Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: October Discussion
Topic Started: Sep 29 2012, 05:37 PM (8,842 Views)
Queen B
Member Avatar

MAB Fan Club
Oct 18 2012, 05:39 PM
Queen B
Oct 18 2012, 05:32 PM
MAB Fan Club
Oct 18 2012, 05:27 PM
You all are laying it on a bit thick with the praise of the writing and production. I give it 2 months before you're calling for the removal of the new team.
I think most of us are just happy to have 2 people who know how to do their job. Jill has been a producer for years, and Josh has been writing for years also. We aren't loving everything they have been doing so far but its definitely an upgrade. MAB was a ditz, someones trophy wife with absolutely no talent when it comes to soap writing or producing, she just inherited Bell's legacy
In fairness, MAB is a novelist first and foremost. Perhaps she wasn't the absolute best in the role of Head Writer, but she certainly provided some of the most memorable and entertaining stories of the past few years. Seeing Lauren tortured by the infinitely superior Sarah was the highlight of last year. And let's not forget Paul coming face to face with Patty and having a breakdown that should have won him an Emmy. Just to name 2 great examples!
..the 'Sarah Smyth' bullshit was put together in a hurry because they couldn't get KB to return as Sheila, and even IF Sheila returned it still would of ended up being shit because there was no lead up to any of those events. A 10 year old could write better fan fiction then that
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

MAB Fan Club
You all are laying it on a bit thick with the praise of the writing and production. I give it 2 months before you're calling for the removal of the new team.
HA! It's being laid on thick alright but sure as hell not by us. B-) Numbers don't lie and disdain for MAB written material coming from head corporate offices pretty much says it all she was lazy, thoughtless and rode on the coat tails of dearly deceased father-in-law legacy and completely obliterated characters he created.

MAB Fan Club

lightandday
Oct 18 2012, 05:53 PM
MAB Fan Club
HA! It's being laid on thick alright but sure as hell not by us. B-) Numbers don't lie and disdain for MAB written material coming from head corporate offices pretty much says it all she was lazy, thoughtless and rode on the coat tails of dearly deceased father-in-law legacy and completely obliterated characters he created.

Take those rumors with a grain of salt. Set sources and insiders have been known to embellish the details of such changes in creative teams.

Only1Way
Member Avatar

MAB... is that you? Has to be. She's the only one that would blow her own horn. Personally, I like how they had Nikki flashing around the hospital room, Nick, Nikki and Victor tormenting Sharon. More creative. Notice that Adam wasn't one that was terrorizing her? Calling her a loser and a bad person? Knowing MM's ego he refused to make himself look bad again. Turning over a new leaf and all.
Gag me

LPS
Member Avatar

^I thought it was MAB, too, LOL

MAB Fan Club

I am NOT Maria. However, I am head of her Fan Club! Join us!!!

lightandday
Member Avatar

MAB Fan Club
Oct 18 2012, 06:02 PM
lightandday
MAB Fan Club

Set sources and insiders have been known to embellish the details of such changes in creative teams.
The bold italic sounds vaguely familiar. ;)

Queen B
Member Avatar

lightandday
Oct 18 2012, 06:24 PM
MAB Fan Club
Oct 18 2012, 06:02 PM
lightandday
MAB Fan Club

Set sources and insiders have been known to embellish the details of such changes in creative teams.
The bold italic sounds vaguely familiar. ;)
yes insanely familiar, now that you mention it.

Queen B
Member Avatar

MAB Fan Club
Oct 18 2012, 06:15 PM
I am NOT Maria. However, I am head of her Fan Club! Join us!!!
'MAB fan club'...is that top secret for 'Phyllis fan club'?

MAB Fan Club

I think it's fair to say that Phyllis is the leading lady of Y&R.

lightandday
Member Avatar

:laugh: Back on topic Perhaps MFC can join us on the Y&R discussion now... I didn't see the need of John's ghost I can't understand why they won't have Traci return full time and be Jackie sounding board.

queenmoe06
Member Avatar

MAB Fan Club
Oct 18 2012, 06:34 PM
:flipoff: :flipoff: Nuff said. :flipoff:

Only1Way
Member Avatar

Well MAB, I agree with only some of your stuff. I like Phyllis, no secret, not happy with her right now but hey. As for joining your fan club.
When Sharon can fly!

Posted Image

kelly777
Member Avatar

lightandday
Oct 18 2012, 05:06 PM
The camera angles are very noticeable me likes now the new music scores caught me off guard, far to many too soon we still need the classical beats played for certain scenes because that old music is characterization for Y&R as a whole.
She is picking music suited for the scenes. I just think it needs to be a little more subtle or I might get used to it after awhile.

lightandday
Member Avatar

kelly777
Oct 18 2012, 07:57 PM
lightandday
The camera angles are very noticeable me likes now the new music scores caught me off guard, far to many too soon we still need the classical beats played for certain scenes because that old music is characterization for Y&R as a whole.
She is picking music suited for the scenes. I just think it needs to be a little more subtle or I might get used to it after awhile.
I agree somewhat ,well I'll say she's trying to choose music for the scenes however I don't wanna be scared like the neighbors kid just turn his knob up to a Marilyn Mansion scream and that's what one of scores did to me I was like WHOA SHIT what was that. :D

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

queenmoe06
Oct 18 2012, 06:40 PM
MAB Fan Club
:lol:

kelly777
Member Avatar

lightandday
Oct 18 2012, 08:17 PM
kelly777
Oct 18 2012, 07:57 PM
lightandday
I agree somewhat ,well I'll say she's trying to choose music for the scenes however I don't wanna be scared like the neighbors kid just turn his knob up to a Marilyn Mansion scream and that's what one of scores did to me I was like WHOA SHIT what was that. :D
LOL. One time I couldn't hear what the players were saying. The louder I turned it up the louder the music and so the less I could hear. :laugh: :laugh:

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

I like Avery's new apartment set, which you'll see on today's US episode.

It's sleek, modern, and big. It's been a long time since they put any effort into the production values of this show.

thewhiteowl
Member Avatar

Shick
Oct 18 2012, 08:30 PM
queenmoe06
Oct 18 2012, 06:40 PM
MAB Fan Club
:lol:
LOL Well, I think it's fair to say Phallus ain't no kind of lady, leading or otherwise.... :smooch:
Edited by thewhiteowl, Oct 19 2012, 10:02 AM.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

MAB Fan Club
that could happen, but you sure won't hear anyone crying for MAB's return.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply