Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: New Cast Member At DAYS / Cameron Recast
Topic Started: Oct 1 2012, 11:33 AM (12,240 Views)
six
Member Avatar

I liked original Taylor, but both recasts were terrible. I still don't know how Days failed to take advantage of TB.

I actually liked FT-Arianna too and agree about the rawness she brought to the character. I don't think LH's portrayal fit the Arianna's backstory, but her Ari had potential, too.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

mer4santo
Member Avatar

Matt
Oct 2 2012, 01:12 PM
IMO, I wish that they'd kept Hartley and paired Arianna with EJ (which is where I was convinced they were going at the time). IMO, Hartley/Scott has some AMAZING chemistry & I can only imagine the potential storyline fall out of Rafe's sister/Nicole's rival falling for EJ.
I think JS but the kibosh on that pairing....

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

mer4santo
Oct 2 2012, 01:48 PM
Matt
IMO, I wish that they'd kept Hartley and paired Arianna with EJ (which is where I was convinced they were going at the time). IMO, Hartley/Scott has some AMAZING chemistry & I can only imagine the potential storyline fall out of Rafe's sister/Nicole's rival falling for EJ.
IMO, they need to stop letting actors dictate story directions.

reagon

mer4santo
Matt
I think the rumors were JS wanted a fresh pairing just like AS got with Rafe, a character with no baggage to be paired with. While the Taylor story was a disaster, I can't say JS put much if any effort into it either. Which is kind of surprising considering he supposedly wanted it.

He and Hartley did have chemistry but the foundation for a romance for them was truly organic, something that rarely happens on this show.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

reagon
Oct 2 2012, 01:55 PM
mer4santo
Matt
I think the rumors were JS wanted a fresh pairing just like AS got with Rafe, a character with no baggage to be paired with. While the Taylor story was a disaster, I can't say JS put much if any effort into it either. Which is kind of surprising considering he supposedly wanted it.

He and Hartley did have chemistry but the foundation for a romance for them was truly organic, something that rarely happens on this show.
Also, IMO, this is another case of this show not following the natural progression of a storyline in favor of forcing it to go in another direction that's far dramatically inferior to the more logical direction. See also: Victor/Maggie drama concerning Melissa & Sarah as opposed to EggBaby.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

JtSmarts
Oct 2 2012, 12:55 PM
lysie
Oct 2 2012, 12:28 PM
mer4santo
Oct 2 2012, 12:25 PM
Again, Tomlin proves he doesn't understand why characters fail; Cameron isn't failing because he isn't hot enough, he is failing because he is one note and boring as shit.

Didn't we do the same thing with Arianna and Taylor? Yes, I think we did and the reception for those characters did not change.
I actually liked both less after the recasts, lol.
I definitely preferred Natalia as Taylor #2 as I felt the original integrity of Taylor #1 was kept in tact, however I loved Lindsay Hartley as Arianna, from the moment the character was announced I hoped Hartley would eventually end up in the role.
I'm still mourning the loss of Lindsay - adore her. When Taylor showed up last go around, I found Natalia very annoying and almost looked forward to the re-cast with Tamara. But then Tamara showed up and I hated Taylor even more and wished they'd stuck with Natalia. So I think that was just one big character/storyline fail and it was probably became unsalvageable shortly after they unveiled it. I still chuckle at the thought that we were supposed to buy Tamara as younger-looking than Ari. Tamara cannot do young, idealistic roles like Saint Taylor (she who volunteered in orphanages and had a social conscience all while dating a pimp). What a spectacular misfire all around - oh, the memories. :laugh:

shar_d
Member Avatar

Hmm strange that they are recasting Cameron when he is barely onscreen. Maybe they will finally give him a storyline of interest. Maybe they will reveal who his father is.

Cupcake06

Matt
Yeah, well, they wet their pants and decided to go back to the same ol same ol. Odd and pointless decision.

Lady Evol
Member Avatar

mer4santo
Oct 2 2012, 12:25 PM
Again, Tomlin proves he doesn't understand why characters fail; Cameron isn't failing because he isn't hot enough, he is failing because he is one note and boring as shit.

Didn't we do the same thing with Arianna and Taylor? Yes, I think we did and the reception for those characters did not change.
I think he fails because he's not hot enough. I'm uncomfortable looking at his face, and REALLY glad they stopped writing for him. This new guy is a huge upgrade... Hopefully they'll put him onscreen sometimes...

I super-miss Lindsay Hartley. Love her so much and loved her with EJ.

nanasmiles

I also read that Schuyler Yancy was off doing an episode of a prime time show and this guy is a temp replacement. SY will be returning before long. Probably with Celeste.

six
Member Avatar

It's too bad Cameron's dating a Horton. I've always wanted to see Days develop the idea they had for Tommy to have a son out there somewhere (in NY, I think?). Of course Cam would need to be the grandson, though.

Nanasmiles, where did you read this?

specialcases
Member Avatar
your own "personal" Jesus

nanasmiles
Oct 3 2012, 10:09 AM
I also read that Schuyler Yancy was off doing an episode of a prime time show and this guy is a temp replacement. SY will be returning before long. Probably with Celeste.
where did you read this?

Ejole Lifer

Thank the heavens. That was a smart move.

ohgreatone22
Member Avatar

Why would they need a temp replacement of a character who's barely on anyways?

Can you share where you read that, nanasmiles?

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

reagon
Oct 2 2012, 01:55 PM
mer4santo
Matt

Wait...what? A character with no baggage would be Nicole's sister vs. Arianna? Did he mean no prior romances on-air or something? I just...I don't even get how the writers would follow his suggestion and get to Taylor.

Arianna and Sami could have been amazing rivals.

eyebrowns

px780
Oct 3 2012, 11:24 AM
Arianna and Sami could have been amazing rivals.
Yes... It would have been perfect! LH's Arianna was really great. You could feel a bit of Theresa in her which was a great character IMHO. They could have butted heads fantastically. I still hope they can bring her back from the dead. It's not like LH is doing anything. Plus they need more ladies on the show.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

I didn't like the actor playing Cameron but to be fair he didn't have much material to work with. His backstory is blah and now they went and made him a jerk dumping Abby of all times. Now if they went with him as a jerk, that might be interesting.

nanasmiles

I wrote that SY may just be a temp recast while he does a stint on a primetime show. But I think that his name was mixed up with DaJuan Johnson's, who is doing a guest stint on Bones. I don't know who mixed the names up in the first place, but I did repeat it erroneously. Maybe. :) We'll see. And I don't give my sources.

lysie
Member Avatar

nanasmiles
Oct 7 2012, 04:32 PM
I wrote that SY may just be a temp recast while he does a stint on a primetime show. But I think that his name was mixed up with DaJuan Johnson's, who is doing a guest stint on Bones. I don't know who mixed the names up in the first place, but I did repeat it erroneously. Maybe. :) We'll see. And I don't give my sources.
Then don't bother repeating their info here.

I couldn't stand Arianna. I was okay with her at first but they dragged their feet so long in giving her something to do, that I was over her by the time they did.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

LonePirate
Oct 1 2012, 04:30 PM
Say what you want about the previous/current Cameron, at least he seemed like he could be a doctor. This new Cameron certainly wasn't hired for his ability to convince audiences he has a medical degree. He was hired for one reason only it would seem - I just wish that reason wasn't so transparent.
I really liked Schuyler Yancy.I thought he made the character believable not just eye candy.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply