Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: New Cast Member At DAYS / Cameron Recast
Topic Started: Oct 1 2012, 11:33 AM (12,137 Views)
Daysdegrassi
Member Avatar

Why was Schuyler let go?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Meh. Who cares? He is good looking guy, but I don't care about Cameron. He is so dull.

King
Member Avatar

Awesome. I am glad he is a recast and not someone new.

I Agree though. It wasn't necessarily the actor that didn't make Cameron jive.

jackjenfan
Member Avatar

Well, if Cameron couldn't work out under the old actor, that should be telling Days something. If it doesn't work, get rid of it. All of their recasts fail in the last few years. Why keep pushing something that falls flat. Cameron and Abby just suck because Cameron was a character created from badly rewritten history. It's hard to care about a character that didn't exist until some writer had a brain fart.

bomber
Member Avatar

Maybe they need to have another doctor on canvas because Dan is leaving. Please, please, please.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

with camron being recast it only prove they have no plans to show flashbacks of J&J last scenes since most of them were near camron

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

bomber
Oct 2 2012, 02:14 AM
Maybe they need to have another doctor on canvas because Dan is leaving. Please, please, please.
This better be the reason! I can't believe this piece of shit character has been around since 2008. :shame:

Evan
Member Avatar

I'll be cynical and argue that they recast this character with someone who has lesser acting ability but looks better with his shirt off LOL

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

This guy is very hot in an underwear model kind of way. I can definitely see why other people start panting, but I'm ambivalent. Cameron did not need to be re-cast in my opinion. Both the character and the actor were growing on me until he was made to do a complete 180 and dump Abigail right after her father's death. Maybe they're planning to re-shape him as a stud who's also kind of a jerk and that's why they thought this guy was more appropriate. (Like we need another sex hungry male doctor on this show. I'm pretty sure Daniel has cornered the market.) I guess we'll see...I don't want to judge a book by its cover so I'll give him a chance. I can see why Tomsell are bringing in someone who is transparently meant to be eye candy - they need to rope in viewers and they're hoping this will help them do that. Maybe while they're at it they should, oh I don't know, do some soul-searching about their storytelling? Bringing in eye candy with the hope that it will make up for the current direction (or lack thereof) is a bit like putting a Band Aid on a broken arm...
Edited by JessicaLeigh, Oct 2 2012, 08:51 AM.

Lil
Member Avatar

No more chin! Sweet!!! Hey, whatever works. I'd love if we could get a fully recovered Tanya Boyd back as Celeste.

supercool74
Member Avatar

I'm not opposed to a recast...after all, Matt Ashford was a recast and look what he did with what was a very boring character before that. I just hope the guy can act. He's nice to look at and yes, the writing was probably a big problem to begin with. But charisma goes a long way as well. SY was just boring to me. He wasn't a terrible actor, but there just wasn't anything there. If this guy can act, and has charisma...and hopefully chemistry with Abby or whoever, then fine. Bring it!

six
Member Avatar

JtSmarts
Oct 1 2012, 09:13 PM
Matt
Oct 1 2012, 09:01 PM
My only big issue with Cameron is my same issue with nearly ALL the newer characters the bring on -- the suddenly invent a sibling or other relative for existing characters we've never heard of before. Or the feel compelled to make characters we know related in ways we know aren't the slightest bit logical.
So true, is it really that hard to develop off-screen characters we know like Sarah Horton or as DrewHamilton mentioned Ben Reardon?
That's what I don't get. I guess every writer wants to create their own character out of whole cloth, but it really doesn't make any sense not to use characters who have years of history behind them while still being blank slates. I still think it's a waste that Madison wasn't Sarah. Maybe she'd still be here now if she had been.

cyndabell

Ilovecandy
Oct 1 2012, 04:20 PM
Godamn he is HOT, Abby is a lucky one just take a look

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

:wave: bye old Cameron
a note to the cast please make him interesting lol no dont even try never mine ya couldnt make coloring interesting

lets take a look again
Posted Image
Goddamn
Very nice! I hope Abigail gets over her hangups real soon because this one is someone she should really want to "take a ride with" so to speak. :whooohooo: He does look kinda baby-faced, but if I were TPTB, I'd simply require the actor to grow some facial hair. A nicely shaped goatee would make him look hotter and a slight bit older as well.
Edited by cyndabell, Oct 2 2012, 01:19 PM.

cyndabell

oryfan
Oct 1 2012, 06:56 PM
michr544125
Oct 1 2012, 04:33 PM
Guinevere
Oct 1 2012, 04:23 PM
Blah..I don't care what he looks like..Cameron is dull. Acting ability should come first - always. This character is utterly pointless & yet they think recasting him will make him more interesting..yeah good luck with that.
Very true. I wish they would have put Abby back with Chad. I kind of liked them together. There is no story for Abby and Cameron.
I loved Abby and Chad! It was a sad shame that they ended them to go with something that was a perfect 10 on the blah scale. I personally like Cameron well enough. His introduction was nice, but I really do agree that they need to step up their game if they want folks to care about the character. I hope this guy can act.
The funny thing is that the road is wide open for an Abby/Chad redux (Melanie is gone and Cameron has left Abby as well), but obviously a reunion between them is not where they are headed. I'm surprised that the show seems to be leaving Chad womanless. The knowledge of Molly Burnett leaving has existed for awhile now, one would think they would've been lining up a new love interest for Chad during that time.
Edited by cyndabell, Oct 2 2012, 01:15 PM.

mer4santo
Member Avatar

Again, Tomlin proves he doesn't understand why characters fail; Cameron isn't failing because he isn't hot enough, he is failing because he is one note and boring as shit.

Didn't we do the same thing with Arianna and Taylor? Yes, I think we did and the reception for those characters did not change.
Edited by mer4santo, Oct 2 2012, 12:25 PM.

lysie
Member Avatar

mer4santo
Oct 2 2012, 12:25 PM
Again, Tomlin proves he doesn't understand why characters fail; Cameron isn't failing because he isn't hot enough, he is failing because he is one note and boring as shit.

Didn't we do the same thing with Arianna and Taylor? Yes, I think we did and the reception for those characters did not change.
I actually liked both less after the recasts, lol.

JtSmarts
Member Avatar

lysie
Oct 2 2012, 12:28 PM
mer4santo

I definitely preferred Natalia as Taylor #2 as I felt the original integrity of Taylor #1 was kept in tact, however I loved Lindsay Hartley as Arianna, from the moment the character was announced I hoped Hartley would eventually end up in the role.

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

lysie
Oct 2 2012, 12:28 PM
mer4santo

Haha, same. Felisha Terrell brought a rawness to Arianna that made her seem more genuine and then Lindsay Hartley came on and ruined that by being Lindsay Hartley (which isn't a bad thing, she just had a very set way of acting). And while Taylor was a horrible character in the first place, I believed Natalia's portrayal of the sweet and innocent sister who was simply deceived by this prince charming named EJ Dimera more than Tamara Braun's bitchiness that told us this clearly was not her first rodeo.

I really don't think Cameron needed to be recast. He was a decent enough actor for what he was given to do. That being said, the character probably isn't important enough for most fans to care about this recast....so I guess that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

IMO, I wish that they'd kept Hartley and paired Arianna with EJ (which is where I was convinced they were going at the time). IMO, Hartley/Scott has some AMAZING chemistry & I can only imagine the potential storyline fall out of Rafe's sister/Nicole's rival falling for EJ.

JtSmarts
Member Avatar

Matt
Oct 2 2012, 01:12 PM
IMO, I wish that they'd kept Hartley and paired Arianna with EJ (which is where I was convinced they were going at the time). IMO, Hartley/Scott has some AMAZING chemistry & I can only imagine the potential storyline fall out of Rafe's sister/Nicole's rival falling for EJ.
Sigh, so much wasted potential... and not just that particular story. :rolleyes:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply