Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: DAYS Stars Staying Put
Topic Started: Oct 1 2012, 11:36 AM (3,236 Views)
NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

DAYS Stars Staying Put
By SOD Posted: Oct 1, 2012

After months of speculation that DAYS would be leaving the Burbank lot for the AMC/HOLLYWOOD HEIGHTS studio in Glendale, Executive Producer Ken Corday announced at the 12,000th episode celebration on set that the show was staying put.

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/days-stars-staying-put
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

So is this SOD's big news? Wow. Thrilling.

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

Is this suppose to be the big news? At this point, the show needs is either hire a new writer or canceled it.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

JamesScott_19
Oct 1 2012, 11:49 AM
Is this suppose to be the big news? At this point, the show needs is either hire a new writer or canceled it.
What big news? I must have missed something.

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

Mitchapalooza
Oct 1 2012, 11:56 AM
JamesScott_19
SOD suppose to release some big announcement, unless I am mistaken or something.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

Mitchapalooza
Oct 1 2012, 11:56 AM
JamesScott_19
In their "Stuff We Know & Shouldn't Tell You" section, they alluded to some big Days news coming up. I certainly hope this wasn't it.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

I think it is very telling that a contract pickup from NBC was NOT announced at this celebration...it feels like it would have been the perfect time for NBC to give DAYS the go ahead and have it announced on this day.

blueskies
Member Avatar

This actually could be good news or bad news. It's more expensive right? So, perhaps it means they're staying put thru the end of the show, or perhaps it shows NBC is more supportive than we thought. I'm hesitant to believe the latter.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sindacco

tomsawyer
Oct 1 2012, 11:47 AM
So is this SOD's big news? Wow. Thrilling.
I'm sure this was good news for the cast and crew since the studio is an iconic place for them. Good for the morale at work.

King
Member Avatar

Such a weird announcement...the show renewed their lease at the Burbank lot so they announce it??

IDK. Very strange. LOL.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I don't think this is the "big news." This is news for the actors and I'm happy for them, but this definitely isn't news for the fans and that is SOD's job. I'm glad they are staying where they are, because it would be stupid to move the show now. I'm disappointed, I wanted good news or some kind of confirmation about an actor or actress that I actually love sticking around this show for once.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

I wonder if the news SOD is talking about is a contract renewal from NBC...we are fast approaching the time when a decision is usually announced. Their contract with NBC only has 11 months left on it.
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Oct 1 2012, 02:11 PM.

Dolly

Could be good news. Less disruption of the filming schedule.

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

Why do a big move if DAYS is getting cancelled? No sense in setting up elsewhere if DAYS is on the chopping block. Nothing about the show right now screams renewal.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Hmm,wow.

gailwinters
Member Avatar

I think this is actually better news for the crew than for the cast. I was told that if they moved, the new studio had crew who would be used, rather than them bringing over everybody with them from Days, and that a lot of long time employees would probably lose their jobs.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I don't see the problem with SOD considering this "big news." It's certainly big news to those that work on the show. It saves on budget from moving to a new location, rebuilding sets, etc. Also, with the way SOD has been lacking in breaking the news as of late when it comes to soaps, I don't blame them for promoting the hell out of "big news" even if it was just that the show was staying put.

granolagirl
Member Avatar

Dreamer
Oct 1 2012, 03:09 PM
Why do a big move if DAYS is getting cancelled? No sense in setting up elsewhere if DAYS is on the chopping block. Nothing about the show right now screams renewal.
I'm not really sure what to make of this. AMC moved right before they got canceled. Sometimes the economics of these kinds of things aren't totally transparent.

veteranfan

It might have been nice to see larger and more sets. It was said that the new studio was larger and more modern. We see the same sets (Horton square, Dem Mansion, office set, Pub) day after day. I like the Pub before they took the columns out and made it smaller. That one set has been used for Rafe/Carie's office, Lexie office, Daniel's office, Roman's office and police meeting office. I am so sick of seeing it with different decorations. It is one of the things that makes the show look so cheap!

Maybe we will see Salem Place again since they are staying at Burbank. It would be nice to actually see the cast actually outside again.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

veteranfan
Oct 1 2012, 05:01 PM
It might have been nice to see larger and more sets. It was said that the new studio was larger and more modern. We see the same sets (Horton square, Dem Mansion, office set, Pub) day after day. I like the Pub before they took the columns out and made it smaller. That one set has been used for Rafe/Carie's office, Lexie office, Daniel's office, Roman's office and police meeting office. I am so sick of seeing it with different decorations. It is one of the things that makes the show look so cheap!

Maybe we will see Salem Place again since they are staying at Burbank. It would be nice to actually see the cast actually outside again.
I doubt it, apparently it has been totally dismantled, outside of a few very dated things left behind.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply