack has risked life, multiple times. A few times too many.
More than that, Jack risked his life to save their daughter. He made the ultimate sacrifice, giving up his own life to ensure Abigail's survival (leaving aside for a moment that it was a sacrifice that wouldn't have been necessary if Jennifer and Cameron hadn't both been thoughtless and careless about holding the doors open a second longer). I can't believe Jen-Jen places more stock on Dr. Wipeout doing his job than on Jack rescuing their firstborn.

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

Abby lost her cellphone? How irresponsible is that or should I say how convenient?

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

Not feeling it with Jennifer and Abby convo over Jack's death and their grief. Scene just feels so random!

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

If Sami can see something is wrong with Rafe, from dinner last night to his change of mind about 'them', How come she does see EJ as the smooth operator that he is? Sami is dick thinking again! One dick out, another dick in!!

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

BO what are you thinking? Leaving from being a Cop to go after Stefano in your own way? OMG get me a gun. If Bo hasn't been able to off Steffy in twenty years, how the hell does he think that he will finally close him down, working on his own? The SPD sucks obviously, Bo basically inferred that.
Edited by Dreamer, Oct 1 2012, 12:26 PM.

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

Watching a double dose of DAYS today and unfortunately I think TomSell might just be sucking me back in!

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Today's episode is so boring. That nap is looking better and better. :sleep:

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Dreamer
Oct 1 2012, 12:18 PM
Not feeling it with Jennifer and Abby convo over Jack's death and their grief. Scene just feels so random!
Maybe if we'd actually seen them grieving for more than one day up to this point, their conversation wouldn't be so random. :moon:
Edited by LanaluvsBroe, Oct 1 2012, 12:39 PM.

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

So many unhappy people in Salem right now. TomSell is definitely in the house!

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Dreamer
Oct 1 2012, 12:40 PM
So many unhappy people in Salem right now. TomSell is definitely in the house!
They're about as happy as the audience.
Edited by LanaluvsBroe, Oct 1 2012, 12:50 PM.

Courtneya6688
Member Avatar

Yeah really they all are sad or pathetic or both i dont see them getting any happier any time soon

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

I'm wishing more and more that Jack had pushed that car off the bridge instead. :flipoff:

Hamilton
Member Avatar

Definitely intrigued that Daniel has a plan we aren't privy too yet. Days needs some mystery woven in that actually amounts to something.

I like Ej in is his full out devilish mode. So smooth today in coming out ahead with Samantha. I also thought Sami's plea to Rafe was well written and those scenes played perfectly. Throwing the beer bottle was a good choice to let us see Rafe's frustration.

Daniel not letting Ej pass was such fun. Ej always saunters in wherever he wants and I've always wondered why no one ever protests. I really liked the squaring off between the two men.

Oooo Nicole is just as sneaky as Ej....I do like her plotting away. Loved how once she got some info out of Gabi she pretty much shoved her along out the door.

Jennifer isn't mourning, she is too busy snooping.

I'd like to see Bo finally get the upper hand on the Dimeras as he makes his way out. Hope the show actually delivers in that respect.

ScorpioQueen
Member Avatar

Today's show was pretty good. I'm intrigued by Daniel taking on EJ. I wonder what beef Daniel's got with EJ aside from Nic's baby. I'm interested in how that unfolds.

Jennifer Horton is getting on my everlasting nerves. When she freaked out when Abby mentioned Daniel I had to FF. It was too much. If tptb want us to like Daniel/Jennifer they need to think again. I haven't commented on them because this pairing honestly makes no sense.

I'm rooting for Sami/Rafe this time around and I didn't before. It's amazing how much I like Rafe when he's not playing hero to a damsel in distress running from big, bad EJ. The exception is Gabi. I love their brother-sister relationship.

So I guess Gabi's going to keep Abby in the dark why Chelanie broke up and Melanie's in Europe. I see why but it's just another lie. I wonder what Abby will say when she sees Nick's injuries. If she sees them.

Bo/Hope/Roman/Caroline bored me--again.

Daysdegrassi
Member Avatar

ScorpioQueen
Oct 1 2012, 10:46 PM
Today's show was pretty good. I'm intrigued by Daniel taking on EJ. I wonder what beef Daniel's got with EJ aside from Nic's baby. I'm interested in how that unfolds.

Jennifer Horton is getting on my everlasting nerves. When she freaked out when Abby mentioned Daniel I had to FF. It was too much. If tptb want us to like Daniel/Jennifer they need to think again. I haven't commented on them because this pairing honestly makes no sense.

I'm rooting for Sami/Rafe this time around and I didn't before. It's amazing how much I like Rafe when he's not playing hero to a damsel in distress running from big, bad EJ. The exception is Gabi. I love their brother-sister relationship.

So I guess Gabi's going to keep Abby in the dark why Chelanie broke up and Melanie's in Europe. I see why but it's just another lie. I wonder what Abby will say when she sees Nick's injuries. If she sees them.

Bo/Hope/Roman/Caroline bored me--again.
Well, as for Abby finding out about the injuries, I know that Abby has a showdown with Chad next week, who supposedly will lose friends.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply