Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: October Discussion
Topic Started: Sep 29 2012, 05:37 PM (9,182 Views)
Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

HotPepper
Oct 31 2012, 03:08 AM
Queen B
Oct 30 2012, 01:36 PM
I know a lot of people argue that MS should be on Y&R because her character is popular, I still think the show would be better off without her at this point. Her glory days are over and I definitely think she contributes to dragging the show down. Much like Alison Sweeney on DOOL
Just ask all her millions of fans and they will disagree. She still has a huge fan base and no matter how much you think she is terrible and doesn't need to be on the show. if she left the ratings would go down tremendously because she is the only reason some viewers turn in for . All they want to see is MS and if she isn't there they won't be there and the show would suffer. Same with Eric Braden and people say they hate him. Millions still love him and if he left the ratings would also go down tremendously.
that's right, can't take everyone's most hated off, there would be no cast.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

HotPepper
Oct 31 2012, 03:12 AM
Queen B
Oct 30 2012, 02:46 PM
3WishGenie
Oct 30 2012, 02:39 PM
Queen B
Oct 30 2012, 01:36 PM
I know a lot of people argue that MS should be on Y&R because her character is popular, I still think the show would be better off without her at this point. Her glory days are over and I definitely think she contributes to dragging the show down. Much like Alison Sweeney on DOOL
They are pin pointing the wrong leading ladies and they shove them in our faces until its overkill. Realistically, the character Victoria Newman should be the leading lady along with Sharon, not Phyllis.
If they recast the role of Victoria or bring back HT :p
As far as I am concerned and many others too I think Amelia should be a leading lady and she has done a great job replacing Heather Tom. She is much more beautiful then Heather in my eyes and I will take Amelia over Heather any day of the week. I cannot now or ever could I stand Heather or her brother Tom. Hope to never see them on my screen again. Heather is one of the reasons I don't watch B&B she is on the show and I just flat ass don't like her.
I liked Heather Tom, but, I've gotten used to Amelia now and I don't think I'd like Heather back. Never could stand her brother, I was thrilled when he left.

Queen B
Member Avatar

Heather Tom can act circles around Amelia. IMO the character of Victoria suffered big time after she left, Amelia is a pathetic excuse for an actress

LPS
Member Avatar

^ITA. Amelia could have been cast as Mac. She doesn't have any ummp to her.

I can't see her pulling this scene with any intensity....

Victoria slaps Victor

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

You're right about that LPS. I also prefer HT but I have to accept the fact that she is not coming back lol. But as SJ said, I've also gotten used to Amelia over the years. I think that they have changed/softened Victoria into this flimsy character since HT's departure. If they went back to the roots of Victoria and really pushed Amelia, she could do a decent job of it.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

3WishGenie
Oct 31 2012, 11:54 AM
You're right about that LPS. I also prefer HT but I have to accept the fact that she is not coming back lol. But as SJ said, I've also gotten used to Amelia over the years. I think that they have changed/softened Victoria into this flimsy character since HT's departure. If they went back to the roots of Victoria and really pushed Amelia, she could do a decent job of it.
Maybe that's what they're going to do since she seems to be the only one willing to fight for NE.

Queen B
Member Avatar

Sorry AH cant do a decent job at all. Her acting skills are pretty much at the same level of that twit who plays Daisy, she just simply has no talent and is not capable of playing a leading lady on Y&R. Victoria hasn't been a leading character in years and its because they have such a terrible actress in the role.

Queen B
Member Avatar

Nikki just said "I don't see anything left of the Sharon you used to love" wow Nikki it's about time you acknowledge the change in Sharon's behaviour. Maybe JG wants to make Nikki more human, wouldn't that be great?

Queen B
Member Avatar

It's been a great episode so far, I feel like their really starting to zoom in on Sharon's mental state instead of just merely attacking her

Only1Way
Member Avatar

I was thinking that psychiatrist might have been Jack's old flame (no pun intended) the Pattycake lookalike. But must not be.
Nick and Noah both know that Sharon needs help.Heck, I agree she needs help, she's bonkers and dangerous. Whether or not they agree on that she still committed arson and still has a fascination for fire. Adam is bending over backwards to help her while he neglects Chelsea. Glad that Chelsea and Chloe are heading for the cabin. Nail her for trespassing, breaking and entering too. I take that back, they will see the door hasn't been jimmied and they will know somethings afoot.
Maybe the whole cabin of cards will come down on their heads.

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

Whatever. Sharon will eventually get away with all crimes and I will smile and be happy about it :)

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

kelly777
Oct 31 2012, 03:04 AM
LPS
Oct 29 2012, 11:41 PM
Quote:

throwing in a one liner like bradsicle is very different from allowing them to put the script in their own words,

And Michelle Stafford repeating a phrase a billion times is one line.
Yeah she and Rachel Maddow drive me crazy repeating themselves incessantly. Got a new computer and am using IE again. No spell check! Dang, I hate that.....
Download Google Chrome or Firefox I think they both have spell check. I know Chrome does and I :wub2: it.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

Shick
Oct 31 2012, 05:55 PM
Whatever. Sharon will eventually get away with all crimes and I will smile and be happy about it :)
I'm sure Sharon won't end up in prison. I think Nick/Noah will convince Victor not to press charges. I'm just ready for the rehabilitation to start, feels like its just dragging. She's been damaged from the beginning, ever since the Matt Clark rape, then Cameron Kirsten's abuse and the list goes on. Adam's bright idea of brushing the arson under the rug and caging her up in that shack is just driving her more insane. Although I think Adam has gotten the drift about Chelsea. As long as he gives her some attention, she won't suspect him.

LPS
Member Avatar

Quote:

IMO, Amelia is given the material to deliver powerful scenes, but she can't do it. Its like Matthew Fox (Jack from Lost). He's naturally stoical, so I could not see him playing a character similar to YR's Billy (Miller).
Edited by LPS, Oct 31 2012, 09:30 PM.

Only1Way
Member Avatar

Victor might not have a say in the matter. Police and Fire Marshal's call the shots and charges.
Quote:

Arson of buildings: When a person deliberately sets fire to a building without the owner's consent, sets fire to their own property to commit insurance fraud, or does either of these, they have committed a Class B felony. The penalty can be up to 60 years in prison.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/1373301

Those are WI's laws on arson. But it's a soap opera, it's Sharon, it's Newman's. Mockery of the laws. As crazy as she get's when she's penned up, 6 ms. in the booby hatch should do. Unless the judge decides otherwise.

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

Nope, no LONG TERM jail time for my Sharon. If everyone else gets off scot-free for their crimes, Sharon definitely will too :)

Queen B
Member Avatar

Considering it seems like the current writers actually LIKE Sharon, I don't think she'll go to jail again

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

Sharon is being SHOWN having a walking nervous breakdown can't remember why/what/when she did recent harmful events and we she does remember the woman can't understand that either mean while every other GC Fuck-up with intent to HARM, done committed knowingly murderous act's but Uh`Sharon deserves real-time applicable laws to be enforce?.....Ummm`
Posted Image

HotPepper
Member Avatar

Queen B
Oct 31 2012, 03:09 PM
Sorry AH cant do a decent job at all. Her acting skills are pretty much at the same level of that twit who plays Daisy, she just simply has no talent and is not capable of playing a leading lady on Y&R. Victoria hasn't been a leading character in years and its because they have such a terrible actress in the role.
I have seen AH do some powerful scenes and I hope never to see HT again. I couldn't stand her and still can't stand her. I will not watch B&B because she is on the show.

AH is a good actress but they did soften her character but when they give her good writing she does very well and is better then a lot of the actors on the show.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

lightandday
Nov 1 2012, 12:11 AM
Sharon is being SHOWN having a walking nervous breakdown can't remember why/what/when she did recent harmful events and we she does remember the woman can't understand that either mean while every other GC Fuck-up with intent to HARM, done committed knowingly murderous act's but Uh`Sharon deserves real-time applicable laws to be enforce?.....Ummm`
Posted Image
all cases should us real time applicable laws to be enforced, otherwise, it becomes a fairy tale and an insult to the viewer's intelligence.
Back in the old days, they did stick to real law and actually had legal and medical experts as advisors for the show to keep them from making the glaring errors that they make today.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply