Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: October Discussion
Topic Started: Sep 29 2012, 05:37 PM (9,066 Views)
Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

3WishGenie
Oct 12 2012, 12:21 PM
Anyone remember when Phyllis "ran" over Diane's leg and denied it? LOL Cars are her weapon of choice. :popcorn: How I miss Diane!!
vaguely, can't remember if it was her whole leg or her foot.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason

Sammie Jo
Oct 12 2012, 12:35 PM
Mason
Oct 12 2012, 12:14 PM
If today's episode is an indication of what to expect from JGL/JFP, I'm not impressed. Phyllis's "trial" was lame.

That girl playing Summer is atrociously bad. No matter what the recast is like, she won't be able to help but be an improvement.
Phyliss's trial was lame because the case was lame.
They had no concrete evidence at all, just barely circumstantial and speculation, you have to be able to prove your case.
Just glad it's over and we can move on to cleaning up the next mab debacle.
Okay, but why the need to have the initial judge conveniently have chest problems in the middle of Kevin's testimony? Even if Phyllis was ultimately declared not guilty, why not just let it play out anyway instead of sweeping it under the rug in record time? It was lazy and contrived.

queenmoe06
Member Avatar

Mason
Oct 12 2012, 01:11 PM
Sammie Jo
Mason
If today's episode is an indication of what to expect from JGL/JFP, I'm not impressed. Phyllis's "trial" was lame.

That girl playing Summer is atrociously bad. No matter what the recast is like, she won't be able to help but be an improvement.
They had no concrete evidence at all, just barely circumstantial and speculation, you have to be able to prove your case.
Okay, but why the need to have the initial judge conveniently have chest problems in the middle of Kevin's testimony? Even if Phyllis was ultimately declared not guilty, why not just let it play out anyway instead of sweeping it under the rug in record time? It was lazy and contrived.
:applause: :applause: PREACH IT!!!! :applause: :applause:

Daytime
Member Avatar

Well y'all know what story I am interested in at the moment... If you guessed Billy and Victoria.. You guess right!! haha

Wonderful to see them standing strong against Jack and Victor but we all know it's probably not going to last. It wouldn't be a soap if it did. I think Billy is going to end up back at Jabot somewhere down the line and that will cause conflict between them.

You can see the writing on the wall for the Newmans, they are are headed for a major fall where they are going to lose everything. I don't think this family has been stripped of everything before. its going to be a great story watching them fight to get back on top.

Oh.... And if you are sick of Adam's constant whining poor me act.. Raise your hand!!!! I mean he walks around like he's a saint that has been wrong by everybody Newman... it makes me sick.

Daytime
Member Avatar

Mason
Sammie Jo
Mason

Thinking that will lead to another story with Ronan... He was acting mighty strange.. I wonder if he didn't have something to do with the judge getting sick?

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

Daytime
Oct 12 2012, 01:26 PM
Well y'all know what story I am interested in at the moment... If you guessed Billy and Victoria.. You guess right!! haha

Wonderful to see them standing strong against Jack and Victor but we all know it's probably not going to last. It wouldn't be a soap if it did. I think Billy is going to end up back at Jabot somewhere down the line and that will cause conflict between them.

You can see the writing on the wall for the Newmans, they are are headed for a major fall where they are going to lose everything. I don't think this family has been stripped of everything before. its going to be a great story watching them fight to get back on top.

Oh.... And if you are sick of Adam's constant whining poor me act.. Raise your hand!!!! I mean he walks around like he's a saint that has been wrong by everybody Newman... it makes me sick.
Its hard for me to imagine Billy at Jabot again. He just doesn't fit as a corporate guy but we'll see. What I'm really interested in is Kyle and who's side he's going to be on. He currently works at Newman...would he be talked into spying?? Victor has already tried to guilt Vicki into using Billy. She said no but seemed to be thinking about it while we see Billy refusing to take part b/c of his marriage. :popcorn: I'm reluctant to get too excited for fear of being disappointed but this sl does have lots of interesting potential.

bygnedys

I wonder what kind of help Tucker offered Jack- financial or stocks.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

Mason
Sammie Jo
Mason

That, the judge switch, I didn't understand at all, unless it was because the first judge had already accepted the case into his courtroom, he couldn't throw it out after doing that, but a new judge could.

Queen B
Member Avatar

I know people are pissed that Phyllis got off the hook again, but lets be real here.. who ever thought she would actually pay anyways? This whole story was a complete FAIL from the start and I felt like when the judge said "This case is a joke" was JG's way of saying "This storyline is a joke". I think we'll see a lot more of these stories ending very soon and i'm not going to judge Josh's work based on the few fucks ups here and there like the judge feeling 'dizzy' in the middle of the trial for example. I wanna give him a chance.. and if its true that Phyllis and Jack will reconnect then who knows, maybe I might start to enjoy Phyllis again. Only time will tell.

As for the nuSummer, I actually like her so far. She is not NEAR as cringe worthy as the other actress was, and I feel like she can do this role just fine. The other actress made me feel embarrassed for her lol, I just kept waiting for her to fuck up in her performance all the time.

Queen B
Member Avatar

Considering I have been watching this show daily since March never missing an episode, I pay attention to every small detail and I can certainly see the small changes that JG is making. I like that they are making Gloria seem more cartoonish again, because under MAB Gloria was just another clone of all the other characters and no one seemed to acknowledge her silliness.
Edited by Queen B, Oct 12 2012, 07:29 PM.

Mason

Queen B
Oct 12 2012, 07:26 PM
I know people are pissed that Phyllis got off the hook again, but lets be real here.. who ever thought she would actually pay anyways? This whole story was a complete FAIL from the start and I felt like when the judge said "This case is a joke" was JG's way of saying "This storyline is a joke". I think we'll see a lot more of these stories ending very soon and i'm not going to judge Josh's work based on the few fucks ups here and there like the judge feeling 'dizzy' in the middle of the trial for example.
I didn't necessarily expect her to pay, but I would have appreciated it or at least a little more effort to let the story take its course. Just because a storyline starts out as crap doesn't mean it has to end that way, too.

Quote:

As for the nuSummer, I actually like her so far. She is not NEAR as cringe worthy as the other actress was, and I feel like she can do this role just fine. The other actress made me feel embarrassed for her lol, I just kept waiting for her to fuck up in her performance all the time.

Wait -- I thought the recast hadn't started airing yet? Well, whoever this girl was today, I thought she was terrible. Like, horrendously bad.

Mason

And, honestly, it wasn't even just the trial stuff that left me unimpressed. The episode as a whole I thought was pretty underwhelming.

Queen B
Member Avatar

Mason
Oct 12 2012, 08:37 PM
Queen B
Oct 12 2012, 07:26 PM
I know people are pissed that Phyllis got off the hook again, but lets be real here.. who ever thought she would actually pay anyways? This whole story was a complete FAIL from the start and I felt like when the judge said "This case is a joke" was JG's way of saying "This storyline is a joke". I think we'll see a lot more of these stories ending very soon and i'm not going to judge Josh's work based on the few fucks ups here and there like the judge feeling 'dizzy' in the middle of the trial for example.
I didn't necessarily expect her to pay, but I would have appreciated it or at least a little more effort to let the story take its course. Just because a storyline starts out as crap doesn't mean it has to end that way, too.

Quote:

Wait -- I thought the recast hadn't started airing yet? Well, whoever this girl was today, I thought she was terrible. Like, horrendously bad.
I live in Canada so I get the day ahead episodes. Haley King appears on Oct 15th in the states. Lindsay Bushman is the original Summer, and yeah she is awful.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

"I can't wait to find out who the hell you are!" LMAO! The judge in the preview had me dying!

Tuned into Friday's episode to see how things were for the new regime. Noticed Griffin's name in the credits, but Bell is still listed as Executive Producer. Will Phelps name be there on Monday's episode?

Not sure how long Adamson has been playing Noah, but what do others think of him? I like him so far. He looks a lot like Morrow, more so than any other previous actor playing the part. I liked Schultz but the lack of direction for the character throughout the time he played Noah really hurt his performance. I hope Griffin has an actual plan for Noah this time. He should be being developed as the next big thing, just as Nicholas was in the 90s.

I really like Ehrich playing Fen as well. I hope they keep him.

Adam and Chelsea becoming a couple made zero sense to me, but Egan and Muhney have chemistry. He has more chemistry with her than he ever had with Case or Bloom. And the chemistry allows me to forget how they wound up together, and the zero real substance to their relationship. Don't ruin this by reuniting Sharon and Adam. No one wants to see them together!

Wise choice to recast Summer. I caught Bushman's first few episodes, and I gave her a pass for it being her first couple of days. But she's still just as bad. No improvement at all. She was terrible in her scenes, especially the last one in the car. No real emotion at all. Just a scrunched up face. Hopefully King will be better.

Mason

DrewHamilton
Oct 13 2012, 08:30 AM
Not sure how long Adamson has been playing Noah, but what do others think of him?
I didn't care for him. He's too monotone for me -- I needed him to emote more in his scenes with Sharon. I don't really like any of the young actors on the show right now, though. They all seem pretty weak to me (though that may be partly because of the writing, as well).

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

Mason
Oct 13 2012, 08:34 AM
DrewHamilton
Not sure how long Adamson has been playing Noah, but what do others think of him?
I didn't care for him. He's too monotone for me -- I needed him to emote more in his scenes with Sharon. I don't really like any of the young actors on the show right now, though. They all seem pretty weak to me (though that may be partly because of the writing, as well).
I took his monotone as part of the script, he was just tired and disgusted with sharon's shenanigans and when people are at that point with someone, they're pretty flat in tone.
We'll see how he does in more scenes.

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

Mason
DrewHamilton
I was expecting more as well but im willing to give him a chance. He hasnt annoyed me yet, plus we havent seen much of him either. I hope he has lots of scenes w Sharon coming up.

Mason

Sammie Jo
Oct 13 2012, 11:57 AM
Mason
DrewHamilton
I took his monotone as part of the script, he was just tired and disgusted with sharon's shenanigans and when people are at that point with someone, they're pretty flat in tone.
We'll see how he does in more scenes.
I can understand (and agree) with the character being written as weary, but the actor could have at least varied his facial expressions if nothing else. The way he used the same tone of voice and the same facial expression throughout those scenes, it was like he was simply reciting his lines and nothing more. I'll give him more time before writing him off completely, but what I've seen of him has done nothing for me.

Peridott
Member Avatar

Predictable trial outcome but MS was annoying in the courtroom scene with Christine. Shouting doesn't equal good acting. The judge was funny though.

I like NuSummer. I already think HK gels better with co-stars than LB did. I can't take fugly hair Fen seriously as her little love interest though. It seems like he'd have a crush on her but she'd be after an older guy.

As for RA's Noah, I thought he was monotone too but at this point Noah is exhausted with Sharon so I don't expect all this emotion from him with her. I hope he's better with others cause I do wanna like him. He's cute but that can only getcha so far with me.

I hope Chloe snaps soon cause putting up with Kevin's tantrums and tongue lashings is ridiculous. This has to be leading to Chlovin DIAF. Pretty please.

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

3WishGenie
Oct 13 2012, 12:05 PM
I was expecting more as well but im willing to give him a chance. He hasnt annoyed me yet, plus we havent seen much of him either. I hope he has lots of scenes w Sharon coming up.
I do too, I sound like a broken record here but give Sharon her got damn children back.
The scene w/Noah taking up for Granddad was dull as dirt he should be equally mad at both.
I see where Mason coming from on that "monotone" he had the same expression when Fen told'em about Summer... IDK! Hopefully more scenes w/Case will smooth it out cause dude can act and he pairs nicely with JM.

Edited by lightandday, Oct 13 2012, 04:18 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply