Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Soap Ratings for Week of September 17-21, 2012
Topic Started: Sep 28 2012, 05:57 PM (2,884 Views)
Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — Ratings Report for the Week of September 17-21, 2012

Numbers are based on Live+Same Day ratings

(Compared to Last Week/Compared to Last Year)

Total Viewers
1. Y&R 4,289,000 (+73,000/+40,000)
2. B&B 3,139,000 (-25,000/+497,000)
3. GH 2,578,000 (+50,000/+139,000)
4. DAYS 2,312,000 (+15,000/-10,000)

Households
1. Y&R 3.3/11 (+.1/+.1)
2. B&B 2.4/8 (same/+.3)
3. GH 2.0/6 (+.1/+.2)
4. DAYS 1.8/6 (same/+.1)

Women 18-49 Viewers
1. Y&R 734,000 (-58,000/-101,000) <—– new low *
2. B&B 629,000 (-26,000/+119,000)
3. GH 609,000 (+22,000/-51,000)
4. DAYS 449,000 (-55,000/-132,000)

* Previous low: 756,000 (December 5-9, 2011)

Women 18-49 Rating
1. Y&R 1.1/8 (-.1/-.2) <—– new low *
2. B&B 1.0/6 (same/+.2)
2. GH 1.0/6 (+.1/same)
4. DAYS 0.7/5 (-.1/-.2) <—– ties low

* Previous low: 1.2/8 (September 10-14, 2012)

Women 18-34 Rating
1. GH 0.6 (same/same)
2. DAYS 0.5 (same/-.2)
2. B&B 0.5 (same/+.2)
2. Y&R 0.5 (-.1/-.2) <—– ties low

Men 18+ Viewers
1. Y&R 943,000 (+29,000/-13,000)
2. B&B 713,000 (+38,000/+133,000)
3. GH 557,000 (+36,000/+111,000)
4. DAYS 479,000 (+26,000/-37,000)

Day-To-Day Ratings – HH/Total Viewers

B&B
Monday: 2.6/3,428,000
Tuesday: 2.5/3,197,000
Wednesday: 2.3/2,959,000
Thursday: 2.3/3,117,000
Friday: 2.3/2,992,000

DAYS
Monday: 1.8/2,292,000
Tuesday: 1.9/2,442,000
Wednesday: 1.7/2,243,000
Thursday: 1.8/2,284,000
Friday: 1.7/2,299,000

GH
Monday: 2.0/2,641,000
Tuesday: 2.0/2,667,000
Wednesday: 2.0/2,509,000
Thursday: 1.9/2,490,000
Friday: 1.9/2,583,000

Y&R
Monday: 3.4/4,407,000
Tuesday: 3.4/4,338,000
Wednesday: 3.3/4,383,000
Thursday: 3.1/4,069,000
Friday: 3.2/4,249,000

Source: SON
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Queen B
Member Avatar

LOL Y&R and DAYS are hardly holding up right now, hilarious.

badaddiction
Member Avatar

Well, it seems the men are satisfied with their soaps, unfortunately or should that be fortunately, their demo isn't the one that counts.

Romancer66

I guess the GA isn't going for T&W 2's so-called vision. Maybe trying to return the show to 2010 isn't such a great idea, after all.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

Y&R has a chance with the new team coming on. But those demos are sad.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

DAYS...embarrassing. Y&R...sad to see. Its only a matter of time before they dip below 4 mil. B&B...holy shit looking at their improvement from last year is jarring. That show is fire, even if creatively it sucks. I don't watch it so I'm not saying that as my opinion, just what most seem to say. I'm impressed with GH maintaining. 2,500,000 is a good spot for them. As long as they stay in that range I think they're safe. Would love to see them continue to climb though.

lovinsafe
Member Avatar

Days has a new dynamics going on it’s not about your favorite couples anymore. There are going to be fans that are upset with PR leaving. They have the Will and Sony relationship. The triangle. Melanie leaving! There is something for viewers to hate and love and this will affect ratings!

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

lovinsafe
Sep 29 2012, 10:57 AM
Days has a new dynamics going on it’s not about your favorite couples anymore. There are going to be fans that are upset with PR leaving. They have the Will and Sony relationship. The triangle. Melanie leaving! There is something for viewers to hate and love and this will affect ratings!
Yeah, that's called every television show in the history of the world. No one is going to love everything, but at this point there's almost nothing to love. For me, at least. Some might feel different, but I don't see it.

Romancer66

DiMeraFan67
Sep 29 2012, 11:50 AM
lovinsafe
Yeah, that's called every television show in the history of the world. No one is going to love everything, but at this point there's almost nothing to love. For me, at least. Some might feel different, but I don't see it.
To judge by the ratings more people are hating DAYS--or are being bored stiff by it--than loving it now. But then, going backwards hardly ever works as a longterm strategy. Pity T&W were too hobbled by their gargantuan case of Returning Headwriter Hubris to see that.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Days right now is horrible, the only thing I was enjoying was Justin and Adrienne being featured and looking forward to Nicole finally being allowed to have her baby, but Days managed to kill any joy I had just in a matter of weeks. There is pretty much nothing at this point that can bring back to watching Days. So thankful that GH is so much better and actually appreciates their fans.
Quote Post Goto Top

outrageous
Member Avatar

Well deserved. Looking forward to the article about the firing of Tomsell. Honestly, the show is doomed. They've run out of good writers and had to resort to what was available, and they filmed too far in advance to change anything. There's no point watching when beloved characters are either written off or backburned, or used to prop the Hernandez family. I want a who's done it murder storyline about Rafe's demise.

reagon

I don't think Days is that bad nor do I think its that good. Its not like the show was going gangbusters before the change. MarDar were a crashing bore. The problem to me with the show has nothing to do with couples, its the fact its slow and sleepy. I think the new HW needed to come in full blast and it didn't happen. Add to the fact that the characters that are the so called leads are in the same damn stories they have been in for years. Another Sami triangle and Nicole pregnant and manipulating a man.

Deleted User
Deleted User

I can no longer support Days because it continues to crap on my favorites, either the actors I love are only being featured a few times a month or they are on a lot and being thrown under the bus for the pets of the show. I'm tired of watching and hoping for some sort of payoff and instead getting crap for showing this undeserving show support. I honestly have nothing good left to say about Days. I will support my favorites but as for Days all they will get in return from me is :flipoff:
Quote Post Goto Top

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

Well, at a tremendous speed TomSell has turned Days into a big joke and I'm not surprised that viewers are not interested in their crappy stories, dull pair, and completely uninteresting characters!

bomber
Member Avatar

Dear Mr Corday
I'm sorry that I am no longer watching Days. I know it's your show and you can do what you want with it but killing off my favourite character to advance the prospects of possibly the most boring pairing in history makes it impossible for me to enjoy your show. Ejami fans are also feeling upset that their preferred pairing is once again on the sidelines and pretty soon Peter Reckell fans will be giving up as well. I know you would rather I threw my sandwiches at the screen but bread is too expensive and it's easier to just turn the t.v. off and go for a walk. Maybe when Days is cancelled you would like to join me? I'm sure you don't mind me quitting as you have been given plenty of feedback from myself and others about our feelings and yet you still have chosen to go this route, so I'll go my way and you keep going yours.
No hard feelings and thanks for the last 25 years
Yours Sincerely
Disillusioned.
P.S. Dead babies - even if they're temporary - don't entertain me either.
Edited by bomber, Sep 29 2012, 04:54 PM.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

lovinsafe
Days has a new dynamics going on it's not about your favorite couples anymore. There are going to be fans that are upset with PR leaving. They have the Will and Sony relationship. The triangle. Melanie leaving! There is something for viewers to hate and love and this will affect ratings!
I wouldn't say Days has a new dynamic. I don't think it has any dynamic at all, to be honest, but what they have going on right now isn't really fresh. I think they relied too much on the relief people would feel from an HW change, and I don't see them building anything that hasn't been tried before. It's not even all that energetic, it's like they hit a reset button.

That said, I feel like their ratings are pretty independent from what happens on screen. They'll hover, continue the long slow downward trend (maybe with one more major drop). Kind of doesn't matter what the air, imho.

natdot99
Member Avatar

Which ratings matter to the writers of the soap operas? I see two ratings for the 18-49 demo and i am wondering which is crucial to the networks?
Wow, if 20,000 + viewers had turn it during this week, the B&B would have dropped to number 3.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

bomber
Sep 29 2012, 04:18 PM
Dear Mr Corday
I'm sorry that I am no longer watching Days. I know it's your show and you can do what you want with it but killing off my favourite character to advance the prospects of possibly the most boring pairing in history makes it impossible for me to enjoy your show. Ejami fans are also feeling upset that their preferred pairing is once again on the sidelines and pretty soon Peter Reckell fans will be giving up as well. I know you would rather I threw my sandwiches at the screen but bread is too expensive and it's easier to just turn the t.v. off and go for a walk. Maybe when Days is cancelled you would like to join me? I'm sure you don't mind me quitting as you have been given plenty of feedback from myself and others about our feelings and yet you still have chosen to go this route, so I'll go my way and you keep going yours.
Yours Sincerely
Disillusioned.
and what lumi fans are chop liver lucas treat as no exist not only to sami but to his chlidren

i get really annoyed to hear on 100 times like that fans that want ej and sami the only one that get screw in show
ej is the most used character on show in the last 6 years and apparently the only allow to wear suits and yes the show favor rafe over ej but it seem the show favor ej over other characters on show
and there nothing different in the writing for ej and sami that been in 6 years compare to the past it less bad writing

john and marlena are barely use and when they are they not seem allow to have scenes together and the show treat bo and hope fans when they brought carly i have no faith jarlena fans will get good treatment when they bring kristen
the over foucs the show on ej and rafe what killing the show
Edited by Partnersincrime, Oct 2 2012, 06:01 AM.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

Partnersincrime
Oct 2 2012, 06:01 AM
bomber
Sep 29 2012, 04:18 PM
Dear Mr Corday
Yours Sincerely
Disillusioned.
and what lumi fans are chop liver lucas treat as no exist not only to sami but to his chlidren

i get really annoyed to hear on 100 times like that fans that want ej and sami the only one that get screw in show
ej is the most used character on show in the last 6 years and apparently the only allow to wear suits and yes the show favor rafe over ej but it seem the show favor ej over other characters on show
and there nothing different in the writing for ej and sami that been in 6 years compare to the past it less bad writing

john and marlena are barely use and when they are they not seem allow to have scenes together and the show treat bo and hope fans when they brought carly i have no faith jarlena fans will get good treatment when they bring kristen
the over foucs the show on ej and rafe what killing the show
Yeah, if there is anything I can put my money on is that ALL fans get screwed over...we just have to wait our turn. Ejami fans have gotten 2 children, a wedding and 6 years worth of stories revolving around their favorites. They have been front and center all this time, with enough airtime to last us a life time. Characters have been sacrificed for them for years. I think we as fans should all be happy with what we get because we don't know when our favorites might be shown the door. I know you and I lived through that, I'd rather have Lucas and Sami apart, as enemies, or friends, or lovers, with kids and in story than to have my favorites not shown, shoved to back burn or shipped out of town.

lysie
Member Avatar

lovinsafe
It had that same dynamic when other people loved it and you hated it. No matter the dynamic at the moment, it doesn't seem to be very successful.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply