Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: October Discussion
Topic Started: Sep 29 2012, 05:37 PM (9,334 Views)
Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

bygnedys
Oct 15 2012, 06:59 PM
I am not liking anything they are doing so far, so I guess I will be tuning out soon.
it's only been two days!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

queenmoe06
Member Avatar

Here's a thought: What if the Newman who dies in the house-fire was Faith? Any thoughts?

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

queenmoe06
Oct 16 2012, 02:43 PM
Here's a thought: What if the Newman who dies in the house-fire was Faith? Any thoughts?
omg, surely they wouldn't go THERE!
That would be beyond horrible, sharon would never recover from that, plus, she'd have a murder charge on her.
I'm starting to think the death spoiler is bogus.

queenmoe06
Member Avatar

Sammie Jo
Oct 16 2012, 04:03 PM
queenmoe06
Oct 16 2012, 02:43 PM
omg, surely they wouldn't go THERE!
That would be beyond horrible, sharon would never recover from that, plus, she'd have a murder charge on her.
I'm starting to think the death spoiler is bogus.
I'm hoping it's bogus, because having Sharon's character kill AGAIN is just plain ridiculous. NOBODY will be able to forgive her...PERIOD. That's NOT 1 of the best ways to redeem her.

Crossface
Member Avatar

NuSummer looks too damn old to be playing an underage teen, this is one thing I do not agree with the new regime or the new NuNoah. I thought Kevin Schmidt did a good job and looked more like Sharon, now he looks like Nick and acting like a Newman bitch.

ArthriticBill
Member Avatar

Crossface
Oct 16 2012, 08:32 PM
NuSummer looks too damn old to be playing an underage teen, this is one thing I do not agree with the new regime or the new NuNoah. I thought Kevin Schmidt did a good job and looked more like Sharon, now he looks like Nick and acting like a Newman bitch.
And the more I see NuSummer, the more she looks like a young Sharon!!!! :run:

Only1Way
Member Avatar

Quote:

Poor kid. That's strike 2 for her. She can't act either. Getting tired of her in record time.

queenmoe06
Member Avatar

Why is it that when Victor bests Jack no one says that he's lost his soul? :flipoff: Victor runs around Genoa city making it a point to destroy his enemies and no one says a thing. Oh, my bad, I forgot, yes they do, Nikki whines that he's paying more attention to his revenge than her...When Tucker bested Victor, the town turned on him, even his own mother tried to sell off his company to Victor when Tucker was in a coma. Now Jack, the guy that always loses when it comes to Victor, finally has the upper hand and the world is mad. As my nephews say, too bad so sad! Go Jack! Hold on to NE with everything you got! And why does Sharon have to have a mental break down? Why not Phyllis? Surely her sins far outweigh the sins of half of Genoa city put together. :moon:

Only1Way
Member Avatar

I'm glad to see Jack on top, but it doesn't last. He fumbles the ball right before he makes a touchdown. Victor scoops the ball and away he goes.
Phyllis's case was tossed out because Christine lied. Good thing that the judge didn't press charges against her. Sharon just keeps fucking up and digging herself deeper. The need to save poor pathetic Sharon can only be done by having her flip a cog and claim she's got a tumor. Gawd forbid that the writers admit that she's a nut case with no medical reason for it. She should get some time in a prison hospital. Arson isn't something that should be taken lightly especially if someone get's hurt in the process.

queenmoe06
Member Avatar

^o) It boggles the mind as to how many people think Jack is in the wrong for what he's doing to Victor...Is GC ran by the damn Newmans? :sheep: If the shoe was on the other foot, do you think that Victor wouldn't do the same shit to Jack? :poof: Where was all of this LOVE last year when he was keeping a sick little girl from her father? :censored: What about Victor making Victoria miscarry? Last I looked, It was Victor's KIDS who sued the shit out of him to make his company go PUBLIC...But it's ALL JACK'S FAULT?

Someone on another site said that Jack is the reason that Colleen is dead... :whack: Did they FORGET who bought Patty's crazy ass to town?

But through ALL of that...his FAMILY has always stood by him.. :redface: Now look at Jack...where did his family go...

Billy is about to throw him under the bus for what? His wife? :soapbox: As soon as she finds out about his part in LA, she's gonna throw his stupid-ass away like Alabama trash!

I know that Jack has done a LOT of stupid shit, but where's the fairness in all of this? :shame:

queenmoe06
Member Avatar

Only1Way
Oct 18 2012, 10:42 AM
I'm glad to see Jack on top, but it doesn't last. He fumbles the ball right before he makes a touchdown. Victor scoops the ball and away he goes.
Phyllis's case was tossed out because Christine lied. Good thing that the judge didn't press charges against her. Sharon just keeps fucking up and digging herself deeper. The need to save poor pathetic Sharon can only be done by having her flip a cog and claim she's got a tumor. Gawd forbid that the writers admit that she's a nut case with no medical reason for it. She should get some time in a prison hospital. Arson isn't something that should be taken lightly especially if someone get's hurt in the process.
Only 1, I agree: Jack IS his worst enemy! All I'm saying is that it's time for him to SHINE...even if it's just for a week. I'm just upset that punk-ass Nick and co. keeps blaming him for EVERYTHING that happens with Victor! They act like Victor is a Priest! Did they FORGET That sorry ass bitch took Jabot from John when he was in the hospital having a heart attack? Now the fuckin' writers got CASPER (John) on the show talking shit to Jack?

Queen B
Member Avatar

Only1Way
Oct 18 2012, 08:32 AM
Quote:

Poor kid. That's strike 2 for her. She can't act either. Getting tired of her in record time.
Considering we had to suffer through watching Lindsay Bushman as Summer and that other young lady who played Abby a few years ago, I see this girl as a guardian angel lol. Its refreshing to see a young actress who isn't overacting, and I personally think she has potential. Shes not perfect but I certainly think shes better then the others we've had in the past

Soapwatcher

ITA with you on Jack, he deserves some good luck but again it will all get taken away from him by the lord and master Victor, Katherine makes me sick I wish old Victor could get it up one more time and screw the hell out of her and put her out of her misery, that's all she needs is Victor to screw her and maybe she'd see the light that he aint all he pretends to be. I thought sure that when he was vowing revenge on Jack he would say I grew up in an orphanage I deserve to be King of the World! I wish he'd take that orphanage and stick up his you know what.

Only1Way
Member Avatar

I think Victor has bedded the old bat and Tucker is the offspring. All that business savvy, cold hardheartedness, cockiness... Wish they would enter that storyline realm.
What do you think Summer's reaction would and will be when she finds out that Dearest Daddy slept with Aunty Avery and is sniffing at the door again? Yes, I know, they are separated but not divorced. Nick is being a hypocrite for slamming Phyllis for what he has done himself.
Tsk tsk. Peyton Place wasn't this bad.

Queen B
Member Avatar

JG has me at the edge of my seat right now. I'm loving his new stories, it feels like a breath of fresh air

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

Jill Farren Phelps' production values have been fantastic.

The show is directed wonderfully again, and Avery's new apartment set is very sleek and modern.

I may not be a fan of all the stories, but the production has been great under this regime.

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

The camera angles are very noticeable me likes now the new music scores caught me off guard, far to many too soon we still need the classical beats played for certain scenes because that old music is characterization for Y&R as a whole.

MAB Fan Club

You all are laying it on a bit thick with the praise of the writing and production. I give it 2 months before you're calling for the removal of the new team.

Queen B
Member Avatar

MAB Fan Club
Oct 18 2012, 05:27 PM
You all are laying it on a bit thick with the praise of the writing and production. I give it 2 months before you're calling for the removal of the new team.
I think most of us are just happy to have 2 people who know how to do their job. Jill has been a producer for years, and Josh has been writing for years also. We aren't loving everything they have been doing so far but its definitely an upgrade. MAB was a ditz, someones trophy wife with absolutely no talent when it comes to soap writing or producing, she just inherited Bell's legacy

MAB Fan Club

Queen B
Oct 18 2012, 05:32 PM
MAB Fan Club
Oct 18 2012, 05:27 PM
I think most of us are just happy to have 2 people who know how to do their job. Jill has been a producer for years, and Josh has been writing for years also. We aren't loving everything they have been doing so far but its definitely an upgrade. MAB was a ditz, someones trophy wife with absolutely no talent when it comes to soap writing or producing, she just inherited Bell's legacy
In fairness, MAB is a novelist first and foremost. Perhaps she wasn't the absolute best in the role of Head Writer, but she certainly provided some of the most memorable and entertaining stories of the past few years. Seeing Lauren tortured by the infinitely superior Sarah was the highlight of last year. And let's not forget Paul coming face to face with Patty and having a breakdown that should have won him an Emmy. Just to name 2 great examples!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply