Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: New Cast Member At DAYS / Cameron Recast
Topic Started: Oct 1 2012, 11:33 AM (11,413 Views)
Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I would never include Sonny/Will in the available dating pool of men because they're not exactly putting the poles in the same water.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LonePirate
Member Avatar

Say what you want about the previous/current Cameron, at least he seemed like he could be a doctor. This new Cameron certainly wasn't hired for his ability to convince audiences he has a medical degree. He was hired for one reason only it would seem - I just wish that reason wasn't so transparent.

michr544125

Guinevere
Oct 1 2012, 04:23 PM
Blah..I don't care what he looks like..Cameron is dull. Acting ability should come first - always. This character is utterly pointless & yet they think recasting him will make him more interesting..yeah good luck with that.
Very true. I wish they would have put Abby back with Chad. I kind of liked them together. There is no story for Abby and Cameron.

DJsMommy
Member Avatar

Ilovecandy
Oct 1 2012, 04:20 PM
Godamn he is HOT, Abby is a lucky one just take a look

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

:wave: bye old Cameron
a note to the cast please make him interesting lol no dont even try never mine ya couldnt make coloring interesting

lets take a look again
Posted Image

Goddamn
*faints* I have died & gone to heaven! :wub2:

lazydazes
Member Avatar

Wowza! Ok, I`m sold. He is hotter than hot!

lysie
Member Avatar

Sigh. Schuyler wasn't the problem. And where was the quick recasting when we got stuck with Melanie and Rafe?

granolagirl
Member Avatar
"I don't know why I don't have a story, either!"

DrewHamilton
Oct 1 2012, 03:58 PM
I wonder why they recast the role. Yancey wasn't anything to write home about, but he wasn't necessarily a bad actor either. The role was just very generic. No one could've made the role interesting the way he was written. I would've rather saw Tomlin/Whitesell just send the character off with Yancey in an exit, and then bring this guy on as Benjamin Reardon if they want to keep a younger character connected to Abe/Carvers.
It's my biggest pet peeve with the show. Random family ties are not a substitute for characterization or story.

ScorpioQueen
Member Avatar

Ok, I'm in! He's the hottness!!!

Posted Image

Star784
Member Avatar

Lol he is gorgeous. And I'm a guy saying this lol. (Not the one in the avatar lol.)

I hope he is a Cameron recast. There is too many men on this show. And so little women. I'm tired of seeing Jennifer, Sami, and Gabi all the time.

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

I actually grew to like Schuyler Yancey as Cameron. Shame DAYS re-cast. Nathan Owens does look like he could be younger than Yancey. Now with Beverly Todd not shown in quite awhile, I'm wondering if we're gonna get Tanya Boyd back as Celeste maybe. Although imho, I do think Beverly Todd has done a good job as Celeste.

MissLola
Member Avatar

Weren't Gary Tomlin and co. famous for recasting characters what that were not quite clicking? Poor Jay Leno chin. We were so hard on him. :'(

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Well - this is a good move...Yancey was just not a good fit with Mansi IMO.
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Oct 1 2012, 05:36 PM.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Matt
Oct 1 2012, 04:27 PM
I would never include Sonny/Will in the available dating pool of men because they're not exactly putting the poles in the same water.
Well I agree on that, but it still is a lopsided male-to-female ratio amonth the younger characters, regardless if they are gay or not. Women are becoming a big minority on this show.
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Oct 1 2012, 05:42 PM.

am103
Member Avatar

Well, he is a hottie. But if the writing still isn't good, the character won't be either.

concerned
Member Avatar

Damm with Daniel thinking of quitting and Melanie leaving I had hoped University Hospital would be the first hospital serving up beer and clam chowder with each consultation.

ScorpioQueen
Member Avatar

Hmmm, getting a closer look, he seems to be black mixed with something else, like Latino. Not a bad thing at all but I hope once we he's onscreen won't be too obvious since he is playing a black character.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Aw,I liked the current Cameron.

specialcases
Member Avatar

ScorpioQueen
Oct 1 2012, 05:49 PM
Hmmm, getting a closer look, he seems to be black mixed with something else, like Latino. Not a bad thing at all but I hope once we he's onscreen won't be too obvious since he is playing a black character.
two words.....Blair Daimler, lol
Edited by specialcases, Oct 1 2012, 06:10 PM.

specialcases
Member Avatar

specialcases
Oct 1 2012, 06:08 PM
ScorpioQueen
two words.....Blair Daimler
and remember, we don't know who his father is. Yancy is light skinned and could easily have been mixed, I see no issue at all

Ilovecandy
Member Avatar

ScorpioQueen
old Cameron also looked mix

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply